ADVERTISEMENT

P12 looking bad

the good news is that even if the PAC swept the bowl season they would start right back where they normally are nationally reputation wise. The PAC will always have a bad rep unless a team has a run like USC did. Even then USC couldn't afford to lose the wrong game or it would torpedo their season. I used to hope that the conference did well in bowl season, but we've had years where we got no respect during the season and kicked ass in bowls and not a peep from the national media. It isn't going to change at this point.

It would help if the conference went the SEC scheduling route but I would hate that. I prefer the conference stay true to itself rather than water itself down competition wise to appeal to the national media. I'd even be fine with pulling out of the system all together, but that would mean no $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I would love to see the BIG 10/PAC take the Rose Bowl and a hand full of other bowls and pull out of the playoff and go back to the traditional bowl setup. I know it won't happen and probably shouldn't but I would love it.

I agree Orange. We've had years where the Pac-12 kicked butt in bowl games and no one ended up saying, hey, they're the best conference. Not gonna happen. So, based on that, I don't feel much allegiance to other Pac schools I don't like, which is a lot of them.... Stanford losing last night was funny! Can't stand their arrogant coach! It won't bother me either if sc gets knocked off. Can't stand ASU either! Lets hope the ewe loses too!

Of the three remaining ASU May have the best chance to win. USC and UW have tough Big 10 matchups coming up.

ASU making a game of it late, but probably too little.

And why are the Pac-12 and Big 10/14 champions, #5 and #8, playing on Dec. 29?

This was not a strong year for the PAC; that was obvious 6 weeks ago. How that translates nationally depends upon what sort of year the other conferences had. At this point, you could easily defend a suggestion that the PAC was maybe 4th in the power 5. That changes year to year. Simply by adding Chip Kelly, UCLA may well put themselves into contention for being a good team instead of what they've been for the past several years. The emergence of just one more top 15 level team in addition to what we already have would significantly raise the PAC's stature.

USC looking pretty bad too. I root P12, but it is painful this year to do so.

So Grinch did a better job getting tOSU ready for their bowl game than he did WSU for theirs?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT