ADVERTISEMENT

OV's this weekend.

TrumpCoug

Team Captain
Jul 18, 2019
David Johnson, big physical receiver. Bouncy, good hands. Limited sr tape. Under the radar TX kid.

Tony Carter. SS/Nickel Likes to hit, really likes to hit. #2 rated grappler in FL at 182lbs.

Reece Sylvester, Under the Radar TX kid. Looks like a slot receiver to me. Decommited from Rice a couple weeks back.

DT Taylor Lewis, OT Zack Miller and RB Jaylen Jenkins also in Pullman. Let's get em all signed. Still need a couple portal RBs.

Last edited:
David Johnson, big physical receiver. Bouncy, good hands. Limited sr tape. Under the radar TX kid.

Tony Carter. SS/Nickel Likes to hit, really likes to hit. #2 rated grappler in FL at 182lbs.

Reece Sylvester, Under the Radar TX kid. Looks like a slot receiver to me. Decommited from Rice a couple weeks back.

DT Taylor Lewis, OT Zack Miller and RB Jaylen Jenkins also in Pullman. Let's get em all signed. Still need a couple portal RBs.
It appears we have 3 commits already. One benign the running back.

I'm guessing Lewis is one of the two. Then I'm guessing it'll be Miller or Sylvester.

Sylvester tweeted an offer but no word on his commitment yet.

Tony Carter is a monster. Kid sticks people and is doing it at under 200's. He doesn't have any bad weight (wrestler) and should be able to pack on the good weight necessary to be a monster at this level.

I like the Carter kid guy can hit and chase the ball.

Sylvester tweeted an offer but no word on his commitment yet.

Tony Carter is a monster. Kid sticks people and is doing it at under 200's. He doesn't have any bad weight (wrestler) and should be able to pack on the good weight necessary to be a monster at this level.
Just committed. He will play as a Frosh and is going to be a stud. I see a lot of deonne Buchanon in him except DB was 165 lbs when he got to campus

So, WSU may get upwards to 10 commits by Wednesday? RB, WR, 4 OL, DT, lb, CB, S ?

Just committed. He will play as a Frosh and is going to be a stud. I see a lot of deonne Buchanon in him except DB was 165 lbs when he got to campus
Only saw the one Hudl video, but looks like he’s got good vision, takes good angles for the most part. Hard hitter for his size, and plays good run support. No fear, takes on guys bigger than him and wins.

I’d like to see more of him in pass coverage, most of that film was against the run. And I wouldn’t mind seeing him put on another 10-15 LBs.

Only saw the one Hudl video, but looks like he’s got good vision, takes good angles for the most part. Hard hitter for his size, and plays good run support. No fear, takes on guys bigger than him and wins.

I’d like to see more of him in pass coverage, most of that film was against the run. And I wouldn’t mind seeing him put on another 10-15 LBs.
We will see what he’s playing. Pretty filled out for a HS kid, thinking he ends up being a hybrid LB/SS type. He’ll be playing ST as a freshman though

We will see what he’s playing. Pretty filled out for a HS kid, thinking he ends up being a hybrid LB/SS type. He’ll be playing ST as a freshman though
From that film, I thought his kickoff coverage was where he was weakest. Some of his worst angles were there, and he ended up behind the play.

I think if he’s going to play an LB role, he’ll need 20-25 lbs (or more), and that will probably start to affect his speed and agility. Looks like he has the instincts for the hybrid role, just need to get his body to fill it too.

Sylvester looks like an athlete with some flexibility. With his size, I think I’d lean toward a slot receiver spot. He could take some handoffs too, kind of like Travell Harris did. Not sure about a DB spot, I’d want to see more of him in coverage before considering that

Last edited:
If WSU has already gotten a WR in this class, then either don't need another scholly WR, or maybe 1 more scholly WR in case the other decommits, and 1 preferred Walk on WR.

WSU has Bell, Stribbling, Ollie, Hobert, Moore, Victor, Orion Peterson, as a awesome 7 deep WR Corp, and 1,2,3 like Shumpert, etc, behind them.

Since that the case, Id rather see that scholly used on another position like OL, TE, RB, DT, unless the WR, is a 4,5 star, without baggage, etc, since WSU can get another preferred Walk on WR like Victor.

If WSU has not gotten a WR in the class already, then WSU needs to get 1 scholly WR, and 1 or 2 preferred Walk on WR's

I feel there are lots of players in this recruiting class that are not going to be playing college ball at their recruited position, but what do I know? When recruited, it is not a lifelong commitment to the recruited position. It seems the coaches see lots of potential, and want to place the player in the best position possible. Players have switched positions before, but it seems this is the highest number of possible switches I have seen in a long time. And there are still multiple scholarships left to be accepted.

Examples:
Schlenbaker rb to lb?
Smithson wr to s?
Williams dl to ol?
Roaten dl to ol?
Carter lb to s?
Seth de to ol?

Reactions: mikalalas
I feel there are lots of players in this recruiting class that are not going to be playing college ball at their recruited position, but what do I know? When recruited, it is not a lifelong commitment to the recruited position. It seems the coaches see lots of potential, and want to place the player in the best position possible. Players have switched positions before, but it seems this is the highest number of possible switches I have seen in a long time. And there are still multiple scholarships left to be accepted.

Examples:
Schlenbaker rb to lb?
Smithson wr to s?
Williams dl to ol?
Roaten dl to ol?
Carter lb to s?
Seth de to ol?
Coaches have already mentioned that:
Smithson is being recruited as a S
Both Roatens are being recruited as OL
Seth is being recruited as a OL
Carter is being recruited as a S

Don't see Schlenbaker moving to LB. We are desperately thin at RB, he very well may be the starting RB next Fall. Bazil and Watson have shown (in Bazi's case, hasn't shown) they are in no way front runners. RB is wide open and Freshmen will get reps.

I hope you are right. I thought I remember Dickert saying that Schlenbaker's best position might not be running back. With a lack of depth at RB, I think he gets a real looooooooong look at RB.
With my armchair position management skills, I feel better if he stays at rb.

Examples:
Schlenbaker rb to lb?
Smithson wr to s?
Williams dl to ol?
Roaten dl to ol?
Carter lb to s?
Seth de to ol?
GC appears you are correct with Williams moving to OL. Also appears David Johnson is being looked at as a CB, surprising as he looked like a great WR prospect. We need some DL, OL and RB's. Hoping the transfer portal comes through for us in the next month.

Reactions: grahamcoug
I understand the logic behind the transfer process, but I don't understand the glacial decision making speed of transfers announcing. Maybe the transfers don't really know what they want to do or where they want to go.

I understand the logic behind the transfer process, but I don't understand the glacial decision making speed of transfers announcing. Maybe the transfers don't really know what they want to do or where they want to go.
Honestly, I think there will be players all across the country entering the portal after spring practice, and losing out on the starting job. I think WSU is holding spots open for transfers for when that happens.

Reactions: kougkurt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT