ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Will Falk receive, again, the P12 oPOW?

Will Luke Falk receive, again, receive the P12 oPOW?

• Yes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Falk gets the nod for *play* of the week, but I don't think he earned the player of the week award.

He's certainly deserving of it... but Cal's big qb numbers will edge him out.

Maybe since Falks QBR isn't quite as high. Goff's QBR is 75.7 and Falk is at 68.2. But man. There's a whole pile of stats that Falk has Goff beaten on. BUT in "raw QBR" Falk is #32 and Goff is #34… So just sayin. And to add to that.

Other metrics:
Falk is #1 in the nation in Pass EPA, Goff is 10th. And in total EPA, Falk is 5th in the nation, Goff is #23. In "action Plays" Luke is #1 in the Nation, Goff is tied at #13.
Goff in 10 games:
249 cmp out of 387 attempts making 64.3%
3319 yards
Yards after play (not really something that is on the QB but still, kinda) 8.6
30 TD's with 13 Int's.

Falk in 10 games:
391 cmp out of 556 attempts making 70.3%
4067 yards
Yards after play (again not really on Falk but kinda) 7.3
35 TD's with 8 Int's.

So anyways, yeah Goff is nothing to sneeze at, by ANY means… And you can pick out stats where he has Falk beat. But I betcha I, and others, could find more stats to show Falks superiority.

No the school has to nominate the player and WSU chose Gabe Marks this week.

I'm not sure. Goff has done what he was expected to do...and not much more. Falk has pretty much exploded, and he's only a sophomore.

Then again...they might give it to Goff, assuming Falk has it locked up for the next 2.

QBR - the worst metric ever invented
When he is done they will have to call it the Luke Falk award. He should be the player of the year, and it has nothing to do with the "numbers" except the number of times he led his team to a game tying or winning score.

Tom Brady sucked yesterday, except his last drive. Luke Falk is quickly becoming the Tom Brady of college football.

Possibly so but I'd wager with the proliferation of that metric, that many people still use it. With that being said, the Raw QBR puts Falk ahead of Goff and could be a real indicator that Falk could get Offensive Player of the Year in the PAC… I'd take that.

Good odds on him winning it after this weekend. Look for another 500+ and 5 TD game. 4 for the year almost assures him as the lock for OPOY(maybe McCaffrey) and 1st team All Pac 12(hard to argue anyone at QB over him at this rate).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT