ADVERTISEMENT

My $.02 re: Mr.Falk

My .02c on Falk, as I stated in another thread, is that we've seen this from him throughout his career. Mediocre performances against Portland State, Wyoming, Cal, UW, and Miami, Fla. in 2015. Last year not performing great to start the Oregon State game, against UCLA, Colorado, UW, and Minnesota.

This will upset some people, but I've always considered him a very good system QB, but not an elite QB. When the scheme is working, he's as good of a game manager as we've had. When the offense struggles, Luke struggles.

My opinion of Luke is not entirely different than that of my all time favorite QB, Tom Brady (I'm originally from Boston). Great game manager, but the real credit goes to the coach and the system.

Not to totally derail this thread... and this pains me to say... but you're wrong on Brady. He still has to make the passes, and he can thread the needle on a crossing route OR hit Gronk in stride 20 yards down the field.

Mechanically those may not be the toughest passes, but as Falk has shown, Brady has what matters most - the mental part of the game.

I'm curious about how/if Graham Harrell's departure from the staff has affected Falk.

Yost too. Maybe I'm not remembering, but he worked with the QBs as well, didn't he? Or was he more of a WR coach?

I was watching the replay of the '15 OSU game last night and it really looked like a completely different Luke Falk. Granted, that OSU team was gawd awful, but Falk was throwing to Marks, Cracraft & Dom Williams when they really weren't "open", they just had a 1 on 1 matchup and he trusted them to make a play. Wonder if he just doesn't have that trust level with the WRs now. If that's the case, then he needs to get over it and allow them to make plays like he used to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT