ADVERTISEMENT

So Falk is coming back...

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
If that's true, and it sure looks to be the case, that is a huge boost to our program. Big difference between 2 good seasons and 3, and we'll need him with a much more difficult conference schedule next year.

Looks like 2017 will be another fun season.

If that's true, and it sure looks to be the case, that is a huge boost to our program. Big difference between 2 good seasons and 3, and we'll need him with a much more difficult conference schedule next year.

Cody needs to come back too. Surprised to hear that Cole Madison might consider leaving early too? That seems silly to me. If you are a sure fire first day pick, makes sense, but can't think Madison would be better than 4th or 5th round...best case.

Assuming both these guys are back along with Luke, offense can be dominant next year.

Cody needs to come back too. Surprised to hear that Cole Madison might consider leaving early too? That seems silly to me. If you are a sure fire first day pick, makes sense, but can't think Madison would be better than 4th or 5th round...best case.

Assuming both these guys are back along with Luke, offense can be dominant next year.
It could be if Leach tweaks some things. Against the better defenses, the offense tends to flatten out, and with Marks and Cracraft gone, the scheme needs some adjustments. I'm not tossing out a braindead "run the ball more, Leach!" kind of shriek. I just think some creativity could keep defenses off balance.

Last edited:
Luke's sister disputed Leach and said nothing has been decided. Waiting till after the bowl game.

Luke's sister disputed Leach and said nothing has been decided. Waiting till after the bowl game.

Yup. Leach just said it's not his last game and to wait till after it's done to reflect on past accolades/achievements.

If he stays great if he leaves sad but great for him and the next QB chapter to begin.

Until Luke speaks this is all speculation. The only thing I heard from him is that he was concentrating on getting ready to play the next game. Decision on the NFL after the season.

With the Bama QB down to ASU and us that would seem to strongly suggest Falk is at least still in the process of making up his mind on whether to stay or go.

With the Bama QB down to ASU and us that would seem to strongly suggest Falk is at least still in the process of making up his mind on whether to stay or go.

Unless he's recently changed his mind, the Bama QB already pledged to ASU. When he did, that suggested to me that Luke was coming back to Pullman.

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
Unless he's recently changed his mind, the Bama QB already pledged to ASU. When he did, that suggested to me that Luke was coming back to Pullman.
My bad. I wasn't clear in my post. He's definitely going to ASU and apparently the reason he chose ASU was the connection he had with ASU's QB coach. That we were in the final 2 to me says he felt comfortable he could compete for a spot next year. I guess that could mean he felt he could play with or without Falk? More idle speculation on my part.

Totally reading between the line and at the end it doesn't amount to much when it comes to Falk. The talk that Falk is coming back is also just speculation. I don't think we know either way.

I think it means he's coming back. Leach said he is. Priester tweeted something along the lines of "one more year with my dawg." That answered questions on both of those guys. If true, Priester could be a key difference maker at WR.

I think it means he's coming back. Leach said he is. Priester tweeted something along the lines of "one more year with my dawg." That answered questions on both of those guys. If true, Priester could be a key difference maker at WR.

I saw Priester say that also. If Dimry gets another year wow. FWIW. Falks sister deleted her tweet. Two years left for Priester?

Priester needs to be a difference maker. He's got all the physical ability of a Gabe Marks, the rest is want to. I hope the season off has done him well mentally because this team needs him to be a top option next year.

Priester needs to be a difference maker. He's got all the physical ability of a Gabe Marks, the rest is want to. I hope the season off has done him well mentally because this team needs him to be a top option next year.

Actually, he has superior physical ability.

Hope it's like the Gabe Marks type of timing redshirt because that worked out extremely well for Marks. FWIW, I think Kelly Olynyk did a later RS as well at GU and that worked out well for him, too.

If the rumors are true, and Priester rejoins the team, it will be a huge sign of maturation on his part. He had the opportunity to transfer out, but he didn't. Makes me think that someone, probably a teammate, gave him some good advice.

Instead of transferring to an FCS school where you can play immediately, albeit anonymously, or to another FBS school and sit out a year and hope you fit in, look at what you have in Pullman. Where are you going to play and get more touches and better passing game coaching than at WSU?

The Leach comment appeared off the cuff. Alluding to another game could also mean something like the post-season Shriners with Marks. Leach isn't exactly hyper-focused in interviews. I think Priester coming back would be a potential success story if he can get his stuff together. Dimry? Free up that spot. O'Connell? I don' t know that Falk comes back without his left guard.

For some strange reason I don't find this news exciting. It's not like we'll see more upside from him either.

For some strange reason I don't find this news exciting. It's not like we'll see more upside from him either.

The way he has looked the last three games, his return isn't exciting news. Minnesota is playing high school players in its d-backfield, and Falk still can't beat them. If he can't beat UM's third teamers, the talk about the NFL is pretty silly.

Yeah, I fully expect Hillinski to push him. Falk better get his ass in gear in the offseason because after this performance I'd have no reservations if I was Leach about having a wide open competition.

Yeah, I fully expect Hillinski to push him. Falk better get his ass in gear in the offseason because after this performance I'd have no reservations if I was Leach about having a wide open competition.
I see no way Falk gets beat out. I don't care how good his competition is either. He will be our starter next season.

Starting right now--give Tyler a drive and see what he can do. Falk clearly isn't going to win this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT