ADVERTISEMENT

***NEVADA @ WSU - GAME THREAD***

I'm trying to watch through P12 Network on their website but getting "Network Error" on multiple browsers. Anyone else having luck on the site?

Finally got a stream going, things look like they're well in hand already. Wolfpack seems to have hit hard times. Montana State looked better.

So far Nevada are not putting up much of a fight.
14-0 Cougs and this one could be over by the 3rd quarter.

Want see the subs to play a lot today including Hlinski getting the whole 4th quarter. Also put in the back up o-linemen. Don't think they have played much this year.

Cupcake city,we will see if the cougs are for real next Friday night. Hopefully it will be a game for the ages.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
That is why want to see the subs in at some point in the 3rd. Doesn't do any good to go with your starters and get complacent in a blowout.
Let's make this 35 to 3 by half and get those backups some valuable experience.

Great to see the guys were ready today.

Nevada is not a good football team or we are way better than we showed in the first few weeks.
Nevada is that bad. Let's just get through this with no injuries and get the backups some quality time. SC has pulled away on Cal in the 4th, so here we go for next week

Nevada is that bad. Let's just get through this with no injuries and get the backups some quality time. SC has pulled away on Cal in the 4th, so here we go for next week
Happily for us, Cals demise was all about cracking: they earned a close game and gave it away with turnovers

Reactions: GrayOnGray
Good start but I'm still unimpressed with the running game. The push just doesn't seem to be there, even against inferior opposition. I don't like what that might lead to from next week on.

Seriously, the running game. That last run up the middle was the right call, it set up fine, but the line just got beat. Something has to change in the type of runs being used, or the oline has to rediscover their push, because that's just not good enough.

Happy to be blowing out Nevada - but one of the things Ill always hate about being up this much is how the quality of the officiating starts to tilt in favor of the loser... as if its OK to be fast and loose as long as it doesn't affect the outcome too much. That catch was close but hardly enough to overturn the incumbent call.

Are the announcers watching the video? Luvu's arm hits the chest, not the neck.

What an outstanding defensive effort to keep Nevada out of the endzone. Thompson is a stud.

I hope you guys are singing the same song Friday night.Falk has achieved demi god status with some posters despite not ever having a signature game. One hopes that he achieves this Friday night

I hope you guys are singing the same song Friday night.Falk has achieved demi god status with some posters despite not ever having a signature game. One hopes that he achieves this Friday night
First Halliday, then Falk, and inevitably Halliday... it might be time to admit you just hate quarterbacks

Reactions: Coug1990

I think everyone is aware of Falk's limitations. I think Hilinski just reinforced that every QB is human and it's ok to wait before you start.

His signature games were UCLA and Rutgers two years ago. They may not have been wins against big time opposition, but they were clutch performances that were vital for the program when they happened. I'd love to see him play better against top defenses, but to say he hasn't had signature games is to just be a contrarian doofus.

Reactions: Coug1990
Well, aside from the running game and Hilinky's continued braincramping, a solid performance and I don't think anybody got hurt. Bring on USC

First Halliday, then Falk, and inevitably Halliday... it might be time to admit you just hate quarterbacks

This is probably the truest statement regarding El C. He demands perfection at the QB position, and thus will always be looking to the bench for that perfect QB who never messes up.

QBs have faults. All of them at this level, and the true test is to see how they overcome the things holding them back.

Tuel was a perfectionist, overly cautious (but with absolutely zero offensive line)
Halliday was impulsive and hot-headed
Falk also has the perfectionist mentality holds the ball too long and too passive at times
Hillinski is inexperienced and has mental lapses.

None of these guys are perfect, but they all are actually good QBs.

Tuel needed a line to be healthy enough to get past his issues which never happened.
Halliday got better but still would lapse from time to time in his impulsiveness
Falk gets too cautious but works through it and looks fantastic when he does.
Hillinski will learn. That's why you put him out there to either sink or swim. He sunk and then swam against Boise, against Nevada it was a lot of sinking. Baby bird will learn how to fly, but he's going to fall on his face from time to time. Which is good that it is happening now instead of later...so he can work through it.

El C just has to learn to understand the shortcomings, be patient, and hope they develop and work through them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT