ADVERTISEMENT

NIL funding I can get behind

Hard to tell from the Cougar Collectve website if Pike Brewing is part of it or owned by Cougs. Anyone know? If I see it will probably try it even though I'm not a lager guy, but get it. That said Pike and "Rolling hills of the Palouse" bring up different much images.

It’s about time someone thought of this. Create a way that Cougs can support athletics by drinking beer. We’ll make the Big 10 TV contract look like chump change.

I’ve had some Pike brews. Not bad. This one doesn’t seem to be on the website yet though.

Edit: I should have known better. It’s only going to be available in Bellingham, Kirkland, Redmond, Seattle, and Spokane. Another good idea undermined by half-assed planning & distribution. How the hell do you make a promotion like this and only have 8 outlets where it’s available, including none in Pullman?

Edit: I should have known better. It’s only going to be available in Bellingham, Kirkland, Redmond, Seattle, and Spokane. Another good idea undermined by half-assed planning & distribution. How the hell do you make a promotion like this and only have 8 outlets where it’s available, including none in Pullman?
Overall I think it's a great idea. This is just flat out coug'in it though.

This has to be a combination of Busch Light and Keystone repackaged…like Costco does with Grey Goose for their Kirkland vodka.

This has to be a combination of Busch Light and Keystone repackaged…like Costco does with Grey Goose for their Kirkland vodka.
I don’t think it’ll be that bad. Pike doesn’t have any lagers on their current menu, but I’m pretty sure it was them that had a San Juan lager a few years back. A lot of their beers are too hoppy for my taste, but the lager went really well with a burger.

If I can find it somewhere, I’ll try it. If it’s decent I’ll make it a gameday standard.

And most likely I’ll question why they don’t have it in the stadium. It’s mystifying why both things that a virtually guaranteed to sell to Coug fans (beer and Ferdinand’s) are not available where the largest congregations of such fans occur.

I don’t think it’ll be that bad. Pike doesn’t have any lagers on their current menu, but I’m pretty sure it was them that had a San Juan lager a few years back. A lot of their beers are too hoppy for my taste, but the lager went really well with a burger.

If I can find it somewhere, I’ll try it. If it’s decent I’ll make it a gameday standard.

And most likely I’ll question why they don’t have it in the stadium. It’s mystifying why both things that a virtually guaranteed to sell to Coug fans (beer and Ferdinand’s) are not available where the largest congregations of such fans occur.
Lots of questions to be answered. Let's first hope that it tastes good. Then the big question - how much is this "portion" that will go to NIL?

Lots of questions to be answered. Let's first hope that it tastes good. Then the big question - how much is this "portion" that will go to NIL?
Is it .05 or .10 per 12 oz. ( or what) I would love to calculate my contribution. Does Pike have a sales force? Shelf space for beers is intense

Is it .05 or .10 per 12 oz. ( or what) I would love to calculate my contribution. Does Pike have a sales force? Shelf space for beers is intense
They should contribute the alcohol percentage. Have a stout, charge a little more and contribute 9%.

It’s about time someone thought of this. Create a way that Cougs can support athletics by drinking beer. We’ll make the Big 10 TV contract look like chump change.

I’ve had some Pike brews. Not bad. This one doesn’t seem to be on the website yet though.

I read it was going to be keg-only first? And then maybe by the Fall it will have wider distribution? I could be completely off-base.

That said, if it's only going to be local in certain areas, big whiff. Go national, baby.

I read it was going to be keg-only first? And then maybe by the Fall it will have wider distribution? I could be completely off-base.

That said, if it's only going to be local in certain areas, big whiff. Go national, baby.
What is/was that beer that was sort of red in color? That's what this Coug beer needs to look like.

What is/was that beer that was sort of red in color? That's what this Coug beer needs to look like.
Probably some type of red ale (American Amber?). I'm not super deep in the micro-brewery/beer knowledge, so I'm probably the worst resource on that, ha!

Agree, the color should have some crimson.

Probably some type of red ale (American Amber?). I'm not super deep in the micro-brewery/beer knowledge, so I'm probably the worst resource on that, ha!

Speaking of Pullman beers anyone had the huckleberry pucker? Love that stuff.

Apparently, according to my exhaustive internet research, all beer should be red.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth

Some ambers are slightly reddish. Maybe some of the darker lagers too.

Unfortunately, my experience has been that American lagers tend toward bland, and an awful lot of them seem to use Budweiser as their target flavor. That's not a good thing.

My memory of Pike's previous lager is that it didn't do that, so I have some hope. However, their list of current brews is super heavy on IPAs, which I don't like either. I think I saw something that said it was 5.5% alcohol and 16 IBUs, so it's nowhere near IPA territory. Hopefully it still has some flavor though.

Red Ale would of been cool.

Still would of rather had a brewery that has a east side or more neutral name the "Pike". In any of the write up I don't see that Pike is Coug own, much less part of the Collective. Can't believe they were the only micro willing to do this.

The fact the it available in the Seattle area and working it way to Spokane with no dates to Pullman is a fail.

Still cool idea. If I seenit I will give it a try.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT