ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Hunter Biden trial

I don't think this is good for Joe Biden at all. It just adds fuel to the "see, they're criminals too" rhetoric and helps to conceal the Trump conviction.

I don't think this is a "good" thing but just like everything else in this election, this is probably the lesser of evils for the Bidens.

As opposed to him being found innocent and "proving" the weaponization of the DOJ, etc. against Trump? No I think this is a good thing.
It doesn’t matter either way. There are basically two massive groups of voters, trump fan clubbers, and those who believe he doesn’t belong anywhere near the Oval Office and will vote for anyone but him. The Hunter thing isn’t gonna make a dent in the people that hate Trump and are scared to death of another 4 years of him.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
It doesn’t matter either way. There are basically two massive groups of voters, trump fan clubbers, and those who believe he doesn’t belong anywhere near the Oval Office and will vote for anyone but him. The Hunter thing isn’t gonna make a dent in the people that hate Trump and are scared to death of another 4 years of him.
It doesn't matter ... Trump could be convicted of rape and he could spin it that he was framed . Then it is a good thing because the woman was from another country.

Trump is a master of throwing crap against a wall and something will stick.

I was just at my local health club and the trainer comes up to me and starts to talk about Hunter . I said sounds like he f up.

Then goes into the laptop and how graphic the photos were . I looked at him and said "I am surprised the DNC allowed Hunter to run for President .

It doesn't matter ... Trump could be convicted of rape and he could spin it that he was framed . Then it is a good thing because the woman was from another country.

Trump is a master of throwing crap against a wall and something will stick.

I was just at my local health club and the trainer comes up to me and starts to talk about Hunter . I said sounds like he f up.

Then goes into the laptop and how graphic the photos were . I looked at him and said "I am surprised the DNC allowed Hunter to run for President .
It’s not that Trump is a master of throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks - you have to have a willing and gullible audience of idiots, lots and lots of idiots, who’ve bought into the personality cult.

It doesn’t matter either way. There are basically two massive groups of voters, trump fan clubbers, and those who believe he doesn’t belong anywhere near the Oval Office and will vote for anyone but him.

Convicted. Good. Send him to jail or whatever the most appropriate sentencing is. Like we should do with everyone who commits and is convicted of a crime. Law & order.

Really? I wasn't aware of these massive groups of voters. Here I thought most of the country was uncommitted at this point. Appreciate the enlightenment.

And my comment about the potential maximum sentence - most murderers and rapists get much less than 25 years. My point was that this is massively excessive for a victimless crime of lying on a form about your drug addiction. Which by itself does not make one a danger to society. Himself maybe.

I don't think this is good for Joe Biden at all. It just adds fuel to the "see, they're criminals too" rhetoric and helps to conceal the Trump conviction.
We'll see what happens with the tax charges in California. If he's found guilty (and again the evidence seems damning), the "Joe Biden uses drug addict son as fall guy" rhetoric will be nauseating.

It's hard to say how big the "both of these guys suck ass and make me want to vomit" group of voters is. Also hard to say whether they will vote or who they will vote for.

It's hard to say how big the "both of these guys suck ass and make me want to vomit" group of voters is. Also hard to say whether they will vote or who they will vote for.
I suppose anything’s possible. Sure seems like much of the country has made up its mind and it’s pretty clear it’s more about Trump than Biden. I don’t think Biden’s getting a lot of votes because of him, it’s more the “anyone but Trump” vote. I don’t think the thing w Hunters gonna swing many but I could be wrong.

FWIW I still think Trump could win. Biden’s got some issues that may hurt him at the ballot box I just don’t think Hunter is one of them. I care more about my insurance being 50% higher than Hunter snorting coke off of some hookers ass crack. Everyone has POS relatives/kids, if anything that makes Joe more relatable!

I suppose anything’s possible. Sure seems like much of the country has made up its mind and it’s pretty clear it’s more about Trump than Biden. I don’t think Biden’s getting a lot of votes because of him, it’s more the “anyone but Trump” vote. I don’t think the thing w Hunters gonna swing many but I could be wrong.

FWIW I still think Trump could win. Biden’s got some issues that may hurt him at the ballot box I just don’t think Hunter is one of them. I care more about my insurance being 50% higher than Hunter snorting coke off of some hookers ass crack. Everyone has POS relatives/kids, if anything that makes Joe more relatable!

Trump's got a narrow lead in the polls, and has a history of being undervalued in them. So, yeah he could win. He could win big. You can use the drop down to check state by state.

Trump's got a narrow lead in the polls, and has a history of being undervalued in them. So, yeah he could win. He could win big. You can use the drop down to check state by state.

He’s not winning big unless something disastrous happens with Biden’s campaign, the economy, or on a global scale. Hunter ain’t it. The only people who chirp about that are the Trump fan boys anyways, and they are voting for him regardless.

polling is an inexact science but interesting to look at. Biden was clearly ahead in polling going into 2020 and he did end up winning big. A lot of people are pissed about inflation and quite frankly should be. I’m expecting a tighter race than last time, and that includes a deeper demographic disadvantage since then for Trump (Trump base expiring, new voters heavy democrat).

He’s not winning big unless something disastrous happens with Biden’s campaign, the economy, or on a global scale. Hunter ain’t it. The only people who chirp about that are the Trump fan boys anyways, and they are voting for him regardless.

polling is an inexact science but interesting to look at. Biden was clearly ahead in polling going into 2020 and he did end up winning big. A lot of people are pissed about inflation and quite frankly should be. I’m expecting a tighter race than last time, and that includes a deeper demographic disadvantage since then for Trump (Trump base expiring, new voters heavy democrat).
What annoys (and scares) me is how many people laud or blame whoever the President is for everything when much of our ups and downs are out of their control. World events, pandemics, weather, you name it. The Trump lovers are simply a level above (in a bad way) in this regard. They don't read the real news. They don't dig into root causes. They completely buy into lies, BS and absurdities. And the sycophants like Speaker Johnson lie through their teeth as well. Quote from Sunday: "I think President Biden’s the worst president in the history of the country, and there may well be impeachable offenses"

The worst President ever? Based on what? Impeachable offenses? Oh? Exactly what would those be? What a lying piece of shit.

I am really looking forward to the debate on June 27, although $5 sez Trump cancels for some phony reason. Those two guys face to face. I hope Biden is smart and needles the shit out of Trump to piss him off so he goes on a rampage. And mocks Trump and stays above the fray.

What annoys (and scares) me is how many people laud or blame whoever the President is for everything when much of our ups and downs are out of their control. World events, pandemics, weather, you name it. The Trump lovers are simply a level above (in a bad way) in this regard. They don't read the real news. They don't dig into root causes. They completely buy into lies, BS and absurdities. And the sycophants like Speaker Johnson lie through their teeth as well. Quote from Sunday: "I think President Biden’s the worst president in the history of the country, and there may well be impeachable offenses"

The worst President ever? Based on what? Impeachable offenses? Oh? Exactly what would those be? What a lying piece of shit.

I am really looking forward to the debate on June 27, although $5 sez Trump cancels for some phony reason. Those two guys face to face. I hope Biden is smart and needles the shit out of Trump to piss him off so he goes on a rampage. And mocks Trump and stays above the fray.
Not only that but most people generally ignore the lag effect that presidential policies have. Biden has plenty of blame for the inflation issue but Trump isn’t blameless himself. If Trump wins again and the economy is in ruins two years into his second term, Biden’s finger prints will be all over it.

Not only that but most people generally ignore the lag effect that presidential policies have. Biden has plenty of blame for the inflation issue but Trump isn’t blameless himself. If Trump wins again and the economy is in ruins two years into his second term, Biden’s finger prints will be all over it.
OK 90, I will bite. According to official figures, (link below), inflation spiked in 2021 and 2022. So by your logic, Trumps fingerprints were all over that dramatic climb. To your credit, you did state that Trump isn't blameless. It settled down to 3.4 in 2023 and appears to be staying around there so far in 2024.

That said, why did inflation soar so much in 2021 and 2022? Could oil prices have contributed to this? Which of course the President has little if any control over. Look below - not sure what happened in 2021. COVID certainly had a huge effect in 2020 when oil plummeted, did starting to come out of it in 2021 have the opposite effect? I dunno. Certain the skyrocketing prices beginning early in 2022 have the Ukraine war all over them.

We could spend hours and days analyzing all the inflationary factors over the years besides oil. And perhaps Presidential policies did have some positive or negative effect on this myriad of factors. But to point to inflation as being 100% Biden's fault is uninformed and just stupid. But that is what Americans prefer. F the facts and factors in anything, and just point to one random stat and then point fingers.

Jan-20$50.96$60.65
Feb-20$43.73$51.91
Mar-20$23.57$28.04
Apr-20$11.18$13.39
May-20$17.80$21.32
Jun-20$31.35$37.34
Jul-20$33.74$39.99
Aug-20$35.17$41.55
Sep-20$32.61$38.47
Oct-20$32.42$38.23
Nov-20$34.26$40.42
Dec-20$40.21$47.40
Jan-21$44.79$52.57
Feb-21$52.11$60.84
Mar-21$55.64$64.50
Apr-21$54.62$62.80
May-21$58.04$66.20
Jun-21$64.39$72.77
Jul-21$65.80$74.00
Aug-21$60.69$68.12
Sep-21$64.37$72.05
Oct-21$74.12$82.28
Nov-21$71.07$78.51
Dec-21$64.47$71.00
Jan-22$75.66$82.63
Feb-22$84.70$91.67
Mar-22$101.92$108.85
Apr-22$98.34$104.44
May-22$97.67$102.60
Jun-22$107.12$111.00
Jul-22$93.12$96.51
Aug-22$84.40$87.50
Sep-22$77.04$79.70
Oct-22$79.72$82.14
Nov-22$77.18$79.60
Dec-22$71.94$74.43
Jan-23$71.46$73.34
Feb-23$69.70$71.14
Mar-23$66.28$67.42
Apr-23$72.22$73.09
May-23$64.58$65.20
Jun-23$63.42$63.82
Jul-23$68.65$68.95
Aug-23$74.42$74.42
Sep-23$82.07$81.87
Oct-23$78.81$78.65
Nov-23$70.32$70.32

Reactions: longtimecoug
OK 90, I will bite. According to official figures, (link below), inflation spiked in 2021 and 2022. So by your logic, Trumps fingerprints were all over that dramatic climb. To your credit, you did state that Trump isn't blameless. It settled down to 3.4 in 2023 and appears to be staying around there so far in 2024.

That said, why did inflation soar so much in 2021 and 2022? Could oil prices have contributed to this? Which of course the President has little if any control over. Look below - not sure what happened in 2021. COVID certainly had a huge effect in 2020 when oil plummeted, did starting to come out of it in 2021 have the opposite effect? I dunno. Certain the skyrocketing prices beginning early in 2022 have the Ukraine war all over them.

We could spend hours and days analyzing all the inflationary factors over the years besides oil. And perhaps Presidential policies did have some positive or negative effect on this myriad of factors. But to point to inflation as being 100% Biden's fault is uninformed and just stupid. But that is what Americans prefer. F the facts and factors in anything, and just point to one random stat and then point fingers.

Jan-20$50.96$60.65
Feb-20$43.73$51.91
Mar-20$23.57$28.04
Apr-20$11.18$13.39
May-20$17.80$21.32
Jun-20$31.35$37.34
Jul-20$33.74$39.99
Aug-20$35.17$41.55
Sep-20$32.61$38.47
Oct-20$32.42$38.23
Nov-20$34.26$40.42
Dec-20$40.21$47.40
Jan-21$44.79$52.57
Feb-21$52.11$60.84
Mar-21$55.64$64.50
Apr-21$54.62$62.80
May-21$58.04$66.20
Jun-21$64.39$72.77
Jul-21$65.80$74.00
Aug-21$60.69$68.12
Sep-21$64.37$72.05
Oct-21$74.12$82.28
Nov-21$71.07$78.51
Dec-21$64.47$71.00
Jan-22$75.66$82.63
Feb-22$84.70$91.67
Mar-22$101.92$108.85
Apr-22$98.34$104.44
May-22$97.67$102.60
Jun-22$107.12$111.00
Jul-22$93.12$96.51
Aug-22$84.40$87.50
Sep-22$77.04$79.70
Oct-22$79.72$82.14
Nov-22$77.18$79.60
Dec-22$71.94$74.43
Jan-23$71.46$73.34
Feb-23$69.70$71.14
Mar-23$66.28$67.42
Apr-23$72.22$73.09
May-23$64.58$65.20
Jun-23$63.42$63.82
Jul-23$68.65$68.95
Aug-23$74.42$74.42
Sep-23$82.07$81.87
Oct-23$78.81$78.65
Nov-23$70.32$70.32

There’s a myriad of factors some controllable some not. In my opinion both guys made mistakes that contributed to where we are now. In Biden’s case I’d say it’s more making mistakes, in trumps case I’d say it’s more not having a F’ing clue what he’s doing and surrounding himself with yes men. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter.

What’s indisputable is that There’s a significant lag in what decisions are made by presidents, their cabinets, and the other government arms and what actually transpires around us. It’s annoying AF when a president takes credit for “the stock market” 6 months into their presidency. You could shart in your drawers for six months and nothings going to change what the market is going to do. And don’t get me wrong, they ALL do it, there’s too many morons that believe them.

There’s a myriad of factors some controllable some not. In my opinion both guys made mistakes that contributed to where we are now. In Biden’s case I’d say it’s more making mistakes, in trumps case I’d say it’s more not having a F’ing clue what he’s doing and surrounding himself with yes men. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter.

What’s indisputable is that There’s a significant lag in what decisions are made by presidents, their cabinets, and the other government arms and what actually transpires around us. It’s annoying AF when a president takes credit for “the stock market” 6 months into their presidency. You could shart in your drawers for six months and nothings going to change what the market is going to do. And don’t get me wrong, they ALL do it, there’s too many morons that believe them.

Too many people don't understand that there is no snap of the finger fix when you are dealing with an economy that's approaching $30 trillion per year....or even a fraction of that size.

I will say that one factor that impacted inflation in 2022 was Biden (and the Democrat's overall) decision to keep pumping stimulus money out to lower income voters long after it no longer made sense from a COVID perspective. They foolishly handed out money in 2021 to those voters hoping it would buy their loyalty only to have it blow up in their face with inflation amped up by that extra money. In general, I think we need to have tax structures that help the poor, programs to help people improve their lives and more respect and support in general for the lower part of our socio-economic spectrum than the GOP wants to provide. However, just dumping cash into the economy has been a net loss for the Democrats and our country.

There were a lot of other factors that impacted inflation and corporate greed is one of the biggest. Back in the day, the American dream was to own a house, have a car and enough money for your family to be comfortable. Now, every Tom, Dick and Harry who is management or ownership thinks that they need to have a freakin' mansion, a Porsche and enough money to vacation in Bali every year. It's ridiculous to see the greed in our country and the willingness to screw over people to get it.

Reactions: Coug90 and CougEd
Too many people don't understand that there is no snap of the finger fix when you are dealing with an economy that's approaching $30 trillion per year....or even a fraction of that size.

I will say that one factor that impacted inflation in 2022 was Biden (and the Democrat's overall) decision to keep pumping stimulus money out to lower income voters long after it no longer made sense from a COVID perspective. They foolishly handed out money in 2021 to those voters hoping it would buy their loyalty only to have it blow up in their face with inflation amped up by that extra money. In general, I think we need to have tax structures that help the poor, programs to help people improve their lives and more respect and support in general for the lower part of our socio-economic spectrum than the GOP wants to provide. However, just dumping cash into the economy has been a net loss for the Democrats and our country.

There were a lot of other factors that impacted inflation and corporate greed is one of the biggest. Back in the day, the American dream was to own a house, have a car and enough money for your family to be comfortable. Now, every Tom, Dick and Harry who is management or ownership thinks that they need to have a freakin' mansion, a Porsche and enough money to vacation in Bali every year. It's ridiculous to see the greed in our country and the willingness to screw over people to get it.
Not saying you are denying this, just replying to the general point about inflation...but there are far worse things than the amount of inflation we have seen.

The counterfactual of having NOT done the COVID stimulus just may have resulted in an even greater economic catastrophe as people would have permanently lost jobs due to a lack of public spending. Restaurants and thousands of small businesses would have closed without that money being pumped into the economy.

Plus, the US wasn't the only country suffering from near record high or generationally high inflation as both the UK and Germany were upwards or beyond 10% at their worst. We also had a quicker recovery.

Lower unemployment and higher prices is a far better trade than the opposite. That's all I have to say about that.

Reactions: Coug1990
We'll see what happens with the tax charges in California. If he's found guilty (and again the evidence seems damning), the "Joe Biden uses drug addict son as fall guy" rhetoric will be nauseating.
There are well over 100 SARS reports (suspicious activity reports), filed by several banks, all dealing with funds the Biden family has received, which total over 15 million or maybe more. This story has been buried for a long time, yes congress has been working on it with road blocks. Anyone that reaches 10-20 of this is probably on an FBI watch list, the Bidens have well over 100, some say 170.

Defining a SARS report

I don't blame Biden for much of anything, as I don't think he knows what's going on, which is the more concerning issue, who is running the country. I really do believe the media is partly responsible for this mess. If the media had focused on Biden and his short comings, and failures, the Democrats would have put up another candidate. The only candidate Trump can defeat is Biden because of his dismal record. So IMO if Biden was gone from the race, there is a good chance Trump isn't in the race, and we would be looking at two much younger and more viable candidates. I find it interesting that there will be a Presidential Debate prior to the conventions, in US history this has never happened before. If Biden stumbles, there will be a new candidate named at the convention.

Reactions: mikalalas
There are well over 100 SARS reports (suspicious activity reports), filed by several banks, all dealing with funds the Biden family has received, which total over 15 million or maybe more. This story has been buried for a long time, yes congress has been working on it with road blocks. Anyone that reaches 10-20 of this is probably on an FBI watch list, the Bidens have well over 100, some say 170.

Defining a SARS report

I don't blame Biden for much of anything, as I don't think he knows what's going on, which is the more concerning issue, who is running the country. I really do believe the media is partly responsible for this mess. If the media had focused on Biden and his short comings, and failures, the Democrats would have put up another candidate. The only candidate Trump can defeat is Biden because of his dismal record. So IMO if Biden was gone from the race, there is a good chance Trump isn't in the race, and we would be looking at two much younger and more viable candidates. I find it interesting that there will be a Presidential Debate prior to the conventions, in US history this has never happened before. If Biden stumbles, there will be a new candidate named at the convention.
Trump has to run...only way to make the charges go away is for him to win.

He could win big. It doesn't take much imagine to see it. Check the battleground states.

You clearly mean win big in the electoral college because I don't see him wining the over all vote

Defining a SARS report

You think Kamala Harris would beat Trump? Mayor Pete?

Biden is running because there is no other option for the Democrats. The "transition candidate" crap Biden was spewing in 2020 is nowhere to be seen.

Reactions: Coug90

Biden is running because there is no other option for the Democrats. The "transition candidate" crap Biden was spewing in 2020 is nowhere to be seen.
That isn't Biden's fault. No bench. Gavin Newsome and Mitch Landrei only dems with the personal/communication skills to win.

I know who would clean Trump's clock....Michelle....

And that gets him four years.

The documents case in Florida is the one where he's screwed.
At least four years ... he isnt screwed it is a federal case and it will be buried

Last edited:
That isn't Biden's fault. No bench. Gavin Newsome and Mitch Landrei only dems with the personal/communication skills to win.
Disagree. Anyone that's been in politics for 50 years has squeezed a lot of other people out. Same with Pelosi, Clyburn, Feinstein, Nadler, etc. Chuck Schumer is a spring chicken at a mere 73. They reaped what they sowed.

And if I have to google Mitch Landrieu to figure out who he is....

Defining a SARS report
Oh brother. This story has not been buried, and isn't really a story at all. Based on these criteria, I'd hate to see how many SARS reports have been filed on ME over the years. To quote from the linked fact check article below.:

The Facts

"As part of the government’s effort to combat money laundering and terrorist activity, financial institutions are required to file SARs to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), an arm of the Treasury Department. A SAR is supposed to be triggered by a minimum amount of a transfer (generally at least $5,000, or $2,000 for money services businesses) and a suspicion the transfer involved funds derived from an illegal activity.
(Note - and who determines this "suspicion"?

The Treasury also requires all cash transfers that exceed $10,000 to be separately reported. A SAR can also result from cash transfers that appear structured to avoid triggering such a report, such as repeated payments to the same person or entity of $9,500."

FinCEN expects to receive nearly 3.7 million SARs in fiscal 2023, according to a Treasury report submitted to Congress.

Oh brother. This story has not been buried, and isn't really a story at all. Based on these criteria, I'd hate to see how many SARS reports have been filed on ME over the years. To quote from the linked fact check article below.:

The Facts

"As part of the government’s effort to combat money laundering and terrorist activity, financial institutions are required to file SARs to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), an arm of the Treasury Department. A SAR is supposed to be triggered by a minimum amount of a transfer (generally at least $5,000, or $2,000 for money services businesses) and a suspicion the transfer involved funds derived from an illegal activity.
(Note - and who determines this "suspicion"?

The Treasury also requires all cash transfers that exceed $10,000 to be separately reported. A SAR can also result from cash transfers that appear structured to avoid triggering such a report, such as repeated payments to the same person or entity of $9,500."

FinCEN expects to receive nearly 3.7 million SARs in fiscal 2023, according to a Treasury report submitted to Congress.

Based on your posts on this board, you're a suspicious guy.

Not saying you are denying this, just replying to the general point about inflation...but there are far worse things than the amount of inflation we have seen.

The counterfactual of having NOT done the COVID stimulus just may have resulted in an even greater economic catastrophe as people would have permanently lost jobs due to a lack of public spending. Restaurants and thousands of small businesses would have closed without that money being pumped into the economy.

Plus, the US wasn't the only country suffering from near record high or generationally high inflation as both the UK and Germany were upwards or beyond 10% at their worst. We also had a quicker recovery.

Lower unemployment and higher prices is a far better trade than the opposite. That's all I have to say about that.
Unfortunately it may eventually lead to something worse. Higher unemployment higher prices…stagflation. Which is a bitch to reverse and can be crippling to an economy. Things take so long to play out and there are so many variables that contribute, you can’t pinpoint it to one thing but both sides will point their fingers of course.

Unfortunately it may eventually lead to something worse. Higher unemployment higher prices…stagflation. Which is a bitch to reverse and can be crippling to an economy. Things take so long to play out and there are so many variables that contribute, you can’t pinpoint it to one thing but both sides will point their fingers of course.
Stagflation - that sounds vaguely familiar. Or does it just mean a deer with a boner? :)

Stagnation is what economists fear most. And their answer is usually government stimulus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT