ADVERTISEMENT

Needed verbal

Honestly, I thought the Run 'n Shoot offense was going to be booty, but it was by far a more exciting brand of offense than the Air Raid. Our RB's were critical to our success in that scheme and for the most part, they delivered. The last year we had it as our offense, you could really see the guys running it, starting to really perfect it. Defenses have the Air Raid figured out now and its only a matter of time before we see it brought to pasture.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Honestly, I thought the Run 'n Shoot offense was going to be booty, but it was by far a more exciting brand of offense than the Air Raid. Our RB's were critical to our success in that scheme and for the most part, they delivered. The last year we had it as our offense, you could really see the guys running it, starting to really perfect it. Defenses have the Air Raid figured out now and its only a matter of time before we see it brought to pasture.

I agree. I have been saying I wish we would have continued with that offense and kept our momentum instead of bringing in Morris and going to the Air Raid.

I still think that was a bad move by Dickert

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I agree. I have been saying I wish we would have continued with that offense and kept our momentum instead of bringing in Morris and going to the Air Raid.

I still think that was a bad move by Dickert
I don't get why we are calling this the Air Raid. We don't have the big lineman splits, and we use a tight end. Just looks like another spread offense to me - like the other hundred out there.

I don't get why we are calling this the Air Raid. We don't have the big lineman splits, and we use a tight end. Just looks like another spread offense to me - like the other hundred out there.
Exactly. This is like the 3-4/4-3 argument on defense. Defensive coaches put their best 11 guys in the field for a given situation, whether 2, 3, or 8 guys have their hand in the dirt is irrelevant.

There’s a 100 different versions of the “air raid” now. Coaches like Holgerson tweaked it significantly years ago. There’s air raid offenses that have completely different running concepts than ours. There’s not much point in applying a single label when there’s so much variance in the playbook.

I think the offense is fine, the execution is the issue. If the QB can't spot the open receivers, it has a negative impact on your offensive productivity. It worked the first 4 games, now it looks like the QB is playing with blinders on.

I think the offense is fine, the execution is the issue. If the QB can't spot the open receivers, it has a negative impact on your offensive productivity. It worked the first 4 games, now it looks like the QB is playing with blinders on.
The running game hasn’t really worked all year. Doesn’t matter what offense you play? If you can’t run the ball it’s really hard to win and really hard for the QB to sustain success. Defenses have been daring us to run it the last few weeks and we still can’t.

I remember when defenses did that to Leach and he’d still throw it out of pure stubbornness, but for the most part we picked up 5, 8, 12 yards whenever we wanted to, and guys like Morrow and Wicks would punish DBs to top it off. I miss those days.

Defenses have the air raid figured out if your team doesn’t have a run option. If you’ve got a quality RB or a QB who’s a real run threat, then they rush 3/drop 8 at their own peril.

Defenses have the air raid figured out if your team doesn’t have a run option. If you’ve got a quality RB or a QB who’s a real run threat, then they rush 3/drop 8 at their own peril.
Yes... but again... I think its more about the line (or the lack there of)

Reactions: Coug90
When WSU had two NFL bound tackles how was the run game?

6 yards a carry and 32 TDs for this guy…I’d say pretty damn good.

I’d guess Morrow, Wicks, and Williams put up similar numbers collectively.

Still amazes me how quickly Rolovich burned the Leach blueprints in recruiting regarding O-Line & RB’s. Seems that strategy would work in every pass happy offense.

Jesus. You’re as fcking dumb as stupidgibbons and cuck90.

I had higher hopes for you.
If you didn’t have me on ignore you could see the results…put them right in front of you. Of course that’s why you have me on ignore as well.

If you didn’t have me on ignore you could see the results…put them right in front of you. Of course that’s why you have me on ignore as well.
Why put posters on ignore? Scroll past 'em if you don't want to read them. Speaking of which, where is Mik?

Reactions: PeteTheChop
Why put posters on ignore? Scroll past 'em if you don't want to read them. Speaking of which, where is Mik?

I enjoy Mik's posts. A lot of numbers to chew on if that's your thing.

Hope he's back soon and brings Tron, Yaki, SD Coug and the rest of the crew back as well.

Back to Hassan anyone watch his HUDL? If not i highly recommend it’s one of the funnier highlights I’ve come across. He’s casually wrecking dudes, doesn’t even look like he’s trying. Then they put him at tight end and throw it to him and there’s 120 lb kids trying to cover him and tackle him, bouncing off of him. It’s quite hilarious.

Back to Hassan anyone watch his HUDL? If not i highly recommend it’s one of the funnier highlights I’ve come across. He’s casually wrecking dudes, doesn’t even look like he’s trying. Then they put him at tight end and throw it to him and there’s 120 lb kids trying to cover him and tackle him, bouncing off of him. It’s quite hilarious.

Watched the highlights. You weren't wrong....he's wrecking the poor fools that he was playing against. That said...he's obviously strong but his feet are SLOW. Not sure that I'm wild about him wasting time flopping on top of the poor bastards when they are down...but it's definitely funny as hell.

Reactions: Coug90
Watched the highlights. You weren't wrong....he's wrecking the poor fools that he was playing against. That said...he's obviously strong but his feet are SLOW. Not sure that I'm wild about him wasting time flopping on top of the poor bastards when they are down...but it's definitely funny as hell.
Looks like a project but he likes to hit people. Also going to be disappointed if we don’t see a tackle eligible play where a receiver stands on the line

Looks like a project but he likes to hit people. Also going to be disappointed if we don’t see a tackle eligible play where a receiver stands on the line

He certainly knows how to flatten that competition. His teammates were pussyfooting around and he laid some dudes out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT