ADVERTISEMENT

Our own Mik.....needs your prayers...

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Mercer Island
Mik just called me this afternoon. He's been admitted into urgent care at Sacred Heart in Spokane for acute Kidney Failure. This is totally new to him, and this is all we know.

Mike wanted me to post this to let you know he may be away from our board for awhile, and in the meantime, your prayers are most appreciated.

We're believing for a full recovery! Thanks.

Mik just called me this afternoon. He's been admitted into urgent care at Sacred Heart in Spokane for acute Kidney Failure. This is totally new to him, and this is all we know.

Mike wanted me to post this to let you know he may be away from our board for awhile, and in the meantime, your prayers are most appreciated.

We're believing for a full recovery! Thanks.
Keep us posted MI 🙏🏻

Hang in there Mik! Have the same passion for getting better as you do for the Cougs!

MI, any news on our friend Mik?

I'm surviving. Lisinipril, Hydrochlorithiazide, high uric acid levels, fasting 12 hours for a blood test(cholesterol, uric acid, creatine levels), caused my kidneys to partially semi fail, semi get semi injured, which if left untreated, would lead to kidney shutdown, dialysis, etc.

I got treatment in time, and my kidneys are slowly healing, recovering.

I'll be discharged released in about 3 more days at minimum to 1,2,3 weeks, depending on when, if my Blood pressure, creatine levels continue to get better.

I'm having about 5000 ML of water pumped into me by IV, and taking lots of meds, and going to the bathroom about 75 times per 24 hours.

Thanks to you, all that concerned, etc, and the prayers, etc.

Hey Hi all. While I am in Hospital, I am trying to bid, buy a 2007, 29 foot, 9000 pound, Keystone Cougar Travel Trailer RV, online, at a online auction.

It's a reputable auction service auction, that friends of mine have used. I have talked to the Auction people, previous owner of RV(OLD lady), and seen pictures, videos of RV, and it looks in awesome condition.

The RV usually sells for about 8k to 10k to 12k. Since RV dealers only give about 4k trade in value, that why some people quick sell for cash, and that they don't know how to use Ebay, Craigslist, etc.

The bid price, with about 7 hours until bidding, auction closes, is 3.5k. The bid price had escalated VERY SLOWLY. My max bid limit, is about 5k, which I will place before 13 minutes left. The Max bid limit system is where you set your max bid limit, 5k in my case, and then the thing bids up the price by $25 units until you beat the top max bid limit. As example back when bid price was 3250, I placed a test bid of max bid 3325, which beat the max bid of 3300, giving me the temporarily top bid that got outbid(as expected). The max bid limit can be changed. I'm expecting the bid price to goto about between about $4350 to $5000, where I think I have about a 50% chance to have winning bid at about $4350 to $5150.

I'm trying to get this RV to be able to get this RV to move down to Arizona to be closer to daughter, and to maybe be able to goto a WSU baseball game, RV tailgate party, before go down to Arizona.

If anyone wants to either pray for me, wish me good luck, I'll take all the prayers, good luck I can get.

Reactions: Coug90
Hey Hi all. While I am in Hospital, I am trying to bid, buy a 2007, 29 foot, 9000 pound, Keystone Cougar Travel Trailer RV, online, at a online auction.

It's a reputable auction service auction, that friends of mine have used. I have talked to the Auction people, previous owner of RV(OLD lady), and seen pictures, videos of RV, and it looks in awesome condition.

The RV usually sells for about 8k to 10k to 12k. Since RV dealers only give about 4k trade in value, that why some people quick sell for cash, and that they don't know how to use Ebay, Craigslist, etc.

The bid price, with about 7 hours until bidding, auction closes, is 3.5k. The bid price had escalated VERY SLOWLY. My max bid limit, is about 5k, which I will place before 13 minutes left. The Max bid limit system is where you set your max bid limit, 5k in my case, and then the thing bids up the price by $25 units until you beat the top max bid limit. As example back when bid price was 3250, I placed a test bid of max bid 3325, which beat the max bid of 3300, giving me the temporarily top bid that got outbid(as expected). The max bid limit can be changed. I'm expecting the bid price to goto about between about $4350 to $5000, where I think I have about a 50% chance to have winning bid at about $4350 to $5150.

I'm trying to get this RV to be able to get this RV to move down to Arizona to be closer to daughter, and to maybe be able to goto a WSU baseball game, RV tailgate party, before go down to Arizona.

If anyone wants to either pray for me, wish me good luck, I'll take all the prayers, good luck I can get.
Good luck with this Mike. I know this is something you’ve been wanting to do for a long time.

I'm surviving. Lisinipril, Hydrochlorithiazide, high uric acid levels, fasting 12 hours for a blood test(cholesterol, uric acid, creatine levels), caused my kidneys to partially semi fail, semi get semi injured, which if left untreated, would lead to kidney shutdown, dialysis, etc.

I got treatment in time, and my kidneys are slowly healing, recovering.

I'll be discharged released in about 3 more days at minimum to 1,2,3 weeks, depending on when, if my Blood pressure, creatine levels continue to get better.

I'm having about 5000 ML of water pumped into me by IV, and taking lots of meds, and going to the bathroom about 75 times per 24 hours.

Thanks to you, all that concerned, etc, and the prayers, etc.
Great to hear you are recovering Mike!

Reactions: mikalalas
3700 bid to beat, 3 hours left, 2 hours and about 46 minutes until I pull the rug out from whoever has the top bid that thinks they are about to win, and bid a max bid of 4450 with about 13 minutes left, and then if they beat that bid, I'll bid 4875 with 3 minutes left.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
3700 bid to beat, 3 hours left, 2 hours and about 46 minutes until I pull the rug out from whoever has the top bid that thinks they are about to win, and bid a max bid of 4450 with about 13 minutes left, and then if they beat that bid, I'll bid 4875 with 3 minutes left.

Let’s hope your competition doesn’t read CougZone! 😀

I’d say you have about an 85% to 90% to 99% chance of gettin er done 😁. Pulling for ya!

Let’s hope your competition doesn’t read CougZone! 😀

4150 top bid now with about 1 hour 53 minutes left. I might be able to take it down with a 5k bid, but it looks like someone might overbid, pay too much, so I might have to fall back to the 2004 37 foot, Forest River 5th Wheel RV, that's 3k with 1 hour 53 minutes left

4150 top bid now with about 1 hour 53 minutes left. I might be able to take it down with a 5k bid, but it looks like someone might overbid, pay too much, so I might have to fall back to the 2004 37 foot, Forest River 5th Wheel RV, that's 3k with 1 hour 53 minutes left

4825, I'm going to have to fall back to the 2004 37 foot 5th wheel. It's still 3k, with less then 2 hours left.

4825, I'm going to have to fall back to the 2004 37 foot 5th wheel. It's still 3k, with less then 2 hours left.
You realize that you will need at least a 2500/250 pickup to pull that 5th wheel, and possibly to pull the other one.

You realize that you will need at least a 2500/250 pickup to pull that 5th wheel, and possibly to pull the other one.
Nah, you can pull 9k with a half-ton truck. Most of them, anyway.

Whether or not you'll use up all your brakes and fry your tranny is another story, but it can be done.

• Haha
Reactions: PeteTheChop

Whether or not you'll use up all your brakes and fry your tranny is another story, but it can be done.
If I was looking at trips over the Cascades or up the Rockies, I'd want that 3/4 ton. On the other hand, if I'm just parking it at a trailer park and living in it, the 1/2 ton should be OK.

3550 bid with 59 minutes left. I have the winning bid so far, looks like I will have the winning bid.

Anybody want $650 to haul the 5th Wheel from Homedale ID to Davenport, Ford WA area?

Reactions: Coug90
3550 bid with 59 minutes left. I have the winning bid so far, looks like I will have the winning bid.

Anybody want $650 to haul the 5th Wheel from Homedale ID to Davenport, Ford WA area?

And that was a probe, test bid too.

FWIW, my 1/2 ton F-150 is rated to pull 11,500 lbs. I wouldn't do it myself....but it's able to do it. I have a co-worker with a 1/2 Silverado that's rated to pull the same and he said that 8,000 lbs had the truck maxing out at 50 mph in the Colorado mountains.

The 2004 5th Wheel went for $6700, which beat me.

Silly them, they can buy the same RV at Craigslist for about 7500.

Whole point of buying at auction is to get it substantially cheaper then Dealer, Craigslist, etc

6700 is not a good buy at auction.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Found a 2002 29 ft 5th Wheel for sale on Craigslist for 2500. Only thing missing is furnace, title. 60 year old lady says that she has bill of sale, and vehicle identification number. Can get a replacement title with bill of sale + VIN number, if I buy it?

What if you stayed with your kids for a bit and purchase RV in Arizona.

My Daughter Sariah is 5. The only way to be closer to my daughter in Arizona is to either rent a apartment($1000+ a month(can't afford), or rent a RV lot($675 a month(affordable).

I have tried asking to rent from Ex's sister Charity down there.

I have tried to rent a room from church members, etc.

Over the last 18 months I have tried just about EVERYTHING.

Only option left is to buy a RV, then rent a RV lot.

My Daughter Sariah is 5. The only way to be closer to my daughter in Arizona is to either rent a apartment($1000+ a month(can't afford), or rent a RV lot($675 a month(affordable).

I have tried asking to rent from Ex's sister Charity down there.

I have tried to rent a room from church members, etc.

Over the last 18 months I have tried just about EVERYTHING.

Only option left is to buy a RV, then rent a RV lot.
Keep the faith Mike, it will work out. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Hey Mik,

Have you ever thought about starting a GoFundMe for your situation? I'm not a big fan of that sort of thing in general, because it's littered with people trying to get money for Ozempic treatment or a family vacation or some other silly thing. But you have a legitimate need for housing and an admirable goal of wanting to be closer to your kid. I'm pretty sure we could drum up some support...

Hey Mik,

Have you ever thought about starting a GoFundMe for your situation? I'm not a big fan of that sort of thing in general, because it's littered with people trying to get money for Ozempic treatment or a family vacation or some other silly thing. But you have a legitimate need for housing and an admirable goal of wanting to be closer to your kid. I'm pretty sure we could drum up some support...
Good call. I’d chip in Mike

Reactions: AlwaysSpokanesFault
Hey Mik,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have thought of that, but I don't know how to do that, and I know there are a lot of legit situations of people needing money, probably more then I do, and I don't want to take money away from them. And I know, think that some people would tell me that I just need to save longer, because I already live in apt, have social security, have a part time Subway Job, etc. And I have $6500 saved up. And I just need to save up for 2,3,4 more months, combined with being able to buy a RV at auction, etc.

I have worked HARD, saved up for the last 2 years. But every time I seem close to being able to do the things I need to do to be able to move down to Arizona to be close to my daughter, like getting RV, etc, something shoots me down, affects my health, etc.

I'm afraid that it will take a LONG time to move closer to my daughter, and that she will get older without her having me her father around, and that I will miss things, etc.

But I am TORN between doing a Go Fund Me, and seeing daughter sooner, etc, and not doing a Go Fund Me, and just taking the time to do it, even if it take longer.

I just need a break, opportunity, a little help, etc, from others, combined with me working hard, but I either haven't been getting those breaks. opportunities, help, etc, or if I have, I haven't recognized it, or been able to take advantage, etc.

I would prefer that the help not be a hand out like Go Fund Me, but a hand up, but maybe I need to do the Go Fund Me, but I don't know.

I am open to advice, convincing, etc, either way, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT