ADVERTISEMENT

Minshew

He’s looking pretty good—took em down into KC territory but they had to settle for a 37 yd fg

4-4 and led a FG scoring drive.

Not bad for getting thrown so fast into the fire.

Trouble is playing Mahomes the Jags will have to generate offense.

He’s getting a ton of hype from the announcers. Damn, Jags defense is garbage!

You can't ask for more than that from a guy jumping into the frying pan first game of the season and first of his career...well done GM!
Seriously. If the Jags had something better than the 28th rated defense....the game could of been 30-33 to 26 or so.

Looks like broken clavicle for Foles. I never root for a guy to get hurt, but I hope Minshew makes the most of it.

Again, QB is the worst coached position and most poorly evaluated position in all of football. From youth to the NFL.

He just turned every GMs head in the NFL. If the Jags were smart they’d crank up the pass plays called. He needs 40 reps.

leach said the nfl talent evaluators were idiots, looks like hes right again
I read an article about a NFL talent evaluator that downgraded Russell Wilson coming into the draft and didn't think he could make it in the NFL. He said where he went wrong is that he based his evaluation on a generic NFL offense. It didn't dawn on him that a team could build an offense around a QB's strengths.

Still, the NFL has always built a team around the QB's strengths. It is just they all used the same playbook.

Again, QB is the worst coached position and most poorly evaluated position in all of football. From youth to the NFL.

He just turned every GMs head in the NFL. If the Jags were smart they’d crank up the pass plays called. He needs 40 reps.

You are getting way ahead of yourself . QBs are evaluated on their consistency . Yes the NFL is going to start reevaluating how they evaluate the position, but there are reasons they are slow to jump on the air raid qb’s. Leach pointed to the philosophy as find green area and throw to it. There is “less” green area and fewer windows to throw to .

You are getting way ahead of yourself . QBs are evaluated on their consistency . Yes the NFL is going to start reevaluating how they evaluate the position, but there are reasons they are slow to jump on the air raid qb’s. Leach pointed to the philosophy as find green area and throw to it. There is “less” green area and fewer windows to throw to .
The same reasoning was used against African American QB's at one time. The issue in the past for Air Raid QB's was that none of them were can't miss physically gifted QB's. Even if they would have gone to a school that ran a traditional offense, they still would not have made the NFL.

What Leach and other Air Raid coaches looked for in a QB was different than what the NFL was looking for in a QB. With Air Raid concepts becoming more common in the NFL, that is not a problem anymore. Plus, physically gifted QB's used to avoid schools that ran the Air Raid. Now, they are going to Air Raid schools.

Coming from the guy who want more running out of the air raid...

They have Fournette. He'll be best served by running enough to keep the defense honest. If its a bad secondary, yeah crank up the passing. Otherwise keep the run/pass ratio intact, imho.

Coming from the guy who want more running out of the air raid...

They have Fournette. He'll be best served by running enough to keep the defense honest. If its a bad secondary, yeah crank up the passing. Otherwise keep the run/pass ratio intact, imho.

You're taking my position on the WSU offense and making it into something I haven't said. So stop.

And your idea is to take an AR qb and turn him into your basic boring NFL offense that clearly didn't work the week before? Yeah, good game plan.

You're taking my position on the WSU offense and making it into something I haven't said. So stop.

And your idea is to take an AR qb and turn him into your basic boring NFL offense that clearly didn't work the week before? Yeah, good game plan.
1) 26pts is above the NFL average for pts a game
2) The Jags OL is not talented enough to hold back an onslaught of blitzing defenses who will (and are going to already) pin their ears back and get after GM.
3) Fournette averaged 5.1 ypc. I even bet some of it was BETWEEN THE TACKLES
4) Don't even try to act like you don't think you know how to run the AR better than CML. Every fcking week you're on here "more this, more that, I coached rugby kicking at southeastern mining school for the blind, i KNOW football better than you". Most of the time we all appreciate your insight despite you're looking down your nose at everyone because you make valid points and back it with reason, but don't even try to act like you don't. Just don't.

1) 26pts is above the NFL average for pts a game
2) The Jags OL is not talented enough to hold back an onslaught of blitzing defenses who will (and are going to already) pin their ears back and get after GM.
3) Fournette averaged 5.1 ypc. I even bet some of it was BETWEEN THE TACKLES
4) Don't even try to act like you don't think you know how to run the AR better than CML. Every fcking week you're on here "more this, more that, I coached rugby kicking at southeastern mining school for the blind, i KNOW football better than you". Most of the time we all appreciate your insight despite you're looking down your nose at everyone because you make valid points and back it with reason, but don't even try to act like you don't. Just don't.

1) The only amount of points that matters is having 1 more than your opponent at the end of the game. So you're statistic doesn't matter.
2) If you wanna beat blitzes, you throw the ball. You don't stand there. So you don't know much about that either.
3) Good, Fournette needs to be a work horse.
4) Don't even try to act like you know more football than me. Cause you don't. I do look down on you. You're dim. I'm not trying to act like I don't.
5) I think it's f*cking stupid to try and find a way to diminish the knowledge of someone else when you don't know a damn thing about the topic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT