ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Collective Funding

425cougfan

Hall Of Fame
Apr 23, 2011
I don't know that I trust the numbers here--these are some kinds of estimates based on historical booster support, not actual, hard collections data, since nobody has access to it--but I would expect them to be directionally accurate. Oregon State is second-to-last among P5 schools, which for this purpose included the two current members of the Pac-12. WSU is one spot better. I'm dubious that WSU actually has received the estimated $3.2 million in collective funding.

Mainly just for fun and a reminder of where WSU likely stands.

I don't know that I trust the numbers here--these are some kinds of estimates based on historical booster support, not actual, hard collections data, since nobody has access to it--but I would expect them to be directionally accurate. Oregon State is second-to-last among P5 schools, which for this purpose included the two current members of the Pac-12. WSU is one spot better. I'm dubious that WSU actually has received the estimated $3.2 million in collective funding.

Mainly just for fun and a reminder of where WSU likely stands.

The word "estimated" tells the whole story. Nothing factual. Nothing official, and isn't it just a coincidence that all bottom schools are similar in public image and perception?

I think this is just someone's estimate, and many of these number are far from the reality or truth.

The word "estimated" tells the whole story. Nothing factual. Nothing official, and isn't it just a coincidence that all bottom schools are similar in public image and perception?

I think this is just someone's estimate, and many of these number are far from the reality or truth.
Yeah. Just read the "Methodology". 16% of the total of ticket sales+contributions? Talk about pulling numbers out of your ass.

Which sort of begs the question of how the F the NCAA let it get this far - you open the barn door without requiring any reporting? Seems like the IRS might want to audit these collectives and make sure the athletes got 1099's for their "earnings". And sorry, my tax knowledge is getting rusty, but these collectives are non-profits, correct? Then they have to prepare tax returns - strike that - they would have to either way.

Reactions: M-I-Coug

I agree on your take. That said, I wouldn’t bet against it belng more accurate than not, even if that is just a function of the assumption being reasonable, not any real analysis.

I agree on your take. That said, I wouldn’t bet against it belng more accurate than not, even if that is just a function of the assumption being reasonable, not any real analysis.
What about MY take? I am an accountant after all. I feel like Rodney (and the Cougs). No respect at all...... :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT