ADVERTISEMENT

Post game Interviews/Quotes?

OrangeGravy

Head Coach
Nov 13, 2017
I'm actually looking forward to hearing what is said in that locker room. Sometimes it's so bad a coach just walks out and sometimes they tear into everyone and everything. I'm not sure which would be better

Not sure the screaming rant is appropriate on this one. Why we lost (complacency) isn't a mystery. Screaming at someone when they know they messed up is counter productive. It's more about the coach venting anger than helping the team get better.
Gotta ride the team extra hard in practice this week though. When the first player gives 90% you blow your top and tear him a new one. And this week lots of jobs should be up for grabs. We say that every week but it seems especially appropriate this week.

Not sure the screaming rant is appropriate on this one. Why we lost (complacency) isn't a mystery. Screaming at someone when they know they messed up is counter productive. It's more about the coach venting anger than helping the team get better.
Gotta ride the team extra hard in practice this week though. When the first player gives 90% you blow your top and tear him a new one. And this week lots of jobs should be up for grabs. We say that every week but it seems especially appropriate this week.
I would go so far as to say any job that has someone behind them that is remotely close in performance/talent, should be replaced to send a message. I have no idea what the depth chart looks like as far as how close the 2's are talent wise on D, but I would sit everyone i think I could get away with and not completely look like a high school team on defense. Who knows, maybe there are a couple gamers sitting there.

I don't think you shoot yourself in the foot to "send a message". Those are emotional decisions that likely backfire. But there are a couple spots, notably Travion Brown at LB, Cosmas Kwete at E, Langford at CB and Nicholas Sheetz at T who would probably help this team a lot. Gotta consider moving Calvin Jackson to slot especially if Arcanado is out for any length of time, too. Team probably needs to consider moving Fa'avae back to MLB too so Jahad and Justus aren't playing 90% of the snaps.

On the defensive side of the ball they've leaned on experienced veterans who aren't the most talented. Gotta consider playing some of the younger guys on D who might make some mental errors but just play a lot faster.

I would go so far as to say any job that has someone behind them that is remotely close in performance/talent, should be replaced to send a message. I have no idea what the depth chart looks like as far as how close the 2's are talent wise on D, but I would sit everyone i think I could get away with and not completely look like a high school team on defense. Who knows, maybe there are a couple gamers sitting there.

I don't think you shoot yourself in the foot to "send a message". Those are emotional decisions that likely backfire. But there are a couple spots, notably Travion Brown at LB, Cosmas Kwete at E, Langford at CB and Nicholas Sheetz at T who would probably help this team a lot. Gotta consider moving Calvin Jackson to slot especially if Arcanado is out for any length of time, too. Team probably needs to consider moving Fa'avae back to MLB too so Jahad and Justus aren't playing 90% of the snaps.

On the defensive side of the ball they've leaned on experienced veterans who aren't the most talented. Gotta consider playing some of the younger guys on D who might make some mental errors but just play a lot faster.

I'll never follow the roster enough to know any more than what we see on game day, but if there are younger players with more raw talent, I'd rather suffer through their growing pains than ride guys that can't make plays even when they know where to be. Talent can accidentally make plays sometimes and sometimes make up for mistakes. I'd happily take big mistakes for the chance at making big plays. We're already making big mistakes without any chance of making big plays it seems.

20 year old kids + the best of PAC 12 officiating/replay follies all wrapped up in one game. It is what it is. Historical clusterfck of nonsense that we will probably never witness again.

You get these games with leach. He will do amazing things, but then have the most inexcusable crazy games. In 06 at tech he beat colt McCoy and texas yet lost to 2-10 Colorado by 24. It is what it is. Enjoy the good moments.

I'll never follow the roster enough to know any more than what we see on game day, but if there are younger players with more raw talent, I'd rather suffer through their growing pains than ride guys that can't make plays even when they know where to be. Talent can accidentally make plays sometimes and sometimes make up for mistakes. I'd happily take big mistakes for the chance at making big plays. We're already making big mistakes without any chance of making big plays it seems.

Worked for UCLA all night.

Honestly, how much worse could putting in the 2s be? We just let one of the worst teams in Power 5 hang 67 points on us in our own house. What's the fear, that somebody will get to 68?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT