ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU Secondary

Brent H.

Hall Of Fame
Aug 13, 2001
They are starting 5 freshman, one who is a true on Saturday. I was really surprised to see us favored by 31.5, now not so much.

NMSU is one of the worst teams in FBS. Teams were able to run at will against the Aggies last year and they balanced this against not being able to stop teams who threw the ball. I don't think they have a single player who would crack our two deeps.

We only run into problems if our offense decides to free lance rather than execute. I'd expect us to hang at least 50 and I don't see NMST scoring 20.

The NMSU secondary shouldn’t be able to keep up. However they are very veteran in the back half.

Since NMSU is about equal to the team that Wulf, WSU scored 64 against, if WSU doesnt score 50+, while holding NMSU to 3 to 9 to 16 points, then WSU could be in trouble, for the rest of the season.

Leach, WSU should score 50+ to 69+ on NMSU, while holding NMSU to about 3 to 6 to 9.

It is pretty silly to decide that if you don't score 50 in the first game you could be in trouble. A football season isn't a perfect linear progression from start to finish.
He didn't say 50, he said 50+ to 69+....
One must read miks post very carefully, grasshopper.

Reactions: Fab5Coug and walzuu
It is pretty silly to decide that if you don't score 50 in the first game you could be in trouble. A football season isn't a perfect linear progression from start to finish.

You missed the point.

IF LEACH, WSU CANT EITHER DO ALMOST AS GOOD TO AS GOOD OR BETTER THEN 6 TO 9-40 WULF DID VS A EXTREMELY SIMILAR, AS GOOD, EQUAL, ETC OPPONENT, YOU MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE, COULD COULD COULD BE IN TROUBLE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

You missed the point.

IF LEACH, WSU CANT EITHER DO ALMOST AS GOOD TO AS GOOD OR BETTER THEN 6 TO 9-40 WULF DID VS A EXTREMELY SIMILAR, AS GOOD, EQUAL, ETC OPPONENT, YOU MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE, COULD COULD COULD BE IN TROUBLE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

So if WSU only scored, won 20 to 19, etc, instead of 50+ to 17 or under, they maybe, could be in trouble for rest of season.

Since Paul Wulf beat a comparable team to NMSU by a score of about 64 to 20, in about 2008, 2009, when they had USC put 69 on Wulf, WSU, etc.

If Leach, WSU cant at least do amost as good as that, equal to that, better then that, etc, against a comparable to that NMSU team, then its reasonable, that WSU MAYBE MAYBE, COULD COULD be in trouble for the rest of the season.

That doesnt mean that they would be in trouble for rest of season, only that there would be reasonable chance.

If Leach cant do as good as Wulf did vs a NMSU, when USC put 69 on Wulf, WSU, and wins by a score of under 29, and only by 3 to 13 points, etc

Then WSU could easily, semi probably get beat by Oregon, Cal, Utah, UW, Houston, Stanford, UCLA, and only win 5,6 games

You missed the point.

K time to disable caps

So if WSU only scored, won 20 to 19, etc, instead of 50+ to 17 or under, they maybe, could be in trouble for rest of season.

Since Paul Wulf beat a comparable team to NMSU by a score of about 64 to 20, in about 2008, 2009, when they had USC put 69 on Wulf, WSU, etc.

If Leach cant do as good as Wulf did vs a NMSU, when USC put 69 on Wulf, WSU, and wins by a score of under 29, and only by 3 to 13 points, etc

Then WSU could easily, semi probably get beat by Oregon, Cal, Utah, UW, Houston, Stanford, UCLA, and only win 5,6 games
WSU and Paul Wulff never put up 64 points on anybody in 2008 (or 2009 for that matter)

They had a game where they put up 48 and had two QBs with broken necks.

Sounds like somebody needs to watch a 2008 highlight film and curl up in front of a fire (a fire in a garbage dumpter will do) and read THE PLAN.

Here is the CMB's halftime performance just after Pete Carroll's team took a knee at the end of the first half in the 2008 Possum Bowl.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif

For a second I thought you were slapping me around. Then I realized if ignore spared me yet again.

It should go without saying that we won't learn a thing about this year's team based on the final score. Cougs could win by 100 and I'm not going to change my feeling on the team. Our opponent is completely outclassed in talent. The biggest danger we face is similar to SJSU last year: we get up big, lose focus and see a sloppy second half. Injuries are the biggest concern in this game.

WSU and Paul Wulff never put up 64 points on anybody in 2008 (or 2009 for that matter)

Sounds like somebody needs to watch a 2008 highlight film and curl up in front of a fire (a fire in a garbage dumpter will do) and read THE PLAN.

Here is the CMB's halftime performance just after Pete Carroll's team took a knee at the end of the first half in the 2008 Possum Bowl.

It's only 2008, but that video looks ancient!

You missed the point.

We got your point, it's just not a good one.

Reactions: etowncoug

Not to mention games like this. Could easily see WSU get up by 30 at half, then coast to a 40-10'ish type win.

We've seen it before. We didn't completely annihilate SJSU last year. Same with Montana St the year prior.

I might probably have gotten the year wrong.

Wulf did put up about.64 points vs a NMSU type team. Think it was Idaho St, etc.

Again the POINT IS IF THIS YEAR''S LEACH, WSU TEAM CANT SCORE AS MUCH AS WULF'S WSU TEAM DID VS A NMSU TYPE TEAM, WHETHER THATS 48 POINTS OR 64 POINTS, THEN WSU COULD COULD MAYBE MAYBE BE IN TROUBLE

I assume he means the 60-something to 20-something win we had over Idaho St in 2011. We also hung almost 60 on UNLV that year.

I would say I don't know what that has to do with 2019 Cougar football, but I know exactly what it has to do with 2019 Cougar football. Absolutely nothing.

I might probably have gotten the year wrong.

Wulf did put up about.64 points vs a NMSU type team. Think it was Idaho St, etc.

Again the POINT IS IF THIS YEAR''S LEACH, WSU TEAM CANT SCORE AS MUCH AS WULF'S WSU TEAM DID VS A NMSU TYPE TEAM, WHETHER THATS 48 POINTS OR 64 POINTS, THEN WSU COULD COULD MAYBE MAYBE BE IN TROUBLE

Was this the case last year when we "only" beat SJSU 31-0? Or the year prior when we "only" beat Montana St 31-0? Or does it only apply now that you've thought of it?

What an odd and arbitrary comparison to make.

I assume he means the 60-something to 20-something win we had over Idaho St in 2011. We also hung almost 60 on UNLV that year.

I would say I don't know what that has to do with 2019 Cougar football, but I know exactly what it has to do with 2019 Cougar football. Absolutely nothing.

Those Wulff teams knew Idaho St and UNLV were there best opportunities to boat race someone in their college career. Leach's 2019 team is focused on a top 10 finish with a chance at winning the conference. I don't expect Anthony Gordon to play with the flu and dive collarbone first toward the endzone. We don't have anything to prove on Saturday.

This group showed more activity than the team that day....

Reactions: CPtheCoug
For a second I thought you were slapping me around. Then I realized if ignore spared me yet again.

It should go without saying that we won't learn a thing about this year's team based on the final score. Cougs could win by 100 and I'm not going to change my feeling on the team. Our opponent is completely outclassed in talent. The biggest danger we face is similar to SJSU last year: we get up big, lose focus and see a sloppy second half. Injuries are the biggest concern in this game.
Damn... this thread tricked me into showing ignored content. WHAT A MISTAKE!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT