ADVERTISEMENT

More fun - Best Coug moments

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Moments that you attended that is.

1 - getting laid by this hot older - oops this is a sports post.

1 - 1982 Apple Cup. I got a hand on the second goal post.
2 - 1979 or 1980 Basketball win over UCLA
3 - 1992 Snow Bowl Apple Cup win. Watched a mutt in the row ahead of me take out $500 and pay his Coug pal the bet they had made.
Beyond that, it gets fuzzy. That 2009 BB win over ASU, beating Cal and Jason kid under Sampson, where they basically just let everyone in for free to fill Beasley, the 1988 snowy Apple Cup win (was in YakiVegas at the time, took 4 buddies over in my Toyota van, none had ever been to Pullman. Crazy weekend. Not sure why any of us lived.)

Yep. '83. Pollard's end to that game was perfect.
I can't find it, but I remember the NCAA's when Virginia beat us in the second round. There was a picture where Pollard was under the basket and Ralph Sampson was on his toes with his fingers touching the backboard. Hard to score on that one.

So. There are a lot of great moments in recent years. Taylor Rochestie's 3 to sink ASU in OT for example.
I've already posted these a time or two but here we are again. I was there.

Edit - gotta add the Cougs beating F-ing Gonzaga in 2006 at Friel Court. I was there for that one too.

The Klay retirement game. I’ve taken my kids to several Coug events but I think it clicked that day what it means to be a Coug. The mutual love between Klay and everyone in attendance was something. Curry being there with him was so cool. And it was a great game. My teenage daughter wears that shirt they gave away all the time even though it’s yellow now. I know it’s a special memory for her.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Moments that you attended that is.

1 - getting laid by this hot older - oops this is a sports post.

1 - 1982 Apple Cup. I got a hand on the second goal post.
2 - 1979 or 1980 Basketball win over UCLA
3 - 1992 Snow Bowl Apple Cup win. Watched a mutt in the row ahead of me take out $500 and pay his Coug pal the bet they had made.
Beyond that, it gets fuzzy. That 2009 BB win over ASU, beating Cal and Jason kid under Sampson, where they basically just let everyone in for free to fill Beasley, the 1988 snowy Apple Cup win (was in YakiVegas at the time, took 4 buddies over in my Toyota van, none had ever been to Pullman. Crazy weekend. Not sure why any of us lived.)
1973? Beating mutts and Sixkiller in Joe Albi
1997 Beating UCLA with goal line stand in season opening game
2018 Beating Oregon in the GameDay game
2003 Beating highly ranked Oregon in Eugene the week after they beat #1 Michigan.
2018 Mississippi Mustache Minshew beats Iowa State in Alamo Bowl
June 1974 Graduating w/Construction Mgmt degree
Losing it, secret time, secret place, secret partner
2 Rose Bowls
2023 WBB win the PAC 12 Tournament for the first time!!! (okay, I admit I watched on TV)
The night we found out that my roommate had been accepted to medical school! Memorable!

1973? Beating mutts and Sixkiller in Joe Albi
1997 Beating UCLA with goal line stand in season opening game
2018 Beating Oregon in the GameDay game
2003 Beating highly ranked Oregon in Eugene the week after they beat #1 Michigan.
2018 Mississippi Mustache Minshew beats Iowa State in Alamo Bowl
June 1974 Graduating w/Construction Mgmt degree
Losing it, secret time, secret place, secret partner
2 Rose Bowls
2023 WBB win the PAC 12 Tournament for the first time!!! (okay, I admit I watched on TV)
The night we found out that my roommate had been accepted to medical school! Memorable!
Albi was in ‘72. (War dance over Sixkiller) Had to go across the street at half for more “mad dog”. In 73 we were up 42-6 at half in fusky stadium on the way to blow out. I was enjoying watching Jones run through huge holes from my end zone seats in our student section.

1997 Apple Cup made us Rose Bowl bound
1992 Apple Cup a religious experience
Walking into that 1998 Rose Bowl
1982 Apple Cup an upset for the ages
2002 USC game Rien Long takes over

1997 Apple Cup made us Rose Bowl bound
1992 Apple Cup a religious experience
Walking into that 1998 Rose Bowl
1982 Apple Cup an upset for the ages
2002 USC game Rien Long takes over
Was there for all of them except 1997 Apple Cup. I'll never set foot in the mistake by the lake.....

Reactions: cougarmike
Honestly... my favorite Coug moment was taking my daughter to her first game in Martin Stadium when she was 10.
She's now a junior Pre-Law. Couldn't be more proud....

Reactions: Coug90 and kougkurt
Honestly... my favorite Coug moment was taking my daughter to her first game in Martin Stadium when she was 10.
She's now a junior Pre-Law. Couldn't be more proud....
Took my daughter at 5 weeks. we lost to EWU, so it’s fortunate she has no memory of it. I have a picture of her at the 2018 Utah game that’s going to be my favorite until she gets me picked as dad of the year when she’s a senior.

Reactions: 79COUG
Was there for all of them except 1997 Apple Cup. I'll never set foot in the mistake by the lake.....
Every road AC win is sweet. I’ve endured many Coug asskickings and BS from their pompous fans over the years. The brink to Gibson AC and the ‘21 cup were both awesome to be at even though there wasn’t a lot on the line. That thrashing UW took, when their fans didn’t think it was possible to lose to WSU ever again was awesome.

I’ve never seen the pin drop effect at a stadium like there was when Gibson hauled that ball in. I was in a section of the most miserable c$&@sucker huskies ever and to watch those a-holes walk out of there with their heads down…never gets old.

Reactions: 79COUG
Every road AC win is sweet. I’ve endured many Coug asskickings and BS from their pompous fans over the years. The brink to Gibson AC and the ‘21 cup were both awesome to be at even though there wasn’t a lot on the line. That thrashing UW took, when their fans didn’t think it was possible to lose to WSU ever again was awesome.

I’ve never seen the pin drop effect at a stadium like there was when Gibson hauled that ball in. I was in a section of the most miserable c$&@sucker huskies ever and to watch those a-holes walk out of there with their heads down…never gets old.
It had to help that there wasn't a defender within 15 yards of Gibson

The only time I was in Husky stadium was for the Brink to Gibson AC. I have no intentions of going back. I didn't feel real safe (and I was sober and didn't say anything)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT