ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford thread?

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
In case anyone cares. Apparently no one did on Thursday at Beasley. 2,744 fans? And I had read where they were going to open upper Beasley to accommodate all the expected students. And Arizona had 7.300 last night for the WOMENS game against WSU?

Let's hope we do better today. Go Cougs.

I guess they updated the official count to 3,700+. Weather wasn't the best last Thursday and it's a Thursday. Still sucks we can't find 4,000 students every game for this team.

Sounds a bit better today.

We are getting there. This team deserves a packed lower bowl at the least.

These guys don’t belong on the same floor. If we play a clean game this should be a rout

Carlyle is their wildcard to stick around. He really seems to get up to play against us, or maybe it's to play against Rice given all the attention he's getting.

WSU not playing their A game. Stanford is smelling an upset and are playing hard.

I guess they updated the official count to 3,700+. Weather wasn't the best last Thursday and it's a Thursday. Still sucks we can't find 4,000 students every game for this team.

Sounds a bit better today.
Even Coach Smith says there is a lag affect regarding attendance. If they continue to win, more people will show up.

Even Coach Smith says there is a lag affect regarding attendance. If they continue to win, more people will show up.
Expect the stretch run to improve. UCLA/SC & mutt's should draw especially if we can take this game and win 1 on the road.

13 point home win. Won't help too much, but definitely doesn't hurt us. Won't hurt getting more BIS.

13 point home win. Won't help too much, but definitely doesn't hurt us. Won't hurt getting more BIS.
Way to close it out Cougs! Fun interview with Cluff - that Aussie accent - I love that. But he's just not as cute as Baynes so no swooning here. Jaki is cuter.

Be interested to hear from someone who was there and to see the attendance stats. Did I see some fans in the upper deck? It is still kind of sad to see us struggling so much to get fans. Although I'm one to talk. 3 1/2 hours away.

Was a decent crowd. 5,671 per espn. Student section maybe 2/3 full. Quite a few people in the upper bowl. Don't know if they bought tickets up there or just sat there. A couple of people told they tried to buy tickets on the south side of the lower bowl but it was sold out.

Was a decent crowd. 5,671 per espn. Student section maybe 2/3 full. Quite a few people in the upper bowl. Don't know if they bought tickets up there or just sat there. A couple of people told they tried to buy tickets on the south side of the lower bowl but it was sold out.
Stats kind of remind me of the 2008 Round of 32 game against Notre Dame. Per their coach "They imposed their will on us".
37 to 21 edge on rebounds? 13 vs 6 offensive rebounds? 5 vs 2 blocks?

Way to close it out Cougs! Fun interview with Cluff - that Aussie accent - I love that. But he's just not as cute as Baynes so no swooning here. Jaki is cuter.
Probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but Cluff has been a low key beast. Blocks, tip backs, defense, boards, and scores enough the defense needs to account for him. He went for 8 & 12 w/ 3 blocks and 3 steals. That doesn't account for changing shots and the times he kept possessions alive. Good feel and IQ from the Aussie.

Probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but Cluff has been a low key beast. Blocks, tip backs, defense, boards, and scores enough the defense needs to account for him. He went for 8 & 12 w/ 3 blocks and 3 steals. That doesn't account for changing shots and the times he kept possessions alive. Good feel and IQ from the Aussie.
Plus he is such a good and willing passer.

An uneven effort in the first half but really good D in the 2nd half. After Rice ran off 8 points in a row mid way through the 2nd half it felt like we had control of the game but certainly not before that. Stanford is a dangerous team with some very good shooters. One of the interesting things about this team in the last 6 weeks has been how steady they have been down the stretch in games with the exception of the game against Cal on the road. I think the Cougs have been a very underrated team but people are beginning to notice. Nice win.
Go Cougs

His little Kareem sky hook is deadly too. Tough shot to get a piece of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT