ADVERTISEMENT

Our 2018 QB situation...

The rule on unofficial visits applies to all and is fair in that sense. I thought the appeal of WSU was their plucky, underdog mentality. You no likey pick a different school to root for in a more populous area, or with a larger endowment or with better facilities or better academics or better coaching or any other dimension that makes it "unfair".

Or maybe you could go post your drivel somewhere else???

You'll think it's fair until, in a couple years, a 5 star QB from the LA area verbally commits to you guys. Then out of no where, 1 week before NLI day, he decommits from Ewe and commits to USC. You later find out, he's been visiting his friend, who happens to coach the USC football team, in the film room to break down what he would do, IF he were to be QB at USC...

We all know verbal commits mean nothing... The precedent this kind of action sets is dangerous and will open it up to things like above... Just "hangin' out"... it just an "un-official" visit... hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

Honestly wouldn't care. Why waste energy getting wound up on verbals? We had kid or two "de-commit" this year. Good luck to them.

Honestly wouldn't care. Why waste energy getting wound up on verbals? We had kid or two "de-commit" this year. Good luck to them.
I don't think you are understanding the repercussions, the domino affect, I'm trying to outline, here.
For you to not see how that puts other programs, not just WSU for it's "rural atmosphere", at a disadvantage (thus not "fair") is staggering. I'm saying this progresses to intentionally trying to sabotage a recruiting class. Coaches using recruits of other programs to torpedo that years recruiting class is a part of the slippery slope this kind of action begins. And you're OK with it and wish them luck...... dang... your blind as hell...
So if WSU swoops in and gets this QB kid, after hours and hours, days and days of him picking Petey's head and his tendencies and secrets and such, "coaching" him... and you're OK with it... You're being passive for the sake of it or not understanding what I'm saying. No fan would be OK with this. Its almost equivalent to a year of being at the Ewe and then transferring to WSU with no penalty. He'd know the playbook, he'd know the coaching tendencies (I'm sure they've talked about the specific programs within the PAC)... Coaches allow transferring but only outside of the conference, for a reason...

I don't think you are understanding the repercussions, the domino affect, I'm trying to outline, here.
For you to not see how that puts other programs, not just WSU for it's "rural atmosphere", at a disadvantage (thus not "fair") is staggering. I'm saying this progresses to intentionally trying to sabotage a recruiting class. Coaches using recruits of other programs to torpedo that years recruiting class is a part of the slippery slope this kind of action begins. And you're OK with it and wish them luck...... dang... your blind as hell...
So if WSU swoops in and gets this QB kid, after hours and hours, days and days of him picking Petey's head and his tendencies and secrets and such, "coaching" him... and you're OK with it... You're being passive for the sake of it or not understanding what I'm saying. No fan would be OK with this. Its almost equivalent to a year of being at the Ewe and then transferring to WSU with no penalty. He'd know the playbook, he'd know the coaching tendencies (I'm sure they've talked about the specific programs within the PAC)... Coaches allow transferring but only outside of the conference, for a reason...

Then bad on the coaches if they give out any secret sauce. No one is forcing them to tell them anything.

The only thing that can be coached is secrets?
This has become semantics and "What-if" is a circle jerk. I was only looking at the issues of how this can easily become an issue where "fair" isn't being served. This kind of stuff will spiral and then there will have to be MORE rules enacted instead of people/coaches just behaving.

The NCAA will never limit unofficial visits, because it's the one clear advantage the so-called power programs (USC, UCLA, UW) have in the major population centers that are their backyards. So long as Peterson isn't providing benefits while they visit (the cash-filled coffee cups and lurking female beauties notwithstanding), he can be as sleazy as he wants to be.
We've all seen the cash filled coffee cups. What are these female beauties you speak of. This is UW we are talking about, no?

The cash filled coffee cup is under the seat that he uses while being coached during film review with little Peter.

As for the female beauties, they don't have the weather to show much this time of the year. USC & UCLA have many more opportunities.

I thought we had a decent chance at the Coeur d'Alene kid, Colson Yankoff but he's recently verballed to Ewe (which I find odd with another kid already entrenched and committed but whatever. That's another thread for another day). So that leaves us with 3 known options at this time:

Matthew Tago 2star QB out of Quartz Hill CA (He's listed as QB but looking at his hudl, he's a scrapper and I'm gonna guess he's more RB than anything else).
Cammon Cooper 3star QB out of Lehi UT
Brevin White 4star QB out of Lancaster CA This Rivals link doesn't have his Hudl so here it is: http://www.hudl.com/profile/4200658/brevin-white

First Tago... As far as QB position is concerned, he has an odd technique. He almost uses his whole upper body to finish the throw. But he gets the ball down field. Not a lot of zip. But he's a scrapper, like I said above. Which leads me to his running. He isn't afraid of putting his head down and clanking helmets. Good vision, it seems. Not a lot of "moves" but has the attitude.

Cooper: I find it interesting that the 3star kid has more offers than the 4star kid... It happens a lot but it seems kinda like the obligatory hot babe that's lonely because everyone is afraid to ask her to dance. Meh, whatever, just interesting. I'll be honest, I like a kid with a bit more "bulk", not so skinny, and the Cooper kid is taller AND heavier than the 4star kid. Cooper also seems to have the ability to run around a bit more. Could also be a result of the Oline at his school and it was/is a survive or die situation... But like him. Decent arm, not the quickest release but solid. His best asset is his ability to get out of trouble, it seems. Accurate, at least from the film.

But White has an arm! At times he appears to just "flick" it out there and it's a lob out 30 yards. Then his release seems quite quick. He has a "touch" to his throws. He runs but doesn't appear to be as comfortable with it... Overall, I wouldn't mind either QB (Tago I don't think REALLY is a QB recruit) for different reasons. Very accurate.

Anyways, just fun, off-season fodder.

Brand X has an article saying that Camm Cooper is visiting WSU this week. They also show some other Top 100 QB's listed outside what you have above: Re-al Mitchell, Griffin O'Connor and Conor Bardue. They show 8 other QB's that have little or no evaluation done at this point. There are plenty of good QB prospects out there to go through yet. Who knows, maybe Camm will feel like being a Coug after this week.

Brand X has an article saying that Camm Cooper is visiting WSU this week. They also show some other Top 100 QB's listed outside what you have above: Re-al Mitchell, Griffin O'Connor and Conor Bardue. They show 8 other QB's that have little or no evaluation done at this point. There are plenty of good QB prospects out there to go through yet. Who knows, maybe Camm will feel like being a Coug after this week.
Good to know. I still avoid that site so... :eek:

Good to know. I still avoid that site so... :eek:

I rarely spend time on the site myself. They basically gave away their free service for a year to get people to sign up so there is almost never any useful content or messages in the free area. Given their tyrannical stances in the past, I'd never pay for their service. I do check it out once a week or so and I saw that tidbit about Cooper and when I looked at their prospect list, it showed a decent list so I mentioned it here.

Reactions: Coug95man2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT