ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon is as dirty as they come

Cougsocal

Hall Of Fame
Sep 5, 2010
We know about Uncle Phil's money, we know that Oregon is now the recruit power of the Pac-12, and we know that the two are clearly connected. Now we are finding out it also extends to PEDs as well.

The coach of the Nike Oregon Project, Alberto Salazar and Jeffery Brown, a Nike paid consultant and endocrinologist have just been banned for 4 years for trafficking PEDs.

So when the Ducks take the field against the Cougs be aware that not only are they bought and paid for, they have been on PED regimens, professionally designed to beat the most sophisticated testing the world has to offer.

Don' t believe me, Mo "Chemical Ali" Farah, 4 time Olympic gold medalist never tested positive for PEDs, nor did Galen Rupp.

Uncle Phil could not have known what was going on, you say. Alberto Salazar has a long, long history as a suspected drug cheat, since his days as a runner, and has been battling USADA and WADA for decades. This just didn't happen out of the blue, it only just stuck. So Uncle "sweat shop" Phil, hired a notorious drug cheat on par with Charlie Francis, to run the Nike Oregon Project, basically to beat drug testing.

It time to have USADA/WADA test the pre-season urine samples of the Oregon Football team. Sadly, the NCAA would fight to stop it.

Reactions: yana080
We know about Uncle Phil's money, we know that Oregon is now the recruit power of the Pac-12, and we know that the two are clearly connected. Now we are finding out it also extends to PEDs as well.

The coach of the Nike Oregon Project, Alberto Salazar and Jeffery Brown, a Nike paid consultant and endocrinologist have just been banned for 4 years for trafficking PEDs.

So when the Ducks take the field against the Cougs be aware that not only are they bought and paid for, they have been on PED regimens, professionally designed to beat the most sophisticated testing the world has to offer.

Don' t believe me, Mo "Chemical Ali" Farah, 4 time Olympic gold medalist never tested positive for PEDs, nor did Galen Rupp.

Uncle Phil could not have known what was going on, you say. Alberto Salazar has a long, long history as a suspected drug cheat, since his days as a runner, and has been battling USADA and WADA for decades. This just didn't happen out of the blue, it only just stuck. So Uncle "sweat shop" Phil, hired a notorious drug cheat on par with Charlie Francis, to run the Nike Oregon Project, basically to beat drug testing.

It time to have USADA/WADA test the pre-season urine samples of the Oregon Football team. Sadly, the NCAA would fight to stop it.

Link?

Wow, that is even worse than I realized.

Canzano wrote a mea culpa the likes of which we seldom see from a journalist.

On top of that, Ken Goe actually attempted some real journalism in the second link. If we had never read any of his Leach screeds, I think we would have to assume that he was a real journalist. Certainly this link reads as though it was produced by a real reporter...

Wow, that is even worse than I realized.

Canzano wrote a mea culpa the likes of which we seldom see from a journalist.

On top of that, Ken Goe actually attempted some real journalism in the second link. If we had never read any of his Leach screeds, I think we would have to assume that he was a real journalist. Certainly this link reads as though it was produced by a real reporter...
Before giving too much credit to Goe's journalistic ability, note that Jeff Manning contributed to the story. I know Jeff personally and he's a very good investigative reporter. Me thinks he did the heavy lifting on the article and Goe put on the finishing touches. Ken is better suited putting together his "Snap Judgments and Cheap Shots" weekly column, where he can usually find a way to spew his anti-Leach venom.

Glad Cougar

First off, it isn’t like these guys investigated and broke the story. They merely reported the findings of a lengthy USADA investigation and disciplinary proceeding. Until the ban was announced they were complicit, kissing Phil’s and Salazar’s arse. Hence, the apology for “Iraqing” the whole thing. Salazar is a former duck, with a lengthy history of alleged cheating and facilitating cheating, but being able to game the system. When someone like that is hired to such a high profile position by a billionaire owner of a mega multinational apparel manufacturer, any half decent reporter smells chum in the water.

Second, Phil Knight didn’t do this just so that some Muslim, African UK citizen, can win four gold medals in the Olympics. He did it as a means of promoting the Nike brand through better performances by Nike and U of O athletes, through PEDs. Salazar and co. make Anthony Bosch of A-Rod fame looked like a keystone cop. I first got wind of Salazar cheating stories after he won the New York marathon with alleged spiked water bottles in 1980. It is 39 years later.

By the way, a US Nike Oregon Project athlete just won the world championships in the 800 beating the longest standing American record. And I betcha he tests clean as a whistle, though it is very unlikely that he is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT