ADVERTISEMENT

New article out

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
On other Board s twitter. it is worth mentioning as Kent raves about Malachi Flynn.Kent says he is as good as his past Stars at Oregon. Also is high on Pollard,that is high praise. I guess ,one wonders if he is just hyping to build up enthusiasm ?or does he really believe that? Most fans here probably do not believe it as they have soundly criticized his recruiting efforts. I liked both of these perhaps under recruited players. Kent also states that he has some early commitments ,whom he cannot talk about at this time. it is just an update.

I have been a critic but Flynn looks like he has the best potential at PG we have seen in a long time. I am still concerned about the defensive end but in the little I have seen from him he seems to have a nice feel for the game. You just never know how a players game translates to a conference like the Pac 12.

There hasn't been too much talk about Acquaah so I am wondering whether he is healthy enough to go this year. Maybe he has to take a medical redshirt?

Pollard looks like a solid player. He probably isn't going to score like a Hawkinson but hopefully a solid 4 on both ends of the floor.

Ergas/Chodin look like good risks to take as projects.

We are picked last place and I don't see a whole lot of reasons why we should be picked any higher. I just hope we are at least good enough to make teams work a lot harder to beat us this year.

Pollard will give 110 % every game on both ends of the floor. He will improve from game to game and year to year.He will be a fan favorite before long.

I see pollard a bit in the mold of a poor mans Cowgill. Not quite as long and quick but big enough and a smart guy. Nobody gives them any chance this year but that may not be a bad thing.

On other Board s twitter. it is worth mentioning as Kent raves about Malachi Flynn.Kent says he is as good as his past Stars at Oregon. Also is high on Pollard,that is high praise. I guess ,one wonders if he is just hyping to build up enthusiasm ?or does he really believe that? Most fans here probably do not believe it as they have soundly criticized his recruiting efforts. I liked both of these perhaps under recruited players. Kent also states that he has some early commitments ,whom he cannot talk about at this time. it is just an update.

The only commitment we know of is the JUCO shooting guard Kwinton Hinson. I wonder how many other players are committed and if they are still the under the radar types that Kent has been recruiting so far?

I see pollard a bit in the mold of a poor mans Cowgill. Not quite as long and quick but big enough and a smart guy. Nobody gives them any chance this year but that may not be a bad thing.
A lot more size if his listed 240 is accurate but probably a good comparison point. I do like bigs with good smarts.

He is listed at 6 9 240 which is a good size for a PF.He states that he grew to 6 9 during his year in prep school. He is an ultimate team player which is hard to find these days.He is athletic enough ,and runs the court very well.

This all sounds like the typical EK hype we have seen before. The type of recruits he has brought in so far are not going to get out of the basement in the Pac-12. 1-17 type seasons might be the typical for this program. EK does not have the talent to run "his style" of offense and be successful in this league.

Flynn may indeed end up being a very good player but to say that he is better than Luke Ridnour or Aaron Brooks at the same point in their career is fairly bold talk...even for Ernie. Ridnour was a Parade and McDonald's HS All-American who had a wide choice of colleges to pick from. Brooks was listed as the #4 point guard in the nation coming out of high school, and 30th overall best player in the nation. EK's hype machine is legendary.

Glad Cougar

Well ,lets hope it just is not just hype.The HS tapes of Flynn are very good. One wondered about the quality of his competition after reviewing the tapes. One wonders if his athleticism is equal to the demands of PAC 12 ball. His skill set is very good and he is an amazing shooter. However,he will have had to up his game several notches to do well in D 1 ball. I hope that he is equal to the task.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT