ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, who's going to the CAL game?

CPtheCoug

Head Coach
Jan 16, 2014
Roundtrip flight tickets out of the Seattle area have been pretty cheap the last few months. I'm sure they've increased this week though. I was able to snag $142 non-stop Delta tickets into SFO.

CAL Memorial Stadium has been on my bucket list for some time now! Should be a great game where the Cougs kick ass and don't falter.

Who's all going to be down there? Is there an alumni tailgate or bar party pregame?

Reactions: M-I-Coug
I looked into it, but airfare was $600 RT from Seattle. That's a great deal you got. (I was just looking at Alaska and SWA). I'll have to check Delta, however it's now Tuesday.

Just popped over to Delta. You got a screaming deal. It's now $542.

Last edited:
I looked into it, but airfare was $600 RT from Seattle. That's a great deal you got. (I was just looking at Alaska and SWA). I'll have to check Delta, however it's now Tuesday.

Yeah I use Google Flights tracker function. When the schedule was released earlier this year I penciled in this CAL weekend and selected a few flight combos to track. When the price dropped below $200 Google sent me an email, then i pulled the trigger.

Google flights has literally changed the way I travel.

Wow. We all "don't know what we don't know". Meaning we're all ignorant until informed. Thanks for informing me about Google Flights. Very cool, especially if you put the Tracker on radar months in advance.

Informed and inspired. Thanks and you get credit.

Wow. We all "don't know what we don't know". Meaning we're all ignorant until informed. Thanks for informing me about Google Flights. Very cool, especially if you put the Tracker on radar months in advance.

Informed and inspired. Thanks and you get credit.

FYI sometimes a price chart appears right away when you place a tracker on a flight. If not, wait about a week. Eventually you'll see a little line graph chart which will show you the ups and downs of the flight cost as it shifts.

I went to Europe earlier this year (April). June 2016 I placed a tracker for a non-stop Seattle to London flight, then a non-stop Amsterdam to Seattle return flight. The tracker (over the months) showed an average price of about $1,200 for that combo.... then in early October 2016 my email buzzed and google alerted me that the price combo dropped from $1,200 down to $640..... annnnnnd thats how I afforded going to Europe with my Fiance.

Deals are out there my friend.

Going to have to deep dive into Google Flights...

I was looking into going - lots of friends are meeting up but couldn't swing the time. Flights from SEA and PDA I saw under $100 RT. Insane.

Enjoy man!

Reactions: CPtheCoug
FYI sometimes a price chart appears right away when you place a tracker on a flight. If not, wait about a week. Eventually you'll see a little line graph chart which will show you the ups and downs of the flight cost as it shifts.

I went to Europe earlier this year (April). June 2016 I placed a tracker for a non-stop Seattle to London flight, then a non-stop Amsterdam to Seattle return flight. The tracker (over the months) showed an average price of about $1,200 for that combo.... then in early October 2016 my email buzzed and google alerted me that the price combo dropped from $1,200 down to $640..... annnnnnd thats how I afforded going to Europe with my Fiance.

Deals are out there my friend.
Thanks for that. Good tip and killer price to Europe. Congrats on the new life/wife!

Question. Google Flights app is requiring me to add my credit card. Is this essential to use the app. I know they won't charge until used, but in order to use the tool, do I need to update my cc?

Thanks for that. Good tip and killer price to Europe. Congrats on the new life/wife!

Question. Google Flights app is requiring me to add my credit card. Is this essential to use the app. I know they won't charge until used, but in order to use the tool, do I need to update my cc?

It should NOT require a credit card. For computer use, use this link: https://www.google.com/flights/.

It could be different on your phone, but I always just use my laptop/computer to search for flights and it has never asked me for a credit card.

When you are ready to purchase your flight combo and you have your desired outgoing/return flight selected on google flights, there should be a button at the bottom the page that says "Book with Delta" (if the airline is delta). Clicking that button will take you directly to Delta's website.

You will never buy through google, or any other travel website (such as orbitz or kayak).

It should NOT require a credit card. For computer use, use this link: https://www.google.com/flights/.

It could be different on your phone, but I always just use my laptop/computer to search for flights and it has never asked me for a credit card.

When you are ready to purchase your flight combo and you have your desired outgoing/return flight selected on google flights, there should be a button at the bottom the page that says "Book with Delta" (if the airline is delta). Clicking that button will take you directly to Delta's website.

You will never buy through google, or any other travel website (such as orbitz or kayak).
Thanks. Works great.

Reactions: CPtheCoug

try skiplagged.com

The jist is you buy a ticket to somewhere else that stops in SFO, but is much cheaper than a flight to SFO. A quick check - departing SEA Friday and returning Sun was $277.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT