ADVERTISEMENT

Not Pictured: “Lost Innocence”

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

You think WSU will hire another FCS coach without a deep coaching tree to pump new life into a program that had been on the down slide for three years and recruited horribly? I don't think they would repeat that history. Personally I wish Floyd Sterk and Moos would have opted to go in another direction. Someone who has proven to win at WSU...like Mike Price.

It's Paul Wulff's birthday (2-25).

Time to wonder "what if" those verbals didn't get poached, Doba's players didn't rebel, Tuel didn't selfishly put himself into Idaho State game, if the Pac 10/12 officials could actually see and if WSU didn't schedule those Seattle games.

He was doubling his win total every year when he was fired.

The fact that you know the date of Paul Wulff's birthday is beyond weird. Hope you had a nice celebration.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
The excuse always used, "But this is different in this way or that way."

And that is why history ALWAYS repeats itself. Like children, if we tweak it just a little here, just a little there, it isn't the same, right dad?!

And that is why history ALWAYS repeats itself. Like children, if we tweak it just a little here, just a little there, it isn't the same, right dad?!

With a new facility, new leadership in the Athletic department why would anyone assume you would hand over the keys to an FCS coach to do a major rebuild? Sterk, Floyd, and Moos are no longer making the decisions. And with the Pac 12 money they can be competitive with some of the mid level teams in the Pac 12 when it comes to coaches salaries, so I am not sure why they would travel down that road again.

Correct. We've already seen complaints about how much we were paying Leach when he wasn't winning Apple Cups. The upgrades in facilities and the program being left in good shape have folks entertaining thoughts that Wulff era results are a thing of the past. Our upgrades aren't in a vacuum. Ever other college in America is making similar improvements.

Look at the basketball program of the past 40 years if you want an indication for how quickly things can go south. Raveling, Sampson, and Bennett are/were hall of fame coaches and none of them were able to build the program to a point where a good coach could maintain success.

If Rolovich is able to maintain the level of success Leach was able to build, something no coach in school history has been able to do, I'll relax my fears on the next coaching transition. For now, I wish him luck and realize this is one of the toughest jobs in the P5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT