ADVERTISEMENT

Pac 2/12 Bowls

I think UW will be happy if they are playing in El Paso next year.
Agree. If they happen to do well next year, Fisch will have proven something. As events happened to unfold, he is looking at a rebuild, not a reload. There is some talent on the roster, and also some level of experience, but the two don't overlap enough for him to get far this season. I see sure wins over only Weber State & E Michigan. Games where I expect the Vegas line to be 5 points or less either way include WSU, Northwestern, Rutgers, Indiana and UCLA (who will also be rebuilding). Games I expect them to be underdogs by 5 points or more include Michigan, Iowa, USC, Penn State, and Whoregon. If you assume they sort of split the close ones and maybe pull out one of the big underdog games, that is a 5 to 7 win season. They will be very thin, so a key injury or two means they don't go bowling.

I agree they will be happy if they are in El Paso for the holidays.

The other thing worth noting on this whole bowl playoff picture is something that Wilner alluded to in an article the other day, that I was not aware of, and can't confirm. The 12 team playoff format only runs through 2026, so the SEC and Big, could form their own playoff in two years and tell everyone else to go pound sand. It seems like Fox and ESPN have their fingers around most of the conferences, plus they just announced their streaming deal together, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Roses, I can't always predict the future accurately ( ;) ), but my guess today is that if the current trends continue, the viewership for a playoff that is only B10 and SEC would be disappointing for the media giants. That would eventually force them to show it only on streaming and soak the fanatics to make the money.

Cr8zy, I have to agree with you as well, As more and more people drop cable, ESPN revenues will drop, they only way they can make it up is by charging Fanatics to watch their games thru a streaming service. According to last years numbers 37% of college football games were viewed on Cable, so as people drop cable they have to pick up almost 3 subscribers for everyone lost. Doubt they will, so they have to charge some other way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT