ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone interested in the Seattle Mariners bandwagon?

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Mercer Island
Root Sports is the only way, (besides the few MLB TV and Apple TV broadcasts), to watch the live Mariner's bandwagon.

Did you know they've sped up the game? Game play is faster now!

Pitch Timer​

For the first time ever, MLB now utilizes a pitch clock. Each inning break will be two minutes and 15 seconds, and there will be only 30 seconds allowed in between batters. Pitchers must begin their windup before the clock expires. They will have just 15 seconds between pitches with no runners on base, or 20 seconds with runners on base, to start their motion. If the timer hits zero, the runner gets an automatic ball.

Hitters will also be impacted by the time constraints. Batters must be in the box and looking at the pitcher in eight seconds or less, or else they get an automatic strike.

DISH Network does not carry Root Sports. DirecTV Stream does. No contract, cancel anytime.

I'm not a HUGE Mariners fan....but if they keep playing the way they're playing, it would be fun to witness the ride. Could be epic.

QUESTION: Can you share your DirecTV Stream account?
Yes, you can share your DirecTV Stream account and stream on (3) three devices simultaneously.

Looking for (2) two partners. $37.00 a month. Cancel when the Season is over, either October or the World Series.

Let me know if you're interested.

Root Sports is the only way, (besides the few MLB TV and Apple TV broadcasts), to watch the live Mariner's bandwagon.

Did you know they've sped up the game? Game play is faster now!

Pitch Timer​

For the first time ever, MLB now utilizes a pitch clock. Each inning break will be two minutes and 15 seconds, and there will be only 30 seconds allowed in between batters. Pitchers must begin their windup before the clock expires. They will have just 15 seconds between pitches with no runners on base, or 20 seconds with runners on base, to start their motion. If the timer hits zero, the runner gets an automatic ball.

Hitters will also be impacted by the time constraints. Batters must be in the box and looking at the pitcher in eight seconds or less, or else they get an automatic strike.

DISH Network does not carry Root Sports. DirecTV Stream does. No contract, cancel anytime.

I'm not a HUGE Mariners fan....but if they keep playing the way they're playing, it would be fun to witness the ride. Could be epic.

QUESTION: Can you share your DirecTV Stream account?
Yes, you can share your DirecTV Stream account and stream on (3) three devices simultaneously.

Looking for (2) two partners. $37.00 a month. Cancel when the Season is over, either October or the World Series.

Let me know if you're interested.
This isn't a bad idea and I would probably be all over it but I have access to cable. I would never pay for cable because I believe streaming is where its at but fortunately for me I don't have to pay to enjoy my cable access.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
This isn't a bad idea and I would probably be all over it but I have access to cable. I would never pay for cable because I believe streaming is where its at but fortunately for me I don't have to pay to enjoy my cable access.
Mlbtv, free with t mobils cell phone rock, every game. Use a smart dns to avoid blackouts

Mlbtv, free with t mobils cell phone rock, every game. Use a smart dns to avoid blackouts
Wait. We're T-Mobile people and I tried this, but was blacked out.

What is a smart DNS? I suppose I can Bing it, (I mean Google it).

Can I smartcast my phone to the TV screen?

Okay, I just Binged it. Next: YouTube for more knowledge.
Question: Do you use NordVPN? $4.00 a month?
Will it work using a Roku?

Last edited:

I use smart dns proxy, to work with roku you need to disable google dns. I couldnt figure that out so i broadcast it from my computer screen to my tv. It worked on my old roku, appatently roku has built into it technology that reveals location

I use NordVPN for my computer.

I use smart dns proxy, to work with roku you need to disable google dns. I couldnt figure that out so i broadcast it from my computer screen to my tv. It worked on my old roku, appatently roku has built into it technology that reveals location
Another service is called unlocator, it works well. I changed when it quit working, erroneously blaming unlocator when in fact it was my new roku stick blocking me

Another service is called unlocator, it works well. I changed when it quit working, erroneously blaming unlocator when in fact it was my new roku stick blocking me
Just finished decluttering and cleaning out the garage. I have an old Roku player sitting in my donation pile. Was about to head to Goodwill. I just might keep the legacy Roku player.

Do I access through the MLB app via Roku? How does it know I'm a T-Mobile customer?

Just finished decluttering and cleaning out the garage. I have an old Roku player sitting in my donation pile. Was about to head to Goodwill. I just might keep the legacy Roku player.

Do I access through the MLB app via Roku? How does it know I'm a T-Mobile customer?
Neex to get signed up through t mobile, might have to contact them for a link or something, it comes out in the spring via text

Neex to get signed up through t mobile, might have to contact them for a link or something, it comes out in the spring via text
I downloaded the app when T-Mobile announced it's promotion, then realized I was tricked to thinking I can stream the Mariners, but local games are blacked out.

YouTube has everything and all the answers I need. I'll YouTube it. Not excited about using a Smart DNS becuase theres's always painful trials and tribulations when setting up something like this....to get the breakthrough.

I downloaded the app when T-Mobile announced it's promotion, then realized I was tricked to thinking I can stream the Mariners, but local games are blacked out.

YouTube has everything and all the answers I need. I'll YouTube it. Not excited about using a Smart DNS becuase theres's always painful trials and tribulations when setting up something like this....to get the breakthrough.
What’s their blackout region. Is it just puget sound/WWa or all of Wa?

Yes, but do I have to go into my Modem/Router and change the VPN, or will it change automatically when via NordVPN?
Note: Using eero mesh router via Fiber.
Usually I just log onto my NordVPN, I connect to a server, and then swap it to a different part of the country (or a completely separate country, if needed) and then things work for that specific device you're logged into. I've never done it for my TV (so I cannot speak to that), as I queue it up on my laptop. I've never messed with my router/modem, etc. I use Fiber internet.

Just make sure whatever zip/area server you switch to isn't in the same market as the team the M's are playing. Example: if M's are playing Houston, I would make sure to not set that server to anywhere near Texas, so you aren't blacked out there, either.

We actually got MLB.TV after the ASG to watch another club and to try it out. It's great...except if you're in the blackout market of the team you want to watch.

Fubo is not a bad option, gets you all the local channels, ESPN, Fox sports Root, Pac 12 other conferences, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, Golf and many more sports channels, and all the channels cable carries, only draw back no TBS or TNT.. $85 a month and you can share 10 devices. Cancel cable and move on.

MLB app is now $20 / month for one team $25 / all teams

single team one year $35

commercials are minimal

can stream on multiple devices

Last edited:
Speaking of the Mariners…damn. I thought the wheels were gonna start to fall off after those 3 heartbreakers in a row. This team is resilient AF. That game last night was wild. 0-17 with RISP and they eke out a win off their pitching. If ANYONE on this team can get a hit with guys on base they could be a dangerous team.

Speaking of the Mariners…damn. I thought the wheels were gonna start to fall off after those 3 heartbreakers in a row. This team is resilient AF. That game last night was wild. 0-17 with RISP and they eke out a win off their pitching. If ANYONE on this team can get a hit with guys on base they could be a dangerous team.
I do not follow MLB or really the M's - but went on ESPN and damn, 67-55? 5 games back? Might have to start paying attention.

I do not follow MLB or really the M's - but went on ESPN and damn, 67-55? 5 games back? Might have to start paying attention.
They got pitching and defense. And just enough hitting and the bats have really heated up. Julio has been on an insane tear. If they stay healthy they are going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

They got pitching and defense. And just enough hitting and the bats have really heated up. Julio has been on an insane tear. If they stay healthy they are going to be a tough out in the playoffs.
Back when I gave a shit, the best moment was when Randy Johnson came out in relief after pitching I don't know how many innings the night before. I think this is the clip.

Fixed the link.

Last edited:
Reactions: WindyCityCoug
Back when I gave a shit, the best moment was when Randy Johnson came out in relief after pitching I don't know how many innings the night before. I think this is the clip.

Another W tonight. Bullying the astros now! Julio w 4 more hits, 17 in 4 games sets MLB record. Going for the sweep tomorrow then a stretch of games against some bad teams and a chance to close in on the rangers.

Reactions: LeachPack
Another W tonight. Bullying the astros now! Julio w 4 more hits, 17 in 4 games sets MLB record. Going for the sweep tomorrow then a stretch of games against some bad teams and a chance to close in on the rangers.
They were impressive again today. Gilbert didn’t quite have it, which made his outing all the more impressive. Julio is simply in a zone. Dylan Moore with 2 HRs & Marlowe with a triple and a 2 or 3 tough outs in left with his glove.

JP expected back next week is also good news.

yes. They drive me crazy with the inability to drive in runs with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs but their pitching keeps almost every game close. They needed someone to get hot offensively but what Julio has done the last 4 games is well past hot. Beating the Astro's in Houston is as good as it gets.

It’s free with T-Moble customers. Blacked-Out in WA, OR, MT, ID, and AK for local games.
Ownership sucks. I ditched them years ago because of that. Nintendo didn't care and now John Stanton just wants money. I'll support a MLB team that has actually given two s**ts, and it ain't Seattle. ROOT sucks, which is Mariners owned. The only good talent on there is Aaron Goldsmith. Dave Sims is trash.

If the organization cared, they wouldn't black out their main audience.

Ownership sucks. I ditched them years ago because of that. Nintendo didn't care and now John Stanton just wants money. I'll support a MLB team that has actually given two s**ts, and it ain't Seattle. ROOT sucks, which is Mariners owned. The only good talent on there is Aaron Goldsmith. Dave Sims is trash.

I can see how people feel this way. They made some disastrous moves w the previous GM and gutted their farm system. Unless you are the Yankees or Red Sox the only way to maintain a winner is to build through the farm system. They now have one of the top groups of prospects in the league. Could they spend more and get another bat or two? Probably. But IMO they are going about this in a way to build a competitive team for the long haul, and not just try and load up for a couple year Hail Mary run.

Reactions: cougcowboy

I’ve often wondered if Lincstrong was running the PAC the last dozen years.

Reactions: LeachPack
Was a fun game to watch. Aggressive baserunning, stolen bases... and they were hitting the shit out of the Astros pitchers.

Bats have heated up, which is a must because defense is just average.

Fixed the link.

We were there and it was amazing. There was quite a roar when Randy walked down to the bullpen, and the place went absolutely insane when he was summoned to the mound. Chills up and down the spine! 1995 was quite the ride, so much fun to have the Kingdome rocking like that, game after game. Pretty good chance that moment was the craziest ever in the Kingdome!

Come on bandwagon dudes! We are in 1st Place in the AL West.

Blowing past the Royals, today, (Saturday). 15-2 final. 6 home runs set a new Mariners record!
Won the last 10 out of 11. Hottest team in baseball.

I am not interested the NordVPN workaround.

Who wants to split a DirectTV Stream for a few months and join me in watching both their home and away games? If we get 2 more people, it's $37 a month, cancel in October. Cancel anytime.

Who's in?

Last edited:
We were there and it was amazing. There was quite a roar when Randy walked down to the bullpen, and the place went absolutely insane when he was summoned to the mound. Chills up and down the spine! 1995 was quite the ride, so much fun to have the Kingdome rocking like that, game after game. Pretty good chance that moment was the craziest ever in the Kingdome!
Was on campus for that game adjacent to Adams Mall. You could hear what seemed to be the entire campus erupt.

Come on bandwagon dudes! We are tied for 1st Place in the AL West.

Blowing past the Royals, today, (Saturday). 14-1 lead in the 8th. 6 home runs set a new Mariners record!
Won the last 9 out of 10. Hottest team in baseball.

I am not interested the NordVPN workaround.

Who wants to split a DirectTV Stream for a few months and join me in watching both their home and away games? If we get 2 more people, it's $37 a month, cancel in October. Cancel anytime.

Who's in?
I'll go.

I just subbed to Apple + to watch last nights game. My pirate streams are going to crap lately.

Let me know when we get 1 more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT