ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Weaver Interview

Based on listening to Dick Bennett coach during his first two years, I thought Weaver’s first name was “Damnit”

Reactions: ATACFD
Yup, he said "Weaver couldn't guard a chair" his first year. Fond memories of both those guys.

That said, when I saw Weaver play at Oklahoma State as a freshman...I met his mom and told her that it was obvious that her son was talented enough to be in the NBA. That kid was a ball player.

That said, when I saw Weaver play at Oklahoma State as a freshman...I met his mom and told her that it was obvious that her son was talented enough to be in the NBA. That kid was a ball player.
No question. Weaver also went through the ringer his sophomore year after Low went down, but came out a more complete player. He came back his junior year with a functional 3. I would like to think Houinsou could do the same, but Weaver's mechanics seemed a lot better to start with compared to Houinsou.

I would get Houinsou to Donald Watts' shooting school right after the season

Watts can be a shooter. I doubt Houinsou ever will be. It's just something he can't do.

He should already be tagging along with Isaiah and Jaylen Wells to shooting school.

Agree with Rich that he's likely never going to be a good shooter, but he has to somehow get to functional. Seems like he needs to totally revamp his overhead mechanics. Keith/Jamaal Wilkes he is not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT