ADVERTISEMENT

Pac-12 and NCAA's

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
So far so good. Arizona wins, Oregon looks to win, Rooting (bleck) for USC. UCLA should have no problem later.

Helluva time trying to find NIT results. As noted on the BB board, Coug women beat BYU in their opening NIT contest.

So far so good. Arizona wins, Oregon looks to win, Rooting (bleck) for USC. UCLA should have no problem later.

Helluva time trying to find NIT results. As noted on the BB board, Coug women beat BYU in their opening NIT contest.

3 Pac-12 teams in the Sweet Sixteen. USC almost made it 4.

3 Pac-12 teams in the Sweet Sixteen. USC almost made it 4.

Cmon guys - 187 views, no posts but me?

Sweet 16:
Pac12 - 3 left out of 4
Big10 - 3 left of 7
Big12 - 3 of 6
SEC - 3 of 5
Big East - 2 of 7
ACC - 1 of 9
WCC - 1 of 2 (should be 0 except for the refs)

Last edited:

Sweet 16:
Pac12 - 3 left out of 4
Big10 - 3 left of 7
Big12 - 3 of 6
SEC - 3 of 5
Big East - 2 of 7
ACC - 1 of 9
I love Mrach Madness!!

Sweet 16:
Pac12 - 3 left out of 4
Big10 - 3 left of 7
Big12 - 3 of 6
SEC - 3 of 5
Big East - 2 of 7
ACC - 1 of 9
I'll bite. Don't really follow men's basketball that much but I am really surprised by the ACC's face plant in this year's tournament. There is enough BB prowess in the state of North Carolina alone to make it what the SEC is to football. But then the SEC sans Alabama may be overrated. Is the ACC just top heavy too or is this just another random occurrence of bad luck?

Slightly OT: I am quite delighted and frankly surprised by our women's success so far in this post season. O.K., it's not the NCAAs but still... Going this far with the majority of June's best players sitting on the medical bench bodes well for next year.

Sweet 16:
Pac12 - 3 left out of 4
Big10 - 3 left of 7
Big12 - 3 of 6
SEC - 3 of 5
Big East - 2 of 7
ACC - 1 of 9

Mention Paul Wulff and you will have plenty of posts : )

So far the PAC is pretty respectable. We'll see how that looks after the next round...

Sweet 16:
Pac12 - 3 left out of 4
Big10 - 3 left of 7
Big12 - 3 of 6
SEC - 3 of 5
Big East - 2 of 7
ACC - 1 of 9

UCLA, Arizona and Oregon are every bit as good as advertised. I'm particularly impressed with Oregon because I absolutely did not expect them to get to the Sweet 16 this year after they lost one of their best players heading into the tournament. The ACC is baffling but it also tells you how meaningless it is to place too much importance on the results of one tournament. Still, it's obvious that the conference was over-rated and didn't deserve 9 teams. The NIT results show that the NCAA selection committee did get it right with the Pac-12 though. USC deserved that play-in game and the others deserved to get left out. One of my co-workers (a KSU graduate) has the three Pac-12 teams making the final four this year. That shocked me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT