ADVERTISEMENT

One idea to make the Sun Bowl more attractive...

You make a lot of assumptions that I never stated.

Children aren't "most at risk". I never said anything about the rest of your immunocompromised family or anyone else being disposable. What I said is that no matter what you do outside of putting yourself and everyone you know in isolation, there are no guarantees that you won't spread the virus. The lie that vaxxing prevents spreading has been burned deep into your psyche just like many other people, but it is simply proving to not be the case.

My argument revolves around acceptable risk and decisions that people have to make for themselves. I have no problem, per se, with what you doing what you feel is necessary to protect your family. My issue arises with you dictating to me how I assess the risk to me and my family and demanding that I do what you do because I might infect someone you know - knowingly or unknowingly - through six degrees of separation.

And please, I'd love to know king finger wagger, what decisions did UCLA make that resulted in them forfeiting their bowl game? You know, the team from the most locked down city in the most locked down state? Same question for the rest of the teams since you seem to have insight the rest of us don't.
Who is wagging their finger? If that is what you read I apologize for you reading it that way. I get what you have said...it is about acceptable risk to you and your family. That says it best. It is really simple to say. I really don't care about others, I assess the risk to me and my family. you don't need to go on about preemies, risk for kids etc., you are not in the sick or kill zone right now. I get it. and others not dying, whether it is one or 10 from covid. I do appreciate and respect that type of honesty. BTW, do you mind me asking do you have kids of your own?

LA is locked down right now? Interesting. And I didn't say UCLA made decisions., where did I write that? I said the bowls were canceled because of decisions people made.

Let's not forget to mention the WHO also came out and stated that the vaccine is the primary cause of the variants (I am paraphrasing for those who don't understand how these threads work).
This is almost certainly not true and if it is it should be real easy to provide the source is all I have to say about that!

Can I interpret your "Children. Aren't. Dying. From. Covid." to mean that they are dying at a level that doesn't personally concern you or that shouldn't be a concern overall nationally? Because, clearly by the metrics that we track causes of death, some are dying of covid. In fact more in the last 18 months than from the flu over the 2018,19, and 20 years combined.

Ed the mortality rate for Children for the ages of about 4 to about 13(they didn't track, test, study, etc, ages 3 and younger, and 14 to 17 at all or as much(14 to 17 are too much like an adult, and 3 and younger still have a lot of immune system strengthening left over anti bodies from Childbirth(Children in womb, and just born have ANTI BODIES that protect them 99.99% of time from 99.99% of diseases out there), is .004% OF 1%. That's about the same chance of getting hit by lightning.

So ED, Children are NOT dying of Covid about 99.99% of the time.

It sad when even 1 Child dies of things like sickle cell, Covid, etc, but you don't shut everyone,everything down, force multiple vaccinations, boosters, and whatever measures, over, to try to save 1 Child out of about 5 million to 50 million Children.

Ed the mortality rate for Children for the ages of about 4 to about 13(they didn't track, test, study, etc, ages 3 and younger, and 14 to 17 at all or as much(14 to 17 are too much like an adult, and 3 and younger still have a lot of immune system strengthening left over anti bodies from Childbirth(Children in womb, and just born have ANTI BODIES that protect them 99.99% of time from 99.99% of diseases out there), is .004% OF 1%. That's about the same chance of getting hit by lightning.

It sad when even 1 Child dies of things like sickle cell, Covid, etc, but you don't shut everyone,everything down, force multiple vaccinations, boosters, and whatever measures, over, to try to save 1 Child out of about 5 million to 50 million Children.

Is that what you tell the parents? It may be .1% but that child was 100% their entire world.

Sorry! You were 1 out of 5,000,000 to 50,000,000. Oh well.

For F sake mik … when it is your kid they aren’t 1% are they? Who the f is talking about shutting anythjng down at this point . I say let all the i vaxed people take their chances at this point . Don’t want to do two simple things.. mask abs vax then don’t . Just don’t take up valaubale hospital space . Live with that decision .

But to say covid only affects this 1/2 percent or that other half of a percent is plain f in stupid . Especially when there are measures to mitigate . I pointed four folks in my inidiate circle that covid can be very dangerous if they get it. And while
Anecdotal I am sure so many more have that looming . I simply say at this point tell me if you aren’t vaxed if we are at a small gathering let me know and stay home if you get covid and leave the hospitals open for others who have done what they could do to mitigate covid as best as possible.

Stuff will get shut down from the bottom up. We are seeing it at colleges, bars, and bowl games . That horse is already out of the barn .

I don’t disagree with anything you say here Bleed, but that last part won’t work. Any third party would be instantly politicized depending on the nature of the message and 40% of the country wouldn’t consider them a third party. That ship has sailed and we’re a long way from any third party expert to be able to assess and provide direction on a given situation and not be considered as affiliated with a political party.

How about this guy? Or his predecessor?

Remember when the SG was THE go to on all things health related? Everett Koop making all those AIDS psa's?

Well sorry if people are taxing your patience . You sort of missed the point . But that is ok. It isn’t about one child lost to covid, it isn’t about 10 old people dying of covid . The folks I talked about aren’t stats . My sister is a cancer survivor , my bil going through a blood treatment . A friends dad can’t get the treatment he needs because beds are full. The testing site I just drive by in Seattle is backed up for a mile.

The point is we tried the volunteer approach. We got to 75% because of the mandates .

We continue to fail in the volunteer approach because folks like you simply see as the at the most at risk are disposable .

But the point it impacts so many more people that have to make decisions based on others decisions . I gave you a small sampling of people in my sphere who are impacted by others decisions. That was point, not the one or two preemies you think are expendable .

But it is what it is . As I said if people don’t want to vax don’t vax . Rolo, lost his career. Not sure how that is working out . But it was his choice .

Teams are backing out of now games . That is a result of decisions people made . At this point I am fine with it. Just don’t take up valuable hospital space !

1. There are AT much higher risk of getting Covid and being hospitalized, dying of Covid people.

Those people should get vaccinated, wear mask, social distance, etc.

2. As long as those people do that, then it doesn't matter what everyone else, does or does not do.

3. Yes Covid is a bigger problem in BIG cities like Seattle, etc, because of the Population density, more higher people such as elderly people, etc. All those people in close proximity to each other causes problems because altho HOSPITALIZATION RATE is EXTREMELY LOW, the shear number of people from the big city overflow the hospital.

Also hospitals from BIG cities get slammed with other patients. There are not enough hospitals, medical personnel in BIG cities, Covid, no Covid.

4. Also in Davenport WA, Spokane, at Davenport WA hospital, it was DESERTED, ALMOST NO COVID PATIENTS. Sacred Heart had about 2,3,4,5 open ICU, rooms.

As a stroke patient, I had no problem getting medical care. According to you, others, I should have been turned away.

5. The thing is, is that it's NOT a one size fits all. If I lived in Seattle, then I like you, would push for anti Covid measures in Seattle, because Seattle does have Covid Problems.

But forcing Seattle Solutions on areas where Covid is either less of a problem, or almost no problem, in a one size fits all approach is stupid.

6. And just because you have seen the things you have seen, and experienced what you experienced doesn't make it so everywhere else.

I was unvaccinated for 2 years Ed, and didn't get Covid, or if got it, was asymptomatic. I only got Vaccinated because I got a stroke, became at much higher risk, and vaccinated wife got Covid.

And the Whybarks who are 63 to 65 to 67 got Covid, and were not hospitalized.

7. Also the extremely Contagious Omicron is expected to infect the whole world despite anti Covid measures. And the UK health officials, and Africa health officials have said that OMICRON IS NOTHING, that there has been ULTIMATE EXTREMELY FEW ALMOST NO DEATHS, HOSPITALIZATION DUE to Omicron, and that YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AT GETTING HIT BY LIGHTNING, THEN OF GETTING HOSPITALIZED, DYING DUE TO OMICRON.

8. Basically Covid has warped into Delta/Omicron, and has become like the Flu.

About 35k to 43k die of the flu each year because they are a Elderly, at high risk, that didn't take the Flu Vaccine, etc

Delta/Omicron/Covid is going to be like that, like the Flu, in that IF your at higher risk, and don't get vaccinated, etc, your going to be hospitalized, an or die.

EVERYBODY ELSE will be fine whether they Vaccinated, etc, or not.

That said, because getting sick sucks, keeps you home from work, etc, even tho your not hospitalized, don't die, semi Asymptomatic, etc, most will still vaccinated, etc.

9. Also insurance, and employers, and the Free Market Economy, business, etc, will drive, push vaccinations, etc, more then govt, force will, and will be more effective.

10. Govt should not be forcing one size fits all ant Covid measures like vaccinations, etc, on everybody.

11. And I think some to most to almost all people should get Vaccinated, wear mask, social distance, etc. I just don't think it should be forced.

The only time it should be forced is over Spanish Flu, Small Pox, Black Plague, etc, levels.

1. There are AT much higher risk of getting Covid and being hospitalized, dying of Covid people.

Those people should get vaccinated, wear mask, social distance, etc.

2. As long as those people do that, then it doesn't matter what everyone else, does or does not do.

3. Yes Covid is a bigger problem in BIG cities like Seattle, etc, because of the Population density, more higher people such as elderly people, etc. All those people in close proximity to each other causes problems because altho HOSPITALIZATION RATE is EXTREMELY LOW, the shear number of people from the big city overflow the hospital.

Also hospitals from BIG cities get slammed with other patients. There are not enough hospitals, medical personnel in BIG cities, Covid, no Covid.

4. Also in Davenport WA, Spokane, at Davenport WA hospital, it was DESERTED, ALMOST NO COVID PATIENTS. Sacred Heart had about 2,3,4,5 open ICU, rooms.

As a stroke patient, I had no problem getting medical care. According to you, others, I should have been turned away.

5. The thing is, is that it's NOT a one size fits all. If I lived in Seattle, then I like you, would push for anti Covid measures in Seattle, because Seattle does have Covid Problems.

But forcing Seattle Solutions on areas where Covid is either less of a problem, or almost no problem, in a one size fits all approach is stupid.

6. And just because you have seen the things you have seen, and experienced what you experienced doesn't make it so everywhere else.

I was unvaccinated for 2 years Ed, and didn't get Covid, or if got it, was asymptomatic. I only got Vaccinated because I got a stroke, became at much higher risk, and vaccinated wife got Covid.

And the Whybarks who are 63 to 65 to 67 got Covid, and were not hospitalized.

7. Also the extremely Contagious Omicron is expected to infect the whole world despite anti Covid measures. And the UK health officials, and Africa health officials have said that OMICRON IS NOTHING, that there has been ULTIMATE EXTREMELY FEW ALMOST NO DEATHS, HOSPITALIZATION DUE to Omicron, and that YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AT GETTING HIT BY LIGHTNING, THEN OF GETTING HOSPITALIZED, DYING DUE TO OMICRON.

8. Basically Covid has warped into Delta/Omicron, and has become like the Flu.

About 35k to 43k die of the flu each year because they are a Elderly, at high risk, that didn't take the Flu Vaccine, etc

Delta/Omicron/Covid is going to be like that, like the Flu, in that IF your at higher risk, and don't get vaccinated, etc, your going to be hospitalized, an or die.

EVERYBODY ELSE will be fine whether they Vaccinated, etc, or not.

That said, because getting sick sucks, keeps you home from work, etc, even tho your not hospitalized, don't die, semi Asymptomatic, etc, most will still vaccinated, etc.

9. Also insurance, and employers, and the Free Market Economy, business, etc, will drive, push vaccinations, etc, more then govt, force will, and will be more effective.

10. Govt should not be forcing one size fits all ant Covid measures like vaccinations, etc, on everybody.

11. And I think some to most to almost all people should get Vaccinated, wear mask, social distance, etc. I just don't think it should be forced.

The only time it should be forced is over Spanish Flu, Small Pox, Black Plague, etc, levels.
Again Mik… I don’t care what “odds” you want to give me. My brother in law is getting treatment for non Hodgkins, my sister had breast cancer 5 years ago, friends granddaughter is at risk because she was 6 months premature . The list goes on and on. So maybe my story is way out in left field . I don’t think it is. I think there is a one degree separation for almost everyone that covid can cause real damage. I can’t make this more clear .we could have done more people decided not to . We are where we are. You won’t see me think it is weird or unbelievable or even disappointing if the sun bowl isn’t played because Miami pulls out . There are consequences to our inactions.

Again, move one of the non vaxed covid patient out of Swedish so my friends dad can get the surgery he needs.

If the math does not move people, 9 to 1 of hospitalizations and death for the invaxed, nothing will move those folks .

Again, at this point I only ask two things … don’t take up hospital space because of someones decision not to vax and two just let me know in close quarters you aren’t vaxed . I am not asking much .

Reactions: Coug1990
Again, at this point I only ask two things … don’t take up hospital space because of someones decision not to vax and two just let me know in close quarters you aren’t vaxed . I am not asking much .
I don't disagree with the logic, but we don't turn away people in this Country in need of treatment. Now, what I've been proposing for over a year, is the establishment of temporary, but semi-permanent COVID treatment facilities, similar to how we care for deployed military. Tent facilities can provide adequate care for COVID patients, provide greater isolation, and free up valuable hospital space. This could have and should have been in the works 18 months ago.

Again Mik… I don’t care what “odds” you want to give me. My brother in law is getting treatment for non Hodgkins, my sister had breast cancer 5 years ago, friends granddaughter is at risk because she was 6 months premature . The list goes on and on. So maybe my story is way out in left field . I don’t think it is. I think there is a one degree separation for almost everyone that covid can cause real damage. I can’t make this more clear .we could have done more people decided not to . We are where we are. You won’t see me think it is weird or unbelievable or even disappointing if the sun bowl isn’t played because Miami pulls out . There are consequences to our inactions.

Again, move one of the non vaxed covid patient out of Swedish so my friends dad can get the surgery he needs.

If the math does not move people, 9 to 1 of hospitalizations and death for the invaxed, nothing will move those folks .

Because you're looking out for THEIR health, right? Because you might be an asymptomatic vector, vaxed or not.

Answer me this: whats the difference between a vaxed asymptomatic vector and an unvaxed one, besides the latter not aligning with your moral compass?

I don't disagree with the logic, but we don't turn away people in this Country in need of treatment. Now, what I've been proposing for over a year, is the establishment of temporary, but semi-permanent COVID treatment facilities, similar to how we care for deployed military. Tent facilities can provide adequate care for COVID patients, provide greater isolation, and free up valuable hospital space. This could have and should have been in the works 18 months ago.
They did, but never needed the capacity, at least in my neck of the woods.

My dad was in ICU for over a week at the end of october before he passed, and while it was near capacity they weren't turning people away. And just to be clear, he had triple-bypass surgury, not covid treatment.

Reactions: mikalalas
To get back to the what would make the bowl more attractive question, which I believe is kind of tough in cheek, but will answer seriously.

Why don't a couple of these bowls team up and hold their own championship? Like what if the Alamo and the Holiday bowl play out, with the winners playing 7-10 later for a whatever you want to call it championship. Maybe say to the P5, we will take your 4 highest rated teams not invited to the playoff, get a couple sponsors on board and have their own tournament. I mean a tournament with Ohio st., Utah, Baylor, and Pitt would be far more interesting to me than what we have now. If you can put together enough $$$ be attractive, why not. Pitch it to CBS or Fox, or even NBC to rival ESPN. Build a new tradition. IDK, I'd like that.

To get back to the what would make the bowl more attractive question, which I believe is kind of tough in cheek, but will answer seriously.

Why don't a couple of these bowls team up and hold their own championship? Like what if the Alamo and the Holiday bowl play out, with the winners playing 7-10 later for a whatever you want to call it championship. Maybe say to the P5, we will take your 4 highest rated teams not invited to the playoff, get a couple sponsors on board and have their own tournament. I mean a tournament with Ohio st., Utah, Baylor, and Pitt would be far more interesting to me than what we have now. If you can put together enough $$$ be attractive, why not. Pitch it to CBS or Fox, or even NBC to rival ESPN. Build a new tradition. IDK, I'd like that.

In AAU we called that the losers bracket.

In AAU we called that the losers bracket.
Which I'm fine with if it means more football/ practices.

But at this point and time it would just be another game without X amount of starters because they're sitting out. Not to mention it the NCAA would have to get their greasy mitts all over it.

But in general, I like the idea.

There is a long history but at some point you have to consider change.

Okay, don't usually quote myself but either the Sun Bowl has to move to a different location or rename it THE CRAP WEATHER BOWL"
Snow or rainy in a cool temperature does not make for much a reward for any team.
Surely with a decent payout they can find a better location or as some have suggested have more than one bowl in the same city.....VEGAS ANYONE.

Reactions: Coug90
Because you're looking out for THEIR health, right? Because you might be an asymptomatic vector, vaxed or not.

Answer me this: whats the difference between a vaxed asymptomatic vector and an unvaxed one, besides the latter not aligning with your moral compass?
Ed would imprison the unvaccinated if he were king of the US.

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR

We should have focused on therapeutics for covid using existing and plentiful medications instead of almost completely focusing on a magical "vaccine"...one that is not all that effective now.

Let's not forget to mention the WHO also came out and stated that the vaccine is the primary cause of the variants (I am paraphrasing for those who don't understand how these threads work).

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Bleed… who said this is about my morality. You have made reference to it several times . I have said it three times to you .. I respect you and your position . It is honest . You care about your interests and your families interests.

Regarding why I didn’t go to family functions on Christmas Day…. Just how I am built . How I am wired . For me, it isn’t just about me . Like you , I am consistent in my beliefs. Last summer a group of friends went on their 42 foot boat and went to Kingston for dinner .. I opted out because I went to my daughter 22nd birthday party in closed space and taking a beer bong . So even tho I am vaxed I didn’t want to expose others.

I went to rev Eagles concert in November. I was supposed to have dinner with a college friend coming in from out of town and I elected not to cause someone close to my college friend is compromised .

And I did the same thing on Christmas . I found out I had dinner with someone on Tuesday who was positive .

So not sure that is a “moral” issue for me. Not sure why you think of it in those terms .

Ed would imprison the unvaccinated if he were king of the US.
If “How” was the queen of the US the unvaccinated would have a plaque with their name on it as a reward.

I think I have been clear. I am ok with the mandate . I would take away club memberships for those who like one of my daughters friends who uses a fake vax card, and I would fine people who aren’t vaxed just like they do when one doesn’t have their insurance card.

But I don’t believe jn Kings… so I deal with reality . At this point I only have two requests. One, if I am in a close space please let me know you aren’t vaxed. Second, don’t take up hospital space. If it is between a surgery I need or someone who is not vaxed, push the out of the hospital.

And if people in red states want to risk some of their hold on political ideals and take a hit of 9 to 1 then that is ok with me too. Thin the herd .

Any New Years resolutions not to talk politics or covid/vax theories on the board? I mean I dumped some Kraken in my coffee already so I’m not one to judge on New Years resolutions…

DANCING FOOTBALLS!!

If “How” was the queen of the US the unvaccinated would have a plaque with their name on it as a reward.

I think I have been clear. I am ok with the mandate . I would take away club memberships for those who like one of my daughters friends who uses a fake vax card, and I would fine people who aren’t vaxed just like they do when one doesn’t have their insurance card.

But I don’t believe jn Kings… so I deal with reality . At this point I only have two requests. One, if I am in a close space please let me know you aren’t vaxed. Second, don’t take up hospital space. If it is between a surgery I need or someone who is not vaxed, push the out of the hospital.

And if people in red states want to risk some of their hold on political ideals and take a hit of 9 to 1 then that is ok with me too. Thin the herd .

So I assume you'd also forbid the obese from taking up hospital space too? That is a choice, is it not? Reportedly, 40% of Americans are obese...fyi. Obesity is the cause of many health issues that end up occupying a significant portion of hospital beds.

Let's be consistent Ed, right?

I wouldn't allow the cruelty of firing people who have zero chance of dying from covid and elect not to take the vaccine but instead focus on therapeutics. I'm not cruel like some people I won't name.

Bleed… who said this is about my morality. You have made reference to it several times . I have said it three times to you .. I respect you and your position . It is honest . You care about your interests and your families interests.

Regarding why I didn’t go to family functions on Christmas Day…. Just how I am built . How I am wired . For me, it isn’t just about me . Like you , I am consistent in my beliefs. Last summer a group of friends went on their 42 foot boat and went to Kingston for dinner .. I opted out because I went to my daughter 22nd birthday party in closed space and taking a beer bong . So even tho I am vaxed I didn’t want to expose others.

I went to rev Eagles concert in November. I was supposed to have dinner with a college friend coming in from out of town and I elected not to cause someone close to my college friend is compromised .

And I did the same thing on Christmas . I found out I had dinner with someone on Tuesday who was positive .

So not sure that is a “moral” issue for me. Not sure why you think of it in those terms .

Insert joke about your daughters birthday party here =>__________________.

Yes. He was recently silenced on social media I believe. There is no debate allowed from the totalitarians, right?
By definition, that is true. And, yes, he was banned on Twitter for his views on the use of mRNA vaccines as spreading disinformation.

There is something inherently wrong when the inventor of the technology is dismissed as 'not credible'.

Reactions: mikalalas
Who says Reuters is an accurate "fact check" source?
The chairman of Thomsen Reuters also sits on the board of Pfizer (per the Malone interview).

But that's just conspiracy theory to think there may be conflicts of interest when billions of dollar are in play.

By definition, that is true. And, yes, he was banned on Twitter for his views on the use of mRNA vaccines as spreading disinformation.

There is something inherently wrong when the inventor of the technology is dismissed as 'not credible'.

Money is a powerful motivator to stop truth or the acceptable narrative.

Always follow the money...

The chairman of Thomsen Reuters also sits on the board of Pfizer (per the Malone interview).

But that's just conspiracy theory to think there may be conflicts of interest when billions of dollar are in play.

Yeah...that would never happen. 😳

I wouldn't allow the cruelty of firing people who have zero chance of dying from covid and elect not to take the vaccine but instead focus on therapeutics. I'm not cruel like some people I won't name.
Can't use therapeutics as they are manufactured by Big Pharma. Regeneron BTW is one of the big ones that are used...they are a Big Pharma monster and charge ten fold what it costs for the vaccine. But I see your point.

While you see that as cruel for people opting out of their jobs, their choice, you have zero problem with kids not being able to play sports or go to a public school without having the measles and polio vaccine. At least you are consistent.

Can't use therapeutics as they are manufactured by Big Pharma. Regeneron BTW is one of the big ones that are used...they are a Big Pharma monster and charge ten fold what it costs for the vaccine. But I see your point.

While you see that as cruel for people opting out of their jobs, their choice, you have zero problem with kids not being able to play sports or go to a public school without having the measles and polio vaccine. At least you are consistent.

What? Can't use therapeutics because they are manufactured by big pharma. Who said?

The comparison to measles and polio vaccines is nonsense.

Again...are you willing to keep those out of hospitals for being obese? You likely will continue to ignore this point, but I'll press you on it. Please weigh in Ed.

What? Can't use therapeutics because they are manufactured by big pharma. Who said?

The comparison to measles and polio vaccines is nonsense.
Of course it is non sense. They are mandated as well. And guess what, people have choices not to play their kids in sports, not to go to school. Most people just think it is just one more shot.

You just said one of the problems with the vaccine is the money you falsely believe is being so profitable from the manufacturing of the vaccine. You know, just follow the money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT