ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon’s director of Recruiting

One thing I can say for UO. They don't bother with coffee cups of cash. Phil provides better containers than that.

One thing I can say for UO. They don't bother with coffee cups of cash. Phil provides better containers than that.
Speaking of coffee cups and cash, Clay is making quite a recruiting haul today for a coach that’s DOA.

90, Helton will survive as long as Swann survives. And SC should never have a poor recruiting class. It helps that as soon as SC offers the kid gets re-evaluated upward in terms of ranking...so to that extent a high ranked class is a self-fulfilling prophecy. But they are good kids overall, regardless of the rating. Take a mediocre coach with very good talent and he will win 7-9 games every year. What remains to be seen is how long that will be OK with the alums. I suspect that 8-9 wins with a win over UCLA could last for another 2-3 years. But Chip will have a lot to say about that. Chip won this year. If he wins the next one or two, Helton will be gone, even with 8-9 wins. And Swann will be gone with him. After Swann renewed Helton, several alums I know told me that that Swann would probably get fired first, and the new AD would then proceed with canning Helton as his first order of business. We'll see...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT