ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Yellowstone

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Well shit. So it's official that Costner will not return. So WTH is the plot going to be? Much as I love the show and the other actors, him disappearing is a killer. I don't even want to watch it.

Seems like a "who's got a bigger dick" fight between him and Dipshit Taylor Sheridan. You can't tell me that they could not have reached a deal where Costner shows up for a week and tapes his demise or impeachment or runs off with Summer or something. And I think and hope it backfires on him, as his already panned epic movie series will lose a lot of interest IMHO. I wo't go see it. F him. And Sheridan? Who wants to watch "6666" starring Jimmy and set in dusty Texas?

I'm really bummed. I love the show.

Loyal, are you working as a "Yellowstone" extra again this year?

Seems like a fun chance to hob nob with the actors and other big shots

Loyal, are you working as a "Yellowstone" extra again this year?

Seems like a fun chance to hob nob with the actors and other big shots
Pete - no I had an invite but did not. Too far to go this time.

And I am not bummed that Costner's Horizon movie bombed at the box office this weekend. Major mistake for him not to rejoin Yellowstone for at least some sort of exit. Lost a lot of fans IMHO. Including me. Not sure I will even watch the last episodes. Sure as F won't go to see Horizon.

I was duped the past few weeks with the dozens of Kevin Costner appearances from Jimmy Fallon to Rich Eison promoted his 4 movie saga Horizon that opened last Thursday. Costner funded almost 90% of his own money, even took a mortgage out of one of his houses, and sat down with the kids and told them, are you okay with this risk, because if you're not...this is your inheritance.

The western, (Saga # 2 releases on August 17th), is one of the worst movies I've seen in over a decade. It was so slow, so slow and no plot, whatsoever. Oh, did I say it's 3 hours long?

Honestly, it was so slow and mish mash.....crazy how bad it was. There were only 3 scenes that I liked, and that was a total of 15 minutes. The rest of the movie was awful, and I wanted to like it, which is why we saw it on Sunday.

Feel sorry for Costner, but we were duped. Totally an awful, horrible movie, and I love westerns.

I was duped the past few weeks with the dozens of Kevin Costner appearances from Jimmy Fallon to Rich Eison promoted his 4 movie saga Horizon that opened last Thursday. Costner funded almost 90% of his own money, even took a mortgage out of one of his houses, and sat down with the kids and told them, are you okay with this risk, because if you're not...this is your inheritance.

The western, (Saga # 2 releases on August 17th), is one of the worst movies I've seen in over a decade. It was so slow, so slow and no plot, whatsoever. Oh, did I say it's 3 hours long?

Honestly, it was so slow and mish mash.....crazy how bad it was. There were only 3 scenes that I liked, and that was a total of 15 minutes. The rest of the movie was awful, and I wanted to like it, which is why we saw it on Sunday.

Feel sorry for Costner, but we were duped. Totally an awful, horrible movie, and I love westerns.
I read elsewhere that Costner doesn't even appear all that much in the film. I guess being the Director he had to be on set all the time, otherwise I would muse "he couldn't find a week to zip up to Montana from Utah and film a handful of scenes?".

I read elsewhere that Costner doesn't even appear all that much in the film. I guess being the Director he had to be on set all the time, otherwise I would muse "he couldn't find a week to zip up to Montana from Utah and film a handful of scenes?".
He was in it for about 30 minutes of the 3 hours. No plot whatsoever, mish-mash....and I'm not exaggerating. Must be ego....because everyone told him NO, and he did it anyways.

It was on his heart to tell the story for over 20 years, but he should have hired someone that would at least made it a success.

He basically took his entire net worth, and put it into these 4 films, (2 of which are already done). Can't imagine him paying for # 3 and 4, because of the financial flop in box office receipts.

He's a great guy....but I personally think he just flushed all he had, money wise, down the drain. And he says....he doesn't care.

He was in it for about 30 minutes of the 3 hours. No plot whatsoever, mish-mash....and I'm not exaggerating. Must be ego....because everyone told him NO, and he did it anyways.

It was on his heart to tell the story for over 20 years, but he should have hired someone that would at least made it a success.

He basically took his entire net worth, and put it into these 4 films, (2 of which are already done). Can't imagine him paying for # 3 and 4, because of the financial flop in box office receipts.

He's a great guy....but I personally think he just flushed all he had, money wise, down the drain. And he says....he doesn't care.
Well he may start caring at age 69. Pretty sure no multi-million dollar films or TV shows are on the horizon.

KC: "Taylor, can I come back to Yellowstone for season 5B, 6 and 7?"
Taylor: "Let me poll the rest of the cast and get back to you"

That's too bad. I love westerns as well and hoped these hit. I saw the Horizon trailer and was iffy at best about it. Saw Costner in some of the interviews and basically felt the same way. Maybe Yellowstone's success made him think he couldn't miss?

That's too bad. I love westerns as well and hoped these hit. I saw the Horizon trailer and was iffy at best about it. Saw Costner in some of the interviews and basically felt the same way. Maybe Yellowstone's success made him think he couldn't miss?
I don't think it'll hurt him that badly. Even Waterworld made a profit, and westerns often do pretty well internationally.

Reports say it cost $100M, and Costner put up $38M of that. I doubt that he did that without some sort of assurances - either insurance or a production contract that said his money is last in, first out.

Besides...he's worth closer to $300M. He'll be OK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT