ADVERTISEMENT

Nice story on Borghi by Denver Post

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
As expected, the DP thoroughly covered Borghi's return to Colorado

Story: https://www.denverpost.com/2018/11/10/washington-state-max-borghi-making-national-name/

DrrxQ9TVAAIrdI6.jpg

Borghi is such a great addition to this team! Love our rob combo of him & Williams!

Watched Borghi's interview. Given that he was the one that decommitted from CU, I wouldn't expect him to have as much of a chip on his shoulder as he does. It was obvious that Colorado really pissed him off when they took him for granted and didn't take the time to properly recruit him.

According to recruiting analysts I talked to, Colorado is to blame for Borghi decommitting. The Buffs recruited him as a RB, and that's the position MB wanted to play. But CU kept recruiting RBs and soon got another RB commitment. When that happened, the CU coaches told Borghi they wanted him to move to WR. Borghi said no and soon decommitted.

Reactions: taf88 and Coug1990
According to recruiting analysts I talked to, Colorado is to blame for Borghi decommitting. The Buffs recruited him as a RB, and that's the position MB wanted to play. But CU kept recruiting RBs and soon got another RB commitment. When that happened, the CU coaches told Borghi they wanted him to move to WR. Borghi said no and soon decommitted.
Thanks for the info. Their loss is our gain.

That last quote from Leach is so great. A stark contrast from a certain other coach who couldn't wait to shout from the mountaintops the shortcomings of his young players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT