ADVERTISEMENT

Kelvin Sampson NCOY?

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
Can anyone explain to me how a top 15 coach, maybe top 50 all time, who has all the resources and clout and money and history and and and...

Is up for NCOY? How hard is it to coach McDonalds all-americans (is that a thing any more)? What am I missing? Did his blue chip PG stub his toe early in the season? Hang nail?

But seriously, educate me because I'm desperate to know.

Houston is not a blue blood program and is historically pretty mediocre. Within a couple seasons, he has built the program into the #1 in country and winning what is viewed as the toughest basketball conference. Yes with McDonald’s all Americans (that he recruited). He wins everywhere he goes and now that all his shady tactics are legal….

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Houston is not a blue blood program and is historically pretty mediocre. Within a couple seasons, he has built the program into the #1 in country and winning what is viewed as the toughest basketball conference. Yes with McDonald’s all Americans (that he recruited). He wins everywhere he goes and now that all his shady tactics are legal….
As Boston has pointed out, Kelvin's habits are now fully legal and given decades of practice, he hit the ground running in the new "everything goes" era. Also helped that Houston has some alum money. You have to admit that he is effective in a "legal cheating & bribery" environment.

win totals last 7 years.

He's really resurrected the program this year...

As Boston has pointed out, Kelvin's habits are now fully legal and given decades of practice, he hit the ground running in the new "everything goes" era. Also helped that Houston has some alum money. You have to admit that he is effective in a "legal cheating & bribery" environment.
Kelvin Sampson is the Bruce Pearl of Rick Petino’s.

It’s comical that Sampson was treated like a pedophile for TEXTING too much.
True. A lot of programs were cheating, as they were just paying cash directly to players. His mistake was that texting leaves a trail to follow.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT