ADVERTISEMENT

OT POLITICAL THREAD(Jan 6 riots, etc)

Under the laws of the United States, there is a presumption of innocence and one is legally allowable to invoke the 5th amendment.

It would be nice if Hunter and Joe Biden were also given the opportunity to invoke the 5th amendment.

As for me, I'm completely satisfied with the outcome for either Trump or Hunter/Joe - and both can invoke the 5th to their hearts content.

But don't have one set of rules for the goose and another for the gander. Where's there's smoke, there's usually fire. It's the FBI and DOJ's job to put aside politics and communicate their findings. There should be no perception of favoritism or lack of objectivity - and until that perception is resolved, this is going to continue to divide the nation.
The FBI has just lost what little credibility they had with the public at large. We already knew they've been compromised starting with Hilary's email debacle. Then it was Russia-Gate, the General Flynn sabotage, etc... Fast forward to what just happened recently and one has to believe by now that the FBI is being run by partisan hacks that need to be gutted from service. Garland is such a POS as well. He is on a warpath wreaking havoc on anyone affiliated with preventing him from being a Supreme Court judge. Thank God he isn't because this man is absolutely destructive. Telling FBI to classify parents who voice their concern over school curriculum to label them as domestic terrorists? I mean WTF?

The FBI has just lost what little credibility they had with the public at large. We already knew they've been compromised starting with Hilary's email debacle. Then it was Russia-Gate, the General Flynn sabotage, etc... Fast forward to what just happened recently and one has to believe by now that the FBI is being run by partisan hacks that need to be gutted from service. Garland is such a POS as well. He is on a warpath wreaking havoc on anyone affiliated with preventing him from being a Supreme Court judge. Thank God he isn't because this man is absolutely destructive. Telling FBI to classify parents who voice their concern over school curriculum to label them as domestic terrorists? I mean WTF?
Public at large? No they didn’t. They lost it with the 30% of the population that eats BS for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
So we are to believe the FBI isn't compromised? You want make that the hill you die on?
Compromised is a bit of a broad brush don’t you think? Thousands of FBI agents, are there a couple who have taken bribes or something? For sure. Just like any walk of life. There’s a couple people at your company that did/have done shady shit. It’s why police departments have IA. The 2% rule.

No, I don’t think anyones “out to get” Trump
anymore than Hillary or any other political figure. Trumps a lifelong scumbag who’s proven time and again he will F others over for his own benefit. I still think the process should play out before any assumption he’s guilty of anything though.
But saying the process is corrupt is nothing more than an easy out if you don’t get the result you want just like saying the election was rigged before the results were ever in, the refs are against us, the other team cheats, etc. baseless whining from fanatics. Nothing more nothing less.

So we are to believe the FBI isn't compromised? You want make that the hill you die on?
And yet there is no actual evidence to support this conjecture that is coming from a chorus of rightwing extremists, fascist media and nut jobs wailing about the perceived wrongs committed against your Dear Leader.

And yet there is no actual evidence to support this conjecture that is coming from a chorus of rightwing extremists, fascist media and nut jobs wailing about the perceived wrongs committed against your Dear Leader.
I bet you believe Joe Biden runs this country? Trump isn't my dear leader nor have I claimed him to be. In fact, I've stated many times on here as such, but your foaming at the mouth hatred for Trump doesn't allow for variance of opinion. I can dislike Trump and opine on the obvious bias the FBI displays in how they "serve justice". The FBI has become weaponized by the Democratic party to go after political opposition. Here's to hoping that more FBI whistleblowers come forward after the sh!tshow that went down in FL. Fascist media? That is rife with richness! I mean ok...... That's why corporate media outlets are having to pay out millions in defamation lawsuits because they are telling the truth?

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Since they are compromised you must believe the prisoner release of all the cases that involves the fbi.

So Christopher Wray who trunp appointed is compromised ? He had to sign off on the “perfect raid”.

Garland is compromised …. Bill Barr is compromised and a Rino. Same with Trumps White House counsel. Ivanka who said the election wasn’t stolen . The only person who isn’t compromised , the only honest person is Trunp according to your narrative . And if they find documents in his house that weren’t suppose to be there … planted correct ?

Here is a question ….why do you think trunp simply didn’t respond to the subpoena and didn’t return the docs that were requested ?

Sure seems like trouble sure follows Jaba around . You would think a guy as smart as he claims to be would avoid all this trouble.

And Garland wants to be transparent .Jaba could have had released the information surrounding the “perfect raid”. Trump said of course he wants the court to release the documents but what are the chances he goes to court and says yes release them? Here is what I predict he will say “ I want to release them but but attorneys said no”. That will be Jabas soon.

Last edited:
I bet you believe Joe Biden runs this country? Trump isn't my dear leader nor have I claimed him to be. In fact, I've stated many times on here as such, but your foaming at the mouth hatred for Trump doesn't allow for variance of opinion. I can dislike Trump and opine on the obvious bias the FBI displays in how they "serve justice". The FBI has become weaponized by the Democratic party to go after political opposition. Here's to hoping that more FBI whistleblowers come forward after the sh!tshow that went down in FL. Fascist media? That is rife with richness! I mean ok...... That's why corporate media outlets are having to pay out millions in defamation lawsuits because they are telling the truth?
And yet 99.99% of what you post is regurgitated rightwing conspiratorial FOX MAGAverse nonsense.

At this time the only people upset about what happened in Florida are Trump worshippers - everybody else expressing outrage are only pretending to be outraged in order to exploit the former.

Last edited:
Wait...Michael fifth...I mean Flynn,,,,the guy who plead the 5th when asked if he believed in the peaceful transfer of power....the guy who wanted to initiate a plan for Marshal Law and did everything to over turn the election and was pardoned for lying to the FBI. These are the good guys in your story? Wow...just wow

Reactions: Coug1990
I’m not a Seahawks fan but I want the refs to get murdered every time they lose. LMFAO…as dumb as it is to be in this cult it’s even dumber when you won’t admit it.

So first off if Hunter did something nefarious, and he probably did, throw the book at him absolutely.
But it’s confusing how you can say this is politicized when Wray was Trumps hand picked guy. Just doesn’t make sense. Wray heads the FBI. Not an Obama appointee…Trumps. That said I 100% agree it’s going to further divide the country but if there was cause for it and turns out there’s serious wrongdoing, what…they shouldn’t have done it still for the fear of looking political? Lastly, how much more transparent do you want them to be? They are unsealing the warrant which is as transparent as they can get right now.
Fact is country is going to be divided no matter what. The fan club wants Trump to be above the law because it makes them feel special too. He could literally be caught on video, on a wire, selling nuclear secrets to the Saudis, and 99% of y’all would make excuses, call it fake and blame the FBI or whoever else. The Rs and your news personalities would keep lying because they know it will get eaten up…no concern at all for some random FBI agent who’s served the country admirably for years, and gets killed by some fan club lunatic...back the blue right? Rinse and repeat.

Perception is reality. And the FBI has a big big big issue right now with how they are perceived.

So much so that it could put the country into a spot from which is may never return.

If they care about the country, they'll do whatever is necessary to improve their image. They should always be above reproach and maintain professional neutrality over politics.

Protect and serve or some such naive nonsense.

Reactions: CougInSpain
Under the laws of the United States, there is a presumption of innocence and one is legally allowable to invoke the 5th amendment.

It would be nice if Hunter and Joe Biden were also given the opportunity to invoke the 5th amendment.

As for me, I'm completely satisfied with the outcome for either Trump or Hunter/Joe - and both can invoke the 5th to their hearts content.

But don't have one set of rules for the goose and another for the gander. Where's there's smoke, there's usually fire. It's the FBI and DOJ's job to put aside politics and communicate their findings. There should be no perception of favoritism or lack of objectivity - and until that perception is resolved, this is going to continue to divide the nation.
Did I say otherwise regarding the 5th. It was Dandy Don who disparaged the right, not me. The Trump appointed FBI director approved the action. If that isn't good enough, what ever will be -- a bipartisan action by definition. Republicans and the "stolen election" narrative give them no credibility on the bias/lack of objectivity front. Peddling partisan nonsense for more than two years does that.

Reactions: Coug1990 and Coug90
Perception is reality. And the FBI has a big big big issue right now with how they are perceived.

So much so that it could put the country into a spot from which is may never return.
Perception most definitely is not reality - but it can become reality for the feeble minded.

Your second paragraph - which is oft-repeated by the rightwing lunatic fringe - will only become a reality if dumb uneducated hilllbillies keep consuming rightwing FOX MAGAverse propaganda - that’s how you create and nurture Y’all-Qaeda crazies.

If they care about the country, they'll do whatever is necessary to improve their image. They should always be above reproach and maintain professional neutrality over politics.

Ok fine. When is anything that happens within the government not going to be seen as political? We are at a point where it’s always going to be political how cops interact with people based on their race, etc. There’s nothing that’s not somehow construed as political now. You trying to say this great divide started with Biden? Having a black president, particularly one with a name like Obama…followed by a guy who personifies white privilege and spews hate is what’s amplified the divide.
So because it’s going to further the divide, we should just let everything go? Look, I’m not for politicians trading stocks, if Pelosi has insider traded then give her the Martha Stewart treatment IDGAF.
you’re so worried about this divide, you think FBI agents should be in danger for their lives right now? Cuz there’s thousands of good honest agents that would get thumped by a gang of Maga asshats right now if they walked around the wrong corner because your team is vilifying the entire agency with zero evidence they’ve done anything not 100% by the book.

Return to what ? Legit question? Staying above reproach is to do what ever trump wants them to do . Trump is spot on when he says he can shoot someone on fifth avenue .

The default position it is people are out to get him . Regardless of the circumstance and evidence . Republicans believe in blue lives matter until they investigate trump .

Bannon said it best … we are at war . He is spit on , there is a civil war going on . I know long term just by numbers how it will play out if we continue to choose to have a democracy . I am not sure that is the form of government “we the people” want.

C’mon man. This guy is a POS. He wants these people who are doing their jobs to be in danger. How can anyone defend and cheer for this scum? WTF is wrong with you? Be a R. Be a conservative. Find a new guy and flush this turd.

C’mon man. This guy is a POS. He wants these people who are doing their jobs to be in danger. How can anyone defend and cheer for this scum? WTF is wrong with you? Be a R. Be a conservative. Find a new guy and flush this turd.

Sadly, cults don't work that way. Most Jim Jones followers actually drank the Kool Aid willingly, and fed it to their children. Only the "dirt bath," his or theirs, will free them of the orange one's hold.

If this is true, it is truly despicable.

• Overall, we rate Political Flare far left-biased and Questionable based on the promotion of conspiracy theories, left-wing propaganda, lack of transparency, and publication of false information.

• Haha
Reactions: CougInSpain
The release of the FBI agent names was done by Breitbart - they did not redact the names when they published the warrant to search Mar-a-Lago.

• Overall, we rate Political Flare far left-biased and Questionable based on the promotion of conspiracy theories, left-wing propaganda, lack of transparency, and publication of false information.
Breitbart published. Right wing media. Trump had the warrant. They didn’t redact. Unsealed warrant redacted them for good reason. He wanted their names public. Scum.

Breitbart published. Right wing media. Trump had the warrant. They didn’t redact. Unsealed warrant redacted them for good reason. He wanted their names public. Scum.
You most likely are correct. Breitbart got ahold of it first and clearly they got it from the Trump camp. With all the hatred the rightwing media is stirring up against the FBI it was obvious what not redacting those names would do - put Federal law enforcement lives in danger.
They next gave it to the WSJ which employs a rightwing lunatic fringe editorial staff but the newsroom is still intact and handled it properly.

Here’s a related hilarious short from the Daily Show that points out how FOX treats H Clinton and Drumpf completely the opposite:

So to combat the lunatic roght fringe you two post links to political flare and the daily show Trevor Noah? All you guys are a bunch of loonies.
Loonies combating loonies? Good one. What you apparently fail to realize is The Daily Show is a comedy show. And anybody who knows anything about cults knows full well Trumpcoug, CouginSpain etc are a lost cause.

From an outsiders perspective it looks like two sides of the same coin arguing who is more fringe. Really? Daily Show is comedy? Used to be a big fan with Johnathan Stewart and actually the news and interviews were as good if not better the "real" cable new show no mater what the network is. Not so much anymore. Decided Trevor Noah was only good for leftist low hanging fruit.

From an outsiders perspective it looks like two sides of the same coin arguing who is more fringe. Really? Daily Show is comedy? Used to be a big fan with Johnathan Stewart and actually the news and interviews were as good if not better the "real" cable new show no mater what the network is. Not so much anymore. Decided Trevor Noah was only good for leftist low hanging fruit.
Just because you don’t find it funny doesn’t mean it’s not comedy. Your confusion is further illuminated when you refer to what Jon Stewart presented as “news”; it most certainly was not “news”. Why is it that so much of our population fails to understand the differences between news, editorial and entertainment?
But I do appreciate your unintended comedy on being an outsider and false equivalency.

As an outsider, how does one show lack of partisanship if they are appointed by the President, Is the only way if Biden for example hired Bill Barr to make any work done by the DOJ legit? Well it can't be Bill Barr cause he is tainted because he didn't support Trumps position on the election being stolen. The attorney that wrote up the charges was hired during the Trump years. The FBI director who signed off on the raid was appointed by Trump. It truly sounds like to me Trump simply should not be looked into because anything he does is a witch hunt.

So that means we should be OK with a leader who sat and did zip when "visitors" broke through windows and tried to find Pence, Pelosi and AOC. That should not even be looked at to see what his participation was in the riot.

A President who wasnt exactly tight lipped when it came to top secret stuff, we should be ok with him having the stuff at his home at the resort.

But I do have to ask the following, out of 46 Presidents, who do you think the majority of people would say is the most likely President to monetize documentation from the White House? Who of the 46 Presidents do you believe people would say is the most likely President to accidently to divulge top secret material?

From what I have gathered, any look into Trump or associates will always be a witch hunt even tho Flynn, Manafort, Stone were all convicted in a court of law for their misdeeds. I guess the curious thing to me is Trump cant go a day without lying, and he is the person people trust over Christopher Wray, Bill Barr, Pence etc etc.

If I could devise a mathematical equation that may represent how you feel about the state of things in the political arena...

Donald Trump > Republican party> national security.

From what I have read, because Hillary got away with it, and Hunter hasn't been charged yet, (case is still ongoing) being equally fair is more important than getting sensitive info out of a resort. Are you really ok if say one of the Trump aids sold info to Russia for financial gain or the prospect of doing so ? All in the name of being "fair"?

The one thing we could always count on from the Republican Party is law and order, where blue lives matter. Trumps people just outed two FBI agents who may have families, they are getting doxed on social media. These guys are only doing their job and now their lives are in danger. What if that was your brother, what if that person is a Coug? Serious, we are ok with this, and we are ok with a person who would do that?

As an outsider, how does one show lack of partisanship if they are appointed by the President, Is the only way if Biden for example hired Bill Barr to make any work done by the DOJ legit? Well it can't be Bill Barr cause he is tainted because he didn't support Trumps position on the election being stolen. The attorney that wrote up the charges was hired during the Trump years. The FBI director who signed off on the raid was appointed by Trump. It truly sounds like to me Trump simply should not be looked into because anything he does is a witch hunt.

So that means we should be OK with a leader who sat and did zip when "visitors" broke through windows and tried to find Pence, Pelosi and AOC. That should not even be looked at to see what his participation was in the riot.

A President who wasnt exactly tight lipped when it came to top secret stuff, we should be ok with him having the stuff at his home at the resort.

But I do have to ask the following, out of 46 Presidents, who do you think the majority of people would say is the most likely President to monetize documentation from the White House? Who of the 46 Presidents do you believe people would say is the most likely President to accidently to divulge top secret material?

From what I have gathered, any look into Trump or associates will always be a witch hunt even tho Flynn, Manafort, Stone were all convicted in a court of law for their misdeeds. I guess the curious thing to me is Trump cant go a day without lying, and he is the person people trust over Christopher Wray, Bill Barr, Pence etc etc.

If I could devise a mathematical equation that may represent how you feel about the state of things in the political arena...

Donald Trump > Republican party> national security.

From what I have read, because Hillary got away with it, and Hunter hasn't been charged yet, (case is still ongoing) being equally fair is more important than getting sensitive info out of a resort. Are you really ok if say one of the Trump aids sold info to Russia for financial gain or the prospect of doing so ? All in the name of being "fair"?

The one thing we could always count on from the Republican Party is law and order, where blue lives matter. Trumps people just outed two FBI agents who may have families, they are getting doxed on social media. These guys are only doing their job and now their lives are in danger. What if that was your brother, what if that person is a Coug? Serious, we are ok with this, and we are ok with a person who would do that?
Tris....Stewart made a point with Bill O'Reilly (maybe it was Chris Wallace) in a long interview back in 2015, that the fox interviewer was trying to equate what Stewart did with Fox News. Stewart was clear, his show was comedy, that the show that was on before his show was a cartoon. That his show wasn't news, and it was humor that was slanted..

Last edited:
Like I said leftist low hanging fruit. Yup funny.
leftist low hanging fruit:
Trump: those documents were planted!
Also Trump: I declassified those documents!

You don’t need any news source, he literally tells you who he is and what he’s doing. Trump himself is the low hanging fruit. Some will pick it, others will go dig through a pile of squirrel turds for nuts that Trump and Tucker told them tastes better.

Oh look at the lefties all bagging on triscuit one at the same time. You guys must feel great about yourselves.

Embarrassing.

This thread is a microcosm of our country. Glad I don't live there anymore! Politics and fighting 24/7

Think might be hard to imagine in your corner of the lunatic fringe, but people can think Trevor Noah is a leftist noob and think Trump is a dangerous idiot. That you can't see that only show how far off in the fringe you are.

And yet 99.99% of what you post is regurgitated rightwing conspiratorial FOX MAGAverse nonsense.

At this time the only people upset about what happened in Florida are Trump worshippers - everybody else expressing outrage are only pretending to be outraged in order to exploit the former.
I love it.... The only response you and all the other leftwing nut jobs here offer up when there are legitimate concerns about some of the shady sh!t that goes on within our government is that its MAGA RIGHTWING CONSPIRACIES HATCHED BY FOXNEWS (now imagine a purlple-haired fat faced moron fire breathing that sentence out their mouth as you read it). Yet, every time we get further into the "scandal" it ends up being true. No one is worshipping Trump here. You have been compromised and are incapable of thinking for yourself at this point. We get it, you hate this country. People who do think for themselves see what is happening within the FBI as a dangerous precedent being set. How can you possibly breathe with your head lodged so far up your anus?

Think might be hard to imagine in your corner of the lunatic fringe, but people can think Trevor Noah is a leftist noob and think Trump is a dangerous idiot. That you can't see that only show how far off in the fringe you are.
Triscuit...one can hold those two thoughts. I guess I would just make a minor but important point in my mind.

One, the comparison to Jon Stewart and claiming he was news I think is inaccurate. He has even pointed out that his show is preceded by cartoons.

Second, to compare anyone to Stewart I think will come up short. I will watch Trevor from time to time, and he has his moments, but never missed Stewart. His brilliance is off the chart.

Third, quite frankly currently the material provided by the democrats doesn't have the same spoofability about it. Stewart went spoofed everyone, but there was simply more material from the right. You can't make stuff up like a president using a sharpie to expand the hurricane zone just so he can be seen as correct, or that of MTG calling a US law enforcement "gazpacho". You may believe AOC has crazy policy ideas, but she doesn't provide those types of moments.

I think if we just stick to this recent case involving the FBI and a new attorney general that wasn't serving to deal with the rights obsession with come and clinton, we clearly have to just see where the evidence leads regarding documents seized attorney Mara lago. I can wait and withhold judgement, can you? It seems you've already reached the conclusion that this current DOJ and FBI are completely untrustworthy and that the benefit of the doubt should be granted to trump.

I trust things will sort themselves out to a fair and legitimate conclusion. That's all I have to say about that.
I love it.... The only response you and all the other leftwing nut jobs here offer up when there are legitimate concerns about some of the shady sh!t that goes on within our government is that its MAGA RIGHTWING CONSPIRACIES HATCHED BY FOXNEWS (now imagine a purlple-haired fat faced moron fire breathing that sentence out their mouth as you read it). Yet, every time we get further into the "scandal" it ends up being true. No one is worshipping Trump here. You have been compromised and are incapable of thinking for yourself at this point. We get it, you hate this country. People who do think for themselves see what is happening within the FBI as a dangerous precedent being set. How can you possibly breathe with your head lodged so far up your anus?

Spain...I guess as a "leftist" as you would like to lump folks, why wouldn't you or others who support Trump after some of the stuff he has lied about, simply take a wait and see approach. He has shown a penchant for lying, going back to his inauguration. His lies about the election.

In my eyes he would be much more credible if he simply stuck to one lie. He claimed to the public dominion voting machines were rigged. But never went in court and said that. That is documented Rudy went into court and said we are not claiming we know of voting fraud or can prove it.

Then it was Italian satellites that changed votes. Then ballot drops even tho the republican sec of states said it didn't happen. Then it was more ballots came in than went out, and claims it didn't match the voter roll...it did. The the dog hate the homework excuse.

This time he didn't have the files, then he did, but if he did stuff was planted. Then I do have the files but nothing is classified. Then we find out there were classified documents but they weren't because he declassified them even tho there is no record. And now he is claiming they are his because of executive privilege. It sure seems if he stuck to one story it would create a lot less doubt in my mind. And polling shows 57% of the country supported the raid.

Sort of like someone killing me....and saying the hammer fell off the shelf and hit me in the head. ED doesn't own a hammer, he is allergic to work says the homicide detective.

The accused says , he came at me like a crazy man,-detective says the blow was to the back of the head.

The accused says he came at me back peddling- detective says he is paralyzed from the waist down.

The accused-Barrack Obama did it.

The DOJ for the most part are asking questions they already know the answer to.

So who do you trust. How do you ever trust the FBI. The director was appointed by Trump. The attorney who drafted the search warrant was hired during the trump years. Even if Biden kept Bill Barr as AG, people wouldnt not trust him because they believe Trump (proven liar) over him. And you had a judge sign off on teh warrant.

That means Wray (Trump appointee) is corrupt, Garland is corrupt, the attorney (hired during the Trump years) who wrote up the filing is corrupt, the judge who signed off on it is corrupt. The only believable person in this story is the person who has changed his story five times. It remains interesting to me, that loyal folks to Trump for years are now rinos cause they don't defend him blindly. again, not sure why the republican party simply don't take the short term bullet and cut him off at the knees and have someone like Desantis run. Someone who is the same but without the baggage.

This thread is a microcosm of our country. Glad I don't live there anymore! Politics and fighting 24/7
Perhaps. I believe most of the country is fairly moderate but there is a significant rightwing that is getting more and more radicalized, has an outsized influence and is becoming a serious threat to our democracy. And that there is much smaller but noisy far left that is relatively inconsequential; they are too poorly organized and lack the numbers to be little more than a minor nuisance but they are a great source of material for the fascists to generate outrage and stoke the culture war.
And I am very happy I live where I do but am thankful I have options if the fascists manage to radicalize more of the conservative base and usurp our democracy.

I think if we just stick to this recent case involving the FBI and a new attorney general that wasn't serving to deal with the rights obsession with come and clinton, we clearly have to just see where the evidence leads regarding documents seized attorney Mara lago. I can wait and withhold judgement, can you? It seems you've already reached the conclusion that this current DOJ and FBI are completely untrustworthy and that the benefit of the doubt should be granted to trump.

I trust things will sort themselves out to a fair and legitimate conclusion. That's all I have to say about that.
You know this is probably the most logical statement I've heard so far. To answer your question, so far the information and evidence out there suggests that this was a political hit job. Not only that, but the FBI hasn't had the best track record as of the last 6-7 years not being able to hide its obvious bias'. But that's just my opinion based on their proven history. Like leftists do so often, I haven't made any determinations as to exactly why things went down the way they did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT