ADVERTISEMENT

One idea to make the Sun Bowl more attractive...

Therapeutics manufactured by Big Pharma which are also subject to normal product liability exposure.

We can only take no-risk to Big Pharma drugs now.
OH...you mean like the regeneron therapeutic that has no liability. Check.

Again...are you willing to keep those out of hospitals for being obese? You likely will continue to ignore this point, but I'll press you on it. Please weigh in Ed.
Feel free to press on with it How.....i do find it interesting you, 11, and Bleed consistently bring up covid even when it isn't part of a normal conversation. I am sorry you are bothered by the mandates. I am sorry you are bothered colleges and high school deciding on their own to shut things on campus down. Feel free to blame inslee for Miami canceling their visit to the Sun Bowl. Schools and individuals will opt out. It will have a similar impact as a "mandate" of having bars at 50% capacity for example. It is the new normal.

11 is so fond of bringing up the Sweden approach to covid. They had a bigger dump in their economic growth that their two neighbors who had a federal shut down when 19 first came out.

I have a friend text me last night. Very much like you. Just the flu. He and his wife have it along with his parents. Covid will end two lives prematurely, but I have so much respect for him. He didn't change it tune, said that is just the way it is. Their time is done.

Last edited:
Of course it is non sense. They are mandated as well. And guess what, people have choices not to play their kids in sports, not to go to school. Most people just think it is just one more shot.

You just said one of the problems with the vaccine is the money you falsely believe is being so profitable from the manufacturing of the vaccine. You know, just follow the money.
Pfizer profits are going through the roof after several years of decline.

Moderna - same after never being profitable

Of course it is non sense. They are mandated as well. And guess what, people have choices not to play their kids in sports, not to go to school. Most people just think it is just one more shot.

You just said one of the problems with the vaccine is the money you falsely believe is being so profitable from the manufacturing of the vaccine. You know, just follow the money.

Those vaccines have been around for decades. Also, they are addressing a much higher risk of sickness and harm to children than covid, from which children have essentially zero chance of dying.

You do know this, right?

I don't know if your claim is true about the drug price you mentioned. You could have made that up. I can tell you there are other options that are quite inexpensive and are very effective therapeutics.

Feel free to press on with it How.....i do find it interesting you, 11, and Bleed consistently bring up covid even when it isn't part of a normal conversation. I am sorry you are bothered by the mandates. I am sorry you are bothered colleges and high school deciding on their own to shut things on campus down. Feel free to blame inslee for Miami canceling their visit to the Sun Bowl. Schools and individuals will opt out. It will have a similar impact as a "mandate" of having bars at 50% capacity for example. It is the new normal.

11 is so fond of bringing up the Sweden approach to covid. They had a bigger dump in their economic growth that their two neighbors who had a federal shut down when 19 first came out.

I have a friend text me last night. Very much like you. Just the flu. He and his wife have it along with his parents. Covid will end two lives prematurely, but I have so much respect for him. He didn't change it tune, said that is just the way it is. Their time is done.

Let the record show that Ed will not answer a logical and reasonable question about allowing for the hospitalization of obese people. I'm disappointed you are dodging this question Ed. It is very revealing.

I think you also dodged the point I made that New York has the 6th highest vaccine participation rate and also the 6th highest death rate from covid. I made that point on the basketball board...as you know.

Reactions: CougEd
Let the record show that Ed will not answer a logical and reasonable question about allowing for the hospitalization of obese people. I'm disappointed you are dodging this question Ed. It is very revealing.

I think you also dodged the point I made that New York has the 6th highest vaccine participation rate and also the 6th highest death rate from covid. I made that point on the basketball board...as you know.
Revealing about what? I have zero problem answering the question.

One, if obesity can be transferred from you to me, and the hospitals are full because it, yes.

If obesity is filling up the rooms in Seattle or New York and other patients cant get their health care, yes, boot them out.

I don't know that you made that point on the bball board. I have come to the point I really don't care what you have to say.

Nor do I know if the death rate is from 7/2021 to current or if that data goes back to 3/202. But your point in that post...As I don't remember reading it. And if I did it is silly to carry on.

But since you feel I need to respond I have no problem in doing so. My "imaginary" CEO biotech friend told me sitting by a pool back in 4/2020. (6 feet apart) the worry isn't just covid but the variants, and that we have to be vigilant. That the initial spanish flu wasnt what killed everyone, it was the second generation. He flat out warned me against what we have been seeing for the last 9 months. That information was given to me 19 months ago.

I have long said the initial vaccine science and data showed it had a 90% effectiveness rate against the transmission. It was most peoples hope that we got enough shots in the arms to create a herd immunity. But the initial vaccine was very effective against the spread. However, we didn't vax. We didn't mask. So we get Delta, which the vaccine and masking could have prevented, but we didn't.

I would bet when all the data comes out that the vaccine prevented 55% of the transmission of Delta. My guess is if we are lucky the vaccine helps in 10% of the transmission. And I am being optimistic.

But the data...yeah I know it is corrupt what the hospitals put out, but 90% of the cases in the hospital are unvaxed. 90%.

Also an interesting stat....with Omicron the pediatrics admittance to the hospital have doubled. deaths? Nope, not yet. But this virus is unrelenting. There eventually will be a higher cost by letting this thing to continue to mutate. Your "method" for dealing with it seems to be just let everyone get it, let the chips fall where they may. And I am there as well. Thin the herd. Again, just tell me you arent vaxed if we go to a small social gathering, that way I can make my choice.

Yes...let the record show CougEd on 1/1 doesn't give a crap about what you post. Enter that into the court records...wait...this is a football forum. Enter that into the "records" of the forum. Better yet, do what another poster does...copy my posts and bring them up 8 years later.

Yes...let the record show CougEd on 1/1 doesn't give a crap about what you post. Enter that into the court records...wait...this is a football forum. Enter that into the "records" of the forum. Better yet, do what another poster does...copy my posts and bring them up 8 years later.

Ed, it's just amusing that your MO is to throw out all kinds of questions to get others on the defensive, but then when I back you into a corner with a question you refuse to show you are consistent in your thought process.

Nice work.

Have a Happy New Year.

Revealing about what? I have zero problem answering the question.

One, if obesity can be transferred from you to me, and the hospitals are full because it, yes.

If obesity is filling up the rooms in Seattle or New York and other patients cant get their health care, yes, boot them out.

I don't know that you made that point on the bball board. I have come to the point I really don't care what you have to say.

Nor do I know if the death rate is from 7/2021 to current or if that data goes back to 3/202. But your point in that post...As I don't remember reading it. And if I did it is silly to carry on.

But since you feel I need to respond I have no problem in doing so. My "imaginary" CEO biotech friend told me sitting by a pool back in 4/2020. (6 feet apart) the worry isn't just covid but the variants, and that we have to be vigilant. That the initial spanish flu wasnt what killed everyone, it was the second generation. He flat out warned me against what we have been seeing for the last 9 months. That information was given to me 19 months ago.

I have long said the initial vaccine science and data showed it had a 90% effectiveness rate against the transmission. It was most peoples hope that we got enough shots in the arms to create a herd immunity. But the initial vaccine was very effective against the spread. However, we didn't vax. We didn't mask. So we get Delta, which the vaccine and masking could have prevented, but we didn't.

I would bet when all the data comes out that the vaccine prevented 55% of the transmission of Delta. My guess is if we are lucky the vaccine helps in 10% of the transmission. And I am being optimistic.

But the data...yeah I know it is corrupt what the hospitals put out, but 90% of the cases in the hospital are unvaxed. 90%.

Also an interesting stat....with Omicron the pediatrics admittance to the hospital have doubled. deaths? Nope, not yet. But this virus is unrelenting. There eventually will be a higher cost by letting this thing to continue to mutate. Your "method" for dealing with it seems to be just let everyone get it, let the chips fall where they may. And I am there as well. Thin the herd. Again, just tell me you arent vaxed if we go to a small social gathering, that way I can make my choice.

It's not about what can be transferred. Your point was that those who act irresponsibly should not take up a hospital bed.

And yes, many of our healthcare issues are with obesity. The second biggest factor after age is obesity in terms of who dies from covid, by the way.

Anyway, the overriding issue is that people should not be forces to get vaccinated for covid and actually lose their job. That is cruel and not ethical. Shame on our government for doing that in reaction to a virus that is not lethal for 99.5 percent of the population.

Ed, it's just amusing that your MO is to throw out all kinds of questions to get others on the defensive, but then when I back you into a corner with a question you refuse to show you are consistent in your thought process.

Nice work.

Have a Happy New Year.
Ummm...so many what appear to be assumptions on your part. I don't ask questions to put others on the defensive. If you get defensive that is on you. Most of the time I ask questions so I don't assume a position others are trying to take. i also ask questions to drill down to what is the real core of the discussion. For you it is simple....you see it as cruel. The money made by big pharma, the follow the money is simply window dressing. BTW I am never afraid to put out an opinion...even if you see it as inconsistent. And I will be the first one to tell you it it is inconsistent. I do find it actually humorous on a message board of fake names you want something on the record....

I didn't see your question on the bball board for several reasons. I have been on the go since about the 16th of December. And since the snow hit, I have five cars in the garage and driveway and I am the only one of the four people living in my house that will drive in the snow. So I have been Snowubering for about a week. I look at my phone mostly when I have been on the road it seems. No readers in the car so I didn't see the post on my phone.

But I won't lie either, I am not inclined to respond to you moving forward simply because we are on the total opposite ends of the spectrum, and there is no bridging the gap.

In terms of cruelty, I can think of a lot of things that are cruel. I think it is cruel I can't drive without having insurance. You think it is cruel to not allow kids who aren't vaxed for polio not attend school because of the mandate. 5500 people died of polio in 1955.

I think it is cruel I cant get hammered and drive drunk because really in terms of deaths from drunk driving is under 11000 deaths per year. The number is so small.

You think it is cruel that people lose their jobs because they elect not to get vaxed. (And as many jobs that are available people cant get a job in another field)...

I think it is cruel when something as final as death is minimized to a "risk management" equation versus doing what it takes to get it under control so those compromised can lead a "normal life" and so can everyone else.

Ummm...so many what appear to be assumptions on your part. I don't ask questions to put others on the defensive. If you get defensive that is on you. Most of the time I ask questions so I don't assume a position others are trying to take. i also ask questions to drill down to what is the real core of the discussion. For you it is simple....you see it as cruel. The money made by big pharma, the follow the money is simply window dressing. BTW I am never afraid to put out an opinion...even if you see it as inconsistent. And I will be the first one to tell you it it is inconsistent. I do find it actually humorous on a message board of fake names you want something on the record....

I didn't see your question on the bball board for several reasons. I have been on the go since about the 16th of December. And since the snow hit, I have five cars in the garage and driveway and I am the only one of the four people living in my house that will drive in the snow. So I have been Snowubering for about a week. I look at my phone mostly when I have been on the road it seems. No readers in the car so I didn't see the post on my phone.

But I won't lie either, I am not inclined to respond to you moving forward simply because we are on the total opposite ends of the spectrum, and there is no bridging the gap.

In terms of cruelty, I can think of a lot of things that are cruel. I think it is cruel I can't drive without having insurance. You think it is cruel to not allow kids who aren't vaxed for polio not attend school because of the mandate. 5500 people died of polio in 1955.

I think it is cruel I cant get hammered and drive drunk because really in terms of deaths from drunk driving is under 11000 deaths per year. The number is so small.

You think it is cruel that people lose their jobs because they elect not to get vaxed. (And as many jobs that are available people cant get a job in another field)...

I think it is cruel when something as final as death is minimized to a "risk management" equation versus doing what it takes to get it under control so those compromised can lead a "normal life" and so can everyone else.

Hmmmm...I never heard you complain in the past about enforcing flu vaccines on everyone. I think you aren't at all consistent on vaccines or deaths from any number of causes...or filling hospital beds from irresponsible actions of some people.

Have a nice week Ed. I mean that.

Your thought processes are...uh....unique. I'll leave it at that for now.

Is that what you tell the parents? It may be .1% but that child was 100% their entire world.

Sorry! You were 1 out of 5,000,000 to 50,000,000. Oh well.
Does the same apply to the vaccine complications?

Well, this isn't gonna make the Big Pharma pimps happy. Pretty sure Sildenafil is generic by now.

Might make for some happy endings, too.
I saw your big pharma data . Not sure the costs to manufacture but will take us govt should be getting a discount as they have Moderna 11 bill. But if you believe therapeutics is the answer, what was regeneron’s third quarter light .

Why do you trust Robert Malone? What makes him credible to you?
Why wouldn't you trust Dr. Robert Malone, inventor of the mRNA technology? What makes him lack credibility with you?

Why would you trust Dr. Anthony Fauci? What makes him credible to you?

But, first question first - have you listened to Dr. Robert Malone yet?

Why wouldn't you trust Dr. Robert Malone, inventor of the mRNA technology? What makes him lack credibility with you?

Why would you trust Dr. Anthony Fauci? What makes him credible to you?

But, first question first - have you listened to Dr. Robert Malone yet?
Because he isn't the inventor of the mRNA tech. That was a collaborative effort involving likely hundreds of researchers over decades. He had an important early role, but he wasn't alone. For him to be making that egotistical claim causes me to question his credibility along with his numerous other unsupported claims. That's all I have to say about that.

Links about the legitimacy of his claim about being the inventor.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
Because he isn't the inventor of the mRNA tech. That was a collaborative effort involving likely hundreds of researchers over decades. He had an important early role, but he wasn't alone. For him to be making that egotistical claim causes me to question his credibility along with his numerous other unsupported claims. That's all I have to say about that.

Links about the legitimacy of his claim about being the inventor.

So you didn't listen. Is that correct?

Therapeutics manufactured by Big Pharma which are also subject to normal product liability exposure.

We can only take no-risk to Big Pharma drugs now.
You can thank Mitch McConnell for that. Funny how the cult of reagan always pretends they aren't the ones responsible for this.

Typical response from you. Deflect when the evidence that you are full of shit is thrown right in your face.
I asked the question two days ago - still unanswered. And on two separate occasions Krusty didn't answer. But somehow I'm deflecting.

The answer is a very simple yes or no.

So you think companies that develop life saving vaccines don't deserve compensation for their work? That is pretty ****ing communist of you.
Noted name caller weighs in once again.

By the way, if they were life-saving, why are there still covid deaths?

Noted name caller weighs in once again.

By the way, if they were life-saving, why are there still covid deaths?
You think cancer drugs save every life? The regeneron covid therapeutic has a liability waiver . Probably because they are in middle of a pandemic .

So you think companies that develop life saving vaccines don't deserve compensation for their work? That is pretty ****ing communist of you.
The government advocating only three mRNA-based vaccines is not capitalism. It is corporatism. It is cronyism.

Why does it hurt you so much that there are other alternatives out there? Why does it hurt you so much that countries like Japan advocate for personal choice, full disclosure on side effects of vaccines and informed consent over what goes into one's body?

So you didn't listen. Is that correct?
That is correct. For me, I'm not interested in listening to a 3+ hour podcast where the guest is allowed to make unsupported claims without ever (and I mean EVER) being challenged by the host to produce data, research, relevant and accurate studies to support those claims. Malone is a smart guy and when given free reign to bloviate he's gonna come across as pretty damn convincing.

There are numerous fact checks that have been done on Malone on such a wide variety of claims by his in the last 12 months or so.

I did read this synopsis of the "interview" and it, to me, came across as the "same old same old" from Malone. So we'll just have to disagree on this is all I have to say about that.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
That is correct. For me, I'm not interested in listening to a 3+ hour podcast where the guest is allowed to make unsupported claims without ever (and I mean EVER) being challenged by the host to produce data, research, relevant and accurate studies to support those claims. Malone is a smart guy and when given free reign to bloviate he's gonna come across as pretty damn convincing.

There are numerous fact checks that have been done on Malone on such a wide variety of claims by his in the last 12 months or so.

I did read this synopsis of the "interview" and it, to me, came across as the "same old same old" from Malone. So we'll just have to disagree on this is all I have to say about that.

"Fact checks". That's funny.

What limits you from actually listening to the source and making up your own mind?

The government advocating only three mRNA-based vaccines is not capitalism. It is corporatism. It is cronyism.

Why does it hurt you so much that there are other alternatives out there? Why does it hurt you so much that countries like Japan advocate for personal choice, full disclosure on side effects of vaccines and informed consent over what goes into one's body?

Keep ducking. It's what you do.

Keep ducking. It's what you do.
Ducking what? You don't listen or believe anything other than the 3 magic bean approach and somehow believe it is your god-given right to exert that one size fits all approach on others.

You called me a communist - and I countered with a free market response. Why do you fear competition, free expression and alternative approaches to medicine?

It's really puzzling.

Trust the "experts". Trust "scients".
I realize facts are stubborn things to some. You trust science all the time. Most everyone does. There is so much that goes into science behind the scenes that we don't realize and we all benefit from it's products and process.

When folks begin to denigrate science it is ideology. Anti-evolutionist trust science (mostly) when it comes to medicine and treatments when they need it. But the science of the theory of evolution is founded upon the same basis as medicine - micro biology and chemistry. They don't trust the science when their cherished Genesis-based myths are challenged.

Same with vaccines. Folks largely trust them because they trust the science that went into them, except when a mandate challenges their philosophy of a libertarian construct that is opposed from top-down control and perceived forced compliance.

The objections to the science of the mRNA vaccine is based in ideology and not sound scientific principles. And that objection is biased and subjective. Taihtsat

"Fact checks". That's funny.

What limits you from actually listening to the source and making up your own mind?
My time is more valuable. I've already done plenty of fact-gathering on Mr. Malone to know he's not being accurate with most of his claims. This isn't the first time I've heard of him. I'm quite familiar.

You could help your argument (if you care to - prolly don't) to link specific claims by him that would support your belief he is worthy of taking seriously. I'd look at them fairly.

But he isn't involved in research any more. He is basically on a think-tank and advocacy group. He doesn't publish anything in the field. He is largely no longer relevant as a current player in this field that he constantly denigrates. If you have something different than show it. Otherwise belittling "fact-checkers" is a dodge. Taihtsat

My time is more valuable. I've already done plenty of fact-gathering on Mr. Malone to know he's not being accurate with most of his claims. This isn't the first time I've heard of him. I'm quite familiar.

You could help your argument (if you care to - prolly don't) to link specific claims by him that would support your belief he is worthy of taking seriously. I'd look at them fairly.

But he isn't involved in research any more. He is basically on a think-tank and advocacy group. He doesn't publish anything in the field. He is largely no longer relevant as a current player in this field that he constantly denigrates. If you have something different than show it. Otherwise belittling "fact-checkers" is a dodge. Taihtsat
My argument is - and has always been - that each individual make up their own damned mind. And not try to impose their view of 'science' on others. It is exactly what the Japanese are promoting and takes the divisiveness out of things.

I have simply continued to provide counter arguments and resources for those who care to take the time so they can have an informed discussion with their healthcare provider and make the best decision for their family.

Because that does not adhere to the party line, it is somehow considered a "dodge". At the end of it all, there's more than one way to skin a cat. And anybody who thinks they have the one truth or absolute science is out of their mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alpine Cougar
When folks begin to worship science it is ideology.
FTFY.

Of course you know that, you're not dumb as I can tell from the back and forth we've had. But "trust the science" has become a convenient way to dismiss anyone with any idea or notion that doesn't line up with the group think.

"I'm not sure about pumping a 3rd or 4th dose into my body. We don't have extended studies on this yet."
-" (ARE YOU STUPID???) Trust the science!!"
"My kid doesn't really need it, as kids aren't really getting sick and dying from this disease, and since we don't know the long term possible affects..."
-"(You hate children and other people's children too! )Trust the science!!"

And on and on.

They use "trust the science" as if Doctors, scientists, et al are infallible. This is obviously not the case, as they are human. My family "trusted the science" when it came to a course of treatment for my father last October- he's dead now. Science was wrong, or at least didn't know or have all the answers. This isn't what I base my logic on, but is just a recent and convenient example of "doctors and scientists aren't omniscient and we shouldn't treat them as such."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT