ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic: good low-key place to grab dinner in Kennewick

Since this site glories in pulling off topic, I'll take a turn and bring up 70's Pullman/Moscow restaurants.

I had my first chimichanga at Alex's in Pullman. Good place. And the 3 story house that was a restaurant; was it called Seasons?; was where I nailed down my job during the second interview in January of my senior year. That was a very nice place. The senior interviewer (who ended up being one of two from whom I learned the most in my career) slipped on the iced sidewalk as we walked crosstown and landed hard on his butt. He told that story a dozen times over the years. He grew up in Chicago but said that Pullman had the slipperiest sidewalks.

Moscow had Biscuitroot Park...very nice restaurant. I ended up sitting at adjacent tables with Ravelling there twice (not bad, since I was only there maybe 4 times!). Highlight of my WSU celebrity experience :))).

There was also an excellent place in Troy and another in Palouse.

There were a lot of good food choices that I'd still consider to be upper level today, if they were still around in that format.

Alex’s had food?!?

I have fond remembrances of Benson Bombers.

Last edited:
The issue with evaluating food in big cities in general is there are plenty of restaurants that have food that is “4-5 star” but bad service or general lack of 5 start accommodations IE look/cleanliness/ease of access. South Tacoma way has some of the best Korean/Japanese and Chinese food I’ve had on the west side of Washington, but the areas isn’t pretty and they sure don’t have 5 stars on Yelp. Pretty much anywhere where multiple cultures mix and live you find the best food, but maybe not the highest rated restaurants. MSM deli takes an hour to get a sandwich it’s so popular, and it looks like a gas station that’s been out of business for 15 years.
I just ate at a scary dump by the PHX airport yesterday. Bars over the windows, busy highway, junkies yelling and pushing carts down buckled sidewalks in monsoon rain.

It was some of the best and most authentic Mexican street food I've ever had. Took great care of the interior, great service, great hot sauces, and had pride in the place and what they made - just didn't have the $$$ to buy out the old Ruth's Chris spot...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT