ADVERTISEMENT

OSU's coach and Bennett ball

If you want to be frank, Thames never gave it enough time to

really determine who was who. to start off the season Moore was the player more ready to play. Do you disagree? He was more refined offensively, do you agree? So in the preseason he got more minutes. Didn't preclude them from playing together. But when Thames came back from Christmas break he was a different player. I think it was pretty clear to the coaches that he was going to transfer. Bone did what he could do from keeping the kid from transferring.

So yeah, I don't believe 60 days and a preseason schedule is enough time to define roles. Something Thames wanted done right away

Re: If you want to be frank, Thames never gave it enough time to

Originally posted by CougEd:
really determine who was who. to start off the season Moore was the player more ready to play. Do you disagree? He was more refined offensively, do you agree? So in the preseason he got more minutes. Didn't preclude them from playing together. But when Thames came back from Christmas break he was a different player. I think it was pretty clear to the coaches that he was going to transfer. Bone did what he could do from keeping the kid from transferring.

So yeah, I don't believe 60 days and a preseason schedule is enough time to define roles. Something Thames wanted done right away
The fundamental issue is that Bone was no leader. He obviously could not or would not articulate a vision of how he thought that Thames fit into the future at WSU. That is an important part of coaching, and not a strong part of Bone's personality.

Thames was smart to leave rather than stay with a sub-par coach. Our loss. His gain.

Such BS...

That may be the case in your opinion, but two months in he is still trying to fin out what he has. Thames gave up before conference play even started he made up his mind to leave.

Re: I'll bite...why did Bennett go 8-10 if he can coach and he had two NBA

Originally posted by bogusto:

If you still think Bennett can't coach you need your head examined and your biases checked in for rehab.
Only an ediot would question Tony Bennett's coaching ability. Someone's credibility went from zero to negative whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT