ADVERTISEMENT

Practice recap from the 4th

Looking forward to seeing what Patmon can do on the outside. Size and seems to have some explosiveness as well. Hopefully gives us the deep threat we seemed to miss last year and compliments Martin.

Looking forward to seeing what Patmon can do on the outside. Size and seems to have some explosiveness as well. Hopefully gives us the deep threat we seemed to miss last year and compliments Martin.
For those without reference, he's #12 and he's the kid near the beginning of the video taking in a long shot for a TD. He's 6'4" at 210lb. He has the size but no real reference on his speed, which is what he needs, IMHO. We have so many options at WR, it's truly about which kid is going to step up. It's going to be fun to see whom it'll be.

For those without reference, he's #12 and he's the kid near the beginning of the video taking in a long shot for a TD. He's 6'4" at 210lb. He has the size but no real reference on his speed, which is what he needs, IMHO. We have so many options at WR, it's truly about which kid is going to step up. It's going to be fun to see whom it'll be.

I'll withhold judgment on our WRs because after losing our top 2 from last season, I'm looking for reliable, physical and fast guys (like I see on most all other league teams) who are reliable and get open.

Reactions: SDCoug
I'll withhold judgment on our WRs because after losing our top 2 from last season, I'm looking for reliable, physical and fast guys (like I see on most all other league teams) who are reliable and get open.
after all of last years hype about the WR corps I too am with holding judgement

after all of last years hype about the WR corps I too am with holding judgement
Don't get me wrong, I get that they were... lack luster last year. When we needed a catch, we didn't get it, at times. But River getting banged up and Marks getting all the CB attention... no one stepped up. Solid at the short, had some decent blocking on the "throw-outs" but I'm looking forward to seeing whom is going to take over Marks spot.

I think Marks was such a verbal guy, he yelled at everyone, he was rowdy for lack of a better term...I wonder what vacuum in leadership there is out there. Personality wise, he's going to leave a very big hole. And I hope there is someone out there ready to slide into that "rowdy" leader role on the O. I emphasize... ON... THE... O....

Don't get me wrong, I get that they were... lack luster last year. When we needed a catch, we didn't get it, at times. But River getting banged up and Marks getting all the CB attention... no one stepped up. Solid at the short, had some decent blocking on the "throw-outs" but I'm looking forward to seeing whom is going to take over Marks spot.

I think Marks was such a verbal guy, he yelled at everyone, he was rowdy for lack of a better term...I wonder what vacuum in leadership there is out there. Personality wise, he's going to leave a very big hole. And I hope there is someone out there ready to slide into that "rowdy" leader role on the O. I emphasize... ON... THE... O....

Very good points. Marks and Cracraft were as expected but none of the others really separated themselves from the group. When River went down we all saw what happened. We do not need nor can reasonably expect anyone to become the Mr. Dependable that those two were but unless the group as a whole improves considerably then last year's performance over the post-River games is what we may see for the entire 2017 season. Not an enticing prospect.

Your comment about leadership among the receiver corps is well taken and one that I would hope the coaching staff gives consideration. Whether by word or by example one or more of the upperclass WRs need to grab the reins of the group and light a fire under their butts. Maybe the new addition to the staff (whose name I have forgotten) can inspire some of this.

I really hope they let Dimry be that guy this year. He had a pretty solid Holiday bowl and was a target that Falk could rely upon (from what I could see in the stands anyways). I think our WR's will be dangerous this year IMHO.

Dimry may be a surprise. leach has mentioned him a few times over the course of the spring practices.He has the height and speed to develop into a good WR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT