ADVERTISEMENT

Peterson stepping down.. Lake takes over

How could anyone associated with UW not be excited about an offensive change?

Because it comes at the expense of losing one of the best head coaches in college football; someone who won multiple P12 titles and had UW in the College Football Playoff vs. Alabama a few years ago.

Funny posts from the Main Rivals Board regarding the announcement >

"Who the F is Jimmy Lake?"

"Damn good question... does anyone know who Jimmy Lake is?"

That guy who is in Leach’s head.

That guy who has been quoted multiple times on this forum. That guy who has been cried over multiple times in this forum. That guy who has shut many posters up on this forum. That guy who has backed up all his smack talk when Minshew, Gordon, Borghi haven’t. That guy who made Minshew cry?

Think you’d be aware of exactly who he is by now.

Reactions: HHusky

That guy who has been quoted multiple times on this forum. That guy who has been cried over multiple times in this forum. That guy who has shut many posters up on this forum. That guy who has backed up all his smack talk when Minshew, Gordon, Borghi haven’t. That guy who made Minshew cry?

Why aren’t dog fans on dog boards discussing this? Why do they give a crap what Cougs think. Telling.

Reactions: royhobbs2

He's talking about the main Rivals message board. Jeez, relax.

If UW were to have an open search to land the best head coach they could find, given their resources, does anyone think the search would land on Jimmy Lake?

Don't even need to answer that one. That said, I do think he'll do better than Cougs hope and probably not as well as UW fans hope.

I said the Main Rivals Board .

Here is the link for you to go inform them on who the great Jimmy Lake is . They are asking to be informed and I think that you are just the man for the job.

https://forums.rivals.com/forums/the-main-board.26/

Last edited:
If UW were to have an open search to land the best head coach they could find, given their resources, does anyone think the search would land on Jimmy Lake?

Don't even need to answer that one. That said, I do think he'll do better than Cougs hope and probably not as well as UW fans hope.
Nonetheless, this looks a lot like it's been the succession plan for awhile. It'll work unless it doesn't.

Why would I take a mulligan?

In this thread you’ve misspelled Petersen’s name, called Jen Cohen a man, and said that Willie Taggart was the uw coach.

So, yes, take a mulligan.

Ah yes, the usual suspects all in on their wishful thinking.

In what way will WSU win recruiting battles over UW because Lake is the HC? I’m curious.
Fellas, any more rollaway beds for Huskies who crash Coug boards and try to be beat cops and enforce Husky-approved orthodoxy here? Or are we at full capacity already?

PS for all the Huskies here - now is a weirder time than ever to be policing Coug boards. Time to be with your families.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Fellas, any more rollaway beds for Huskies who crash Coug boards and try to be beat cops and enforce Husky-approved orthodoxy here? Or are we at full capacity already?

PS for all the Huskies here - now is a weirder time than ever to be policing Coug boards. Time to be with your families.

Or head over to S. Small's old mans twitter feed and try to convince him that his son shouldn't bail.

Nonetheless, this looks a lot like it's been the succession plan for awhile. It'll work unless it doesn't.

Yeah, rivalry stuff aside, and even though I think there are better head coaches out there, I think he's actually well-positioned to do OK. Not likely going to implode like Coug fans hope. Best case for us here in terms of a UW implosion would have been Petersen suddenly leaving, some kind of bad hire coming in who brought his own DC or didn't mesh well with Lake or Petersen's other guys, etc. Instead, you have Lake keeping most of Petersen's staff, likely being smart enough to keep Kwiatkowski to blame if things don't go well and to continue to take credit from if they do, and bringing in a new OC as they were going to do anyway.

Reactions: HHusky
In this thread you’ve misspelled Petersen’s name, called Jen Cohen a man, and said that Willie Taggart was the uw coach.

That is just pre season training for Ed for all the upcoming Wulff threads in the off season.

Closest parallel I can formulate is when The Chipster left the Ducks hanging and they promptly promoted their offensive coordinator. They haven't fully recovered yet, some six years later.

My bad...sorry you couldn't figure out Peterson was Petersen in the typo, or that Jen is a her vs him, and that Taggart was a head coach before he took the Oregon gig. So I don't need a mulligan, I just foot wedged the ball from under the tree. But thanks for clearing it up.

You didn’t answer the question.

There isn’t a single recruit who is considering UW with a shred of ability who is going to flip his thinking to WSU because Pete is stepping into an advisory role and Lake is now the HC. You go to WSU if you’re lightly recruited to get playing time on a P5 football program for exposure you wouldn’t get at a bigger school... it’s a niche that some players have used to their advantage. Recruits don’t go to WSU thinking it’s their dream school... they go there to get an opportunity they wouldn’t get elsewhere. So no, WSU recruiting doesn’t matter in any of this.

There, not that hard.

So, somewhere between winless and undefeated?

Reactions: Slowmotionjones

There isn’t a single recruit who is considering UW with a shred of ability who is going to flip his thinking to WSU because Pete is stepping into an advisory role and Lake is now the HC. You go to WSU if you’re lightly recruited to get playing time on a P5 football program for exposure you wouldn’t get at a bigger school... it’s a niche that some players have used to their advantage. Recruits don’t go to WSU thinking it’s their dream school... they go there to get an opportunity they wouldn’t get elsewhere. So no, WSU recruiting doesn’t matter in any of this.

There, not that hard.
So what was your reason for not going to ewe-dub?

There isn’t a single recruit who is considering UW with a shred of ability who is going to flip his thinking to WSU because Pete is stepping into an advisory role and Lake is now the HC.

No, but they might to flip to Oregon, USC, Utah, etc.

Now we understand why Lake kept hanging around instead of taking a head coaching job. Hope CP's health is okay. Good coach. Great guy.
That was one of my problems with CP. I kinda liked the guy. I’ll always prefer that you have a coach that I can despise :)

There, not that hard.
This may comes as a surprise to you, but as a Coug fan posting on my home board, I am not legally obligated to answer your questions

Reactions: dgibbons
Ah yes the typical inferiority complex retort.

According to people on this board nobody has ever gone to UW. Being a UW student is a myth.
This is a perfect example of how to answer someone when you have no answer. Lead with an attack that doesn't answer the question.

Why does rooting for a team have a connection to going to college there? Half of the people in Whitman county that root for WSU never finished high school. I can see if he says something about the schools’ academic prestige, but I haven’t seen that.

Why does rooting for a team have a connection to going to college there? Half of the people in Whitman county that root for WSU never finished high school. I can see if he says something about the schools’ academic prestige, but I haven’t seen that.
Half the people in Whitman County still don’t have internet so wouldn’t be hanging out on a UW fan forum. These GRCC dudes at least had internet hooked up a few years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT