ADVERTISEMENT

No word on Leger-Walker?

I can't think of a more devastating injury including Guy Williams. With Williams it killed his career which was of course brutal. However we didn't really take off until after his injury. With CL-W, it's her final year, looking at a 4th consecutive Tournament, team just knocked off #2 in Pauly.

I think we still manage to get to the Tournament, but getting Tuhina healthy is key. That and maybe Wallack becoming this teams "Craig Ehlo" (impact not position).

I can't think of a more devastating injury including Guy Williams. With Williams it killed his career which was of course brutal. However we didn't really take off until after his injury. With CL-W, it's her final year, looking at a 4th consecutive Tournament, team just knocked off #2 in Pauly.

I think we still manage to get to the Tournament, but getting Tuhina healthy is key. That and maybe Wallack becoming this teams "Craig Ehlo" (impact not position).
Not so fast? According to Brand X, Leger-Walker could come back next year (Covid eligibility, whatever). Won't link due to Board protocol, but worth a read. WNBA draft in April, season runs May-October, most or all of which she would miss. Begs the question of who and how much the WNBA pay for that year at this point? As opposed to her coming back to WSU and showing she has recovered. Much as I hate it, NIL dollars please?

Not so fast? According to Brand X, Leger-Walker could come back next year (Covid eligibility, whatever). Won't link due to Board protocol, but worth a read. WNBA draft in April, season runs May-October, most or all of which she would miss. Begs the question of who and how much the WNBA pay for that year at this point? As opposed to her coming back to WSU and showing she has recovered. Much as I hate it, NIL dollars please?
Yeah, her first season was 2020 so she has the extra year. I would assume her chances took a huge dive if she was thinking WNBA. They only have 36 picks and 144 roster spots.

I'm more bummed about the injury and the impact to her and this years team. Would obviously like to see her back, but about the worst scenario possible.

Craig Ehlo???? The kid busted his arse and turned himself into an NBA player, but all that happened AFTER the season. Notwithstanding his great game against the UW to close Pac-10 play, his play as a Coug was to say the least, underwhelming. He was a guard who turnovers to assists was nearly 1 to 1, 197 to 167, and was the reason Guy was pressed into duty bring the ball upcourt, because he proved to be a ball handling liability. Ricky Brown was the kid who really stepped up his game post Guy. The two greatest myth in Cougar sports history are that he and Drew Bledsoe played well at WSU, simply because the played pro.

Craig Ehlo???? The kid busted his arse and turned himself into an NBA player, but all that happened AFTER the season. Notwithstanding his great game against the UW to close Pac-10 play, his play as a Coug was to say the least, underwhelming. He was a guard who turnovers to assists was nearly 1 to 1, 197 to 167, and was the reason Guy was pressed into duty bring the ball upcourt, because he proved to be a ball handling liability. Ricky Brown was the kid who really stepped up his game post Guy. The two greatest myth in Cougar sports history are that he and Drew Bledsoe played well at WSU, simply because the played pro.
I think George finally turned Ehlo loose. He sort of was positionless. But that team had some players who could run and George wanted to play half court and run his wheel offense.

George drove me nuts at times, but in the end I did end up saddened he left for Iowa. I wonder if he ever regretted leaving Pullman.

Back to Ehlo...he played well in spurts and seemed to be moments when they needed it.

But you are correct, simply looking at stats he was Drew Bledsoe.

I think George finally turned Ehlo loose. He sort of was positionless. But that team had some players who could run and George wanted to play half court and run his wheel offense.

George drove me nuts at times, but in the end I did end up saddened he left for Iowa. I wonder if he ever regretted leaving Pullman.

Back to Ehlo...he played well in spurts and seemed to be moments when they needed it.

But you are correct, simply looking at stats he was Drew Bledsoe.
Different era, no three point shot, no shot clock, jump balls--defense, possession and shot selection was key. George's too often, too early, decisions to "hold the ball," killed me. The basketball's version of the prevent defense.

Ehlo was always stout on defense, I just wish he had worked on his ball handling before the 1982-83 season, not after. Guy would have likely been on the floor against UVa had Ehlo not been a disaster handling the ball in the back court. That's my beef.

Yeah so, did not think a Craig Ehlo reference would trigger the kind of responses it seemed to. Appreciate the perspective though. IMO, Williams best spot was the point but he could play anywhere he wanted to when it came down to it. I personally still blame s*** Mac Court for the injury more than using Williams at a spot he was most utilized.

For the women, it's probably not 1 player whether the reference is Ehlo, Brown, or Harriel. It's a challenge when you lose a player that demanded a gameplan. Definitely need Tuhina to get back up to full speed.

Last edited:
Yeah so, did not think a Craig Ehlo reference would trigger the kind of responses it seemed to. Appreciate the perspective though. IMO, Williams best spot was the point but he could play anywhere he wanted to when it came down to it. I personally still blame s*** Mac Court for the injury more than using Williams at a spot he was most utilized.

For the women, it's probably not 1 player whether the reference is Ehlo, Brown, or Harriel. It's a challenge when you lose a player that demanded a gameplan. Definitely need Tuhina to get back up to full speed.
The discussion regarding Bledsoe is ridiculous as well. For his era, Bledsoe was top 10 in most passing categories his last year. If he had redshirted and then stayed for his senior year, he likely would have taken the Cougars to three bowl games. People keep on trying compare what he did to the passing attacks of today. The passing game has evolved so much over the years.

The discussion regarding Bledsoe is ridiculous as well. For his era, Bledsoe was top 10 in most passing categories his last year. If he had redshirted and then stayed for his senior year, he likely would have taken the Cougars to three bowl games. People keep on trying compare what he did to the passing attacks of today. The passing game has evolved so much over the years.
Man some of you guys have memories a lot better than mine. I remember Ehlo playing, but that was a long time ago. And it seemed like we did a lot of run and gun back then.

Regarding Bledsoe, The Snow Bowl and the Copper Bowl cemented him for the NFL. His arm was unparalleled back then. Good, quality guy too.

Man some of you guys have memories a lot better than mine. I remember Ehlo playing, but that was a long time ago. And it seemed like we did a lot of run and gun back then.

Regarding Bledsoe, The Snow Bowl and the Copper Bowl cemented him for the NFL. His arm was unparalleled back then. Good, quality guy too.
Look at it this way, Bledsoe finished 8th in the nation in passing yards his last season at WSU with 2770 yards. This past season, that would be good for 47th place in passing yards. For his era, Bledsoe was very good at WSU.

Please, going into the Apple Cup in 1992, Drew had thrown as many Ints as TD, his pass efficiency rating was 123 even after his fantastic Apple Cup play. Chad Davis, generally considered amongst the worst QBs in WSU history had a 118 pass efficiency rating 1994. Forgotten Timm Rosenbach had a pass efficiency rating on 162 in 1988. In 1989 Garcia had a pass efficiency rating of 139, Gossen 164. Rypien in 1985 had a pass efficiency rating of 133. Ed Friggen Blount had a pass efficiency rating of 127.5 in 1986. Pattinson in 1993 had a pass efficiency rating of 124, Leaf had a pass efficiency rating of 161 in 1997, 127.5 during his struggle year in 1996. Gesser 142 and 146. Very talented yes, but even among his era peers, Drew play was downright underwhelming.

Those are cold hard facts. Sometime memories don't align with reality.

Please, going into the Apple Cup in 1992, Drew had thrown as many Ints as TD, his pass efficiency rating was 123 even after his fantastic Apple Cup play. Chad Davis, generally considered amongst the worst QBs in WSU history had a 118 pass efficiency rating 1994. Forgotten Timm Rosenbach had a pass efficiency rating on 162 in 1988. In 1989 Garcia had a pass efficiency rating of 139, Gossen 164. Rypien in 1985 had a pass efficiency rating of 133. Ed Friggen Blount had a pass efficiency rating of 127.5 in 1986. Pattinson in 1993 had a pass efficiency rating of 124, Leaf had a pass efficiency rating of 161 in 1997, 127.5 during his struggle year in 1996. Gesser 142 and 146. Very talented yes, but even among his era peers, Drew play was downright underwhelming.

That you use Davis's passer rating in your argument to say he was close to Drew just says your entire argument is a joke. If Drew had been QB in 1994, WSU goes undefeated. If Davis was QB in 1992, WSU does not go to a bowl. Blount had 2087 yards throwing in four years. You are not comparing the same thing at all. Even WSU's spread under Price got better as he became a better coach and evolved the offense. Stats across era's are just not good at comparing them. I hope you never get the chance to tell Coach Price to his face that Bledsoe was a mediocre college QB, as he would literally die laughing.

I dunno. Pac-10 offensive player of the year, #1 draft choice, somebody thought he was pretty good.

That you use Davis's passer rating in your argument to say he was close to Drew just says your entire argument is a joke. If Drew had been QB in 1994, WSU goes undefeated. If Davis was QB in 1992, WSU does not go to a bowl. Blount had 2087 yards throwing in four years. You are not comparing the same thing at all. Even WSU's spread under Price got better as he became a better coach and evolved the offense. Stats across era's are just not good at comparing them. I hope you never get the chance to tell Coach Price to his face that Bledsoe was a mediocre college QB, as he would literally die laughing.
What a load of horse shit. That 1992 team was so good you needed a QB with Bledsoe low 120 QBR or less to keep the team out of the Rose Bowl. With "the Posse" on defense, all you needed was a QBR in the 130s and he couldn't do it, even with a 1300 yard RB taking the pressure off the passing game. Gesser Rose Bowl, Rosie Rose Bowl, Leaf Rose Bowl, Minshew Rose Bowl.

I reference Davis just to show how mediocre Bledsoe's play actually was. 5 pts better than an universally regarded bad QB. Stats from across eras? You are grabbing at straws. I compare him to QB who played in the same friggin era, including Davis.

Bledsoe could make all the throws, his biggest problem he just didn't make them. Had he played remotely like he did against the UW, during the first 10 games, we wouldn't have lost a game. That was the #4 team in the country we owned, when he started to play well.

What a load of horse shit. That 1992 team was so good you needed a QB with Bledsoe low 120 QBR or less to keep the team out of the Rose Bowl. With "the Posse" on defense, all you needed was a QBR in the 130s and he couldn't do it, even with a 1300 yard RB taking the pressure off the passing game. Gesser Rose Bowl, Rosie Rose Bowl, Leaf Rose Bowl, Minshew Rose Bowl.

I reference Davis just to show how mediocre Bledsoe's play actually was. 5 pts better than an universally regarded bad QB. Stats from across eras? You are grabbing at straws. I compare him to QB who played in the same friggin era, including Davis.

Bledsoe could make all the throws, his biggest problem he just didn't make them. Had he played remotely like he did against the UW, during the first 10 games, we wouldn't have lost a game. That was the #4 team in the country we owned, when he started to play well.
I think Bledsoe was a good player , but his mark was made in the Apple Cup . If Bledsoe redshirted, if Bledsoe played in 93 or 94…. I get he would have been better . But 16 td’s…. 1.6 per game for 10 games… 13 tds or 1.3 for 10 games is pretty average . You don’t win games by using the stat of 2771 passing yards .

Watch Lead his Freshman year and look at Bledsoe his junior year and watch Bledoes feet. He got nervous in the pocket. Lead was calm as a cucumber .

I'm thinking an "All-time overrated" Coug thread might be even more divisive than the many political threads.

Um, the Palouse Posse moniker was coined in 1994. Yes some of those guys were on the 1992 team (Sasa and Eaton in particular).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT