ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Scottsdale, AZ
You guys are going to hate on me, but I've got to say it.

For all of those who cut the cord....you did this to yourselves!

For tomorrow's game, we are unable to Record, and Skip the Commercials, because with Peacock, (or any streaming platform), there is no Cloud and DVR storage interface. The advertisers and ad execs must love this process and platform!

When was the last time I watched a game, and literally had to sit through all the commercials?

I personally can't remember the last time I had to sit and watch commercial, (unless I was at a watch party). Brutal.

Thanks for everyone who cut the cord....and I'm sure you're paying almost the same with all your "A La Carte" streaming channels.

Yes, we've had Peacock for several years, but there is no DVR or Cloud. Must watch the game live.

Thanks a million!

Reactions: Jiff76

For tomorrow's game, we are unable to Record, and Skip the Commercials, because with Peacock, (or any streaming platform), there is no Cloud and DVR storage interface. The advertisers and ad execs must love this process and platform!

When was the last time I watched a game, and literally had to sit through all the commercials?

I personally can't remember the last time I had to sit and watch commercial, (unless I was at a watch party). Brutal.

Thanks for everyone who cut the cord....and I'm sure you're paying almost the same with all your "A La Carte" streaming channels.

Yes, we've had Peacock for several years, but there is no DVR or Cloud. Must watch the game live.

Thanks a million!
You can actually blame the Mariners, who due to their superiority complex wouldn't move their game time to accommodate and therefore it couldn't be picked up on the networks window, so was slotted to Peacock.

That said, the fact this game is being played is stupid. I'll bang that drum until the end of time.

Reactions: OrangeGravy

Thanks a million!
You're welcome!

That's all I have to say about that!

You can actually blame the Mariners, who due to their superiority complex wouldn't move their game time to accommodate and therefore it couldn't be picked up on the networks window, so was slotted to Peacock.

That said, the fact this game is being played is stupid. I'll bang that drum until the end of time.
I wondered how this got on Peacock.

CW should do replays of these games on Tuesday nights, if they have they can get the rights, get better ratings that most of their shows.

Get your own DVR. Streaming has been around for a couple of decades now, the tech is out there for those who want to use it.

Rumor is there is a "box" that has all the streams and a dvr built in, but I can neither confirm or deny.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Get your own DVR. Streaming has been around for a couple of decades now, the tech is out there for those who want to use it.

Rumor is there is a "box" that has all the streams and a dvr built in, but I can neither confirm or deny.
Thanks for the tip. Not sure I'll do it for just one event, one game....but here's the solution that I found..

Reactions: Jiff76

Thanks a million!
Cannot put the entire blame on the consumer. The product prices have skyrocketed with little in return. Decisions have to be made in today's economy and must also be considered. I personally have Buffstream and Sportsurge and Airplay on Roku to view all my sports and at a savings of $180 a month.

Thanks a million!
You're welcome, and I have no regrets.

At least you can watch it. I don't have Peacock, and I don't plan to get it for one game.

You're welcome, and I have no regrets.

At least you can watch it. I don't have Peacock, and I don't plan to get it for one game.
Same here. I'm going to check a couple of nearby bars and see if they will have it, otherwise I'll be stuck getting updates from ESPN.

Thanks a million!

I feel no shame for cutting the cord. My sister foolishly sticks with her cable provider and spends over $3000 per year on her subscription (which does include internet). I pay the following for our viewing/internet:

ATT Fiber: $75/month
YoutubeTV: $75/month (pay for 8 months and then turn off for 4 months)
Netflix: $23/month
Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+: $10/month
Max: $10/month (sign up for it about 3 months out of the year to catch up on shows that we like)
Prime: $6/month (split with sister-in-law)

I spend about $1000 per year less than her but have at least three times as many viewing options as her. I wouldn't have YoutubeTV if not for sports.

I feel no shame for cutting the cord. My sister foolishly sticks with her cable provider and spends over $3000 per year on her subscription (which does include internet). I pay the following for our viewing/internet:

ATT Fiber: $75/month
YoutubeTV: $75/month (pay for 8 months and then turn off for 4 months)
Netflix: $23/month
Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+: $10/month
Max: $10/month (sign up for it about 3 months out of the year to catch up on shows that we like)
Prime: $6/month (split with sister-in-law)

I spend about $1000 per year less than her but have at least three times as many viewing options as her. I wouldn't have YoutubeTV if not for sports.
Do you get the Two and a Half Men reruns? That's a line in the sand for me. I get ripped on cable out here (just went up again) but at least now I get Paramount+ at no extra cost so I'll get to watch Tulsa King Season 2 starting Sunday and Reacher Season 3 when it comes out.

I've said before, I spend on internet and a one-time price for a magical streaming box that gives me 98% of everything.

Peacock could be a.challenge this week, although the box has a tab for NCAAF where I hope to find the game. Taihtsat

Thanks a million!
what a hardship, having to watch the game live. from that should we assume you only wtch reruns of games we win?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT