ADVERTISEMENT

Oregonian all-state team

Glad Cougar

Hall Of Fame
Apr 2, 2003
Aberdeen SD
For the 5A classification, it's interesting that preferred walkon John Bledsoe was first team QB while Connor Neville was listed as honorable mention. All-state teams are, of course, subjective and all I've heard about Neville is that he has all the physical qualities to be a Pac-12 player. I'd like to think that both Bledsoe & Neville will get a whole lot better under the tutelage of Leach & company.

Glad Cougar

I think Neville is being penalized for games missed, and for perceived issues surrounding his suspension.

My prediction based on my limited knowledge of these QBs. Bledsoe is the better of the two and starts for us for 2-3 years and leads Cougs to a PAC 12 title. Neville never finds his feet, ala Bruggman, and transfers out.

My prediction based on my limited knowledge of these QBs. Bledsoe is the better of the two and starts for us for 2-3 years and leads Cougs to a PAC 12 title. Neville never finds his feet, ala Bruggman, and transfers out.

Neville seems pretty small. Brink isn't a big guy but appears so next to Neville

neville.jpg

Coming out of college and when drafted by Houston, Brink was listed by some sites as 6'2 and others as 6'3...weighing 207 or 208 lbs. He may have gained some weight in that picture, now that he's in his 30s. But he was never as small as he looked playing for the Cougs. Nonetheless, your point is well taken, Yaki. Neville looks small and borderline frail. Get him to Cougar Country 5 nights a week.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT