ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread

kougkurt

Hall Of Fame
Nov 19, 2011
Cougs drop this one and they’re staring a 3 game losing streak right in the eyes.

Won’t happen

38-27 Cougs

WSU 69, Arizona 28. We've lost our game to a Los Angeles school, we're going to crush Arizona and we are going to beat a Big 12 school in the Alamo Bowl and finish #10.
I don’t know if there’s enough time with the clock not stopping on 1st down anymore to score 69. Shortens the game quite a bit.

Tight game most the way, Cougs have injuries issues as most teams d0, almost half way through the season. Games like this define what type of coach Dickert is. It’s a game you are favored to win, you better win it. A loss and you are out of the national rankings the rest of the season. A win and you still have a long shot at 10 wins this year.

Tight game most the way, Cougs have injuries issues as most teams d0, almost half way through the season. Games like this define what type of coach Dickert is. It’s a game you are favored to win, you better win it. A loss and you are out of the national rankings the rest of the season. A win and you still have a long shot at 10 wins this year.
Completely agree. I've watched Arizona play against UW and USC and they can play. The QB can make throws and its defense is better than you'd expect. That said, it definitely is a game WSU should win with solid planning and execution. This one will tell us much about the team and Dickert. I think it is going to be a one-score game, whoever wins, and I hope it's 31-27 Cougs but I'm concerned that might be flipped.

If neither team has turnovers, I see us slowly pulling away; tied after one quarter, up 7-10 at half, up 10-14 at end of 3rd and winning by about 20. Add to that my opinion that we'll probably be ahead in the turnover department, and I feel pretty good about:

Final score WSU 41, UA 21.

If neither team has turnovers, I see us slowly pulling away; tied after one quarter, up 7-10 at half, up 10-14 at end of 3rd and winning by about 20. Add to that my opinion that we'll probably be ahead in the turnover department, and I feel pretty good about:

Final score WSU 41, UA 21.

Always put the leading teams score first. Just a pet peeve.

Always put the leading teams score first. Just a pet peeve.
Since I love to butt in unprompted, I'll just say those are point spreads, not scores. But I also hate it when people give the losing team's score first. I blame soccer.

Reactions: kougkurt
Since I love to butt in unprompted, I'll just say those are point spreads, not scores. But I also hate it when people give the losing team's score first. I blame soccer.
yeah that’s always been weird to me. Unless you are doing a surprise…wait for it! Thing. Winning score always first.

I don’t know if there’s enough time with the clock not stopping on 1st down anymore to score 69. Shortens the game quite a bit.
Pretty sure the clock DOES stop when a play results in a first down. However, the clock used to remain stopped until the ball was snapped again, whereas now the clock starts rolling again as soon as the ball is properly marked as ready for play. Slight difference, but it does allow a team running a fast paced offense to conserve time and get more plays in.

I think I can safely say this isn't the only thing to blame soccer for. That's all I have to say about that

Reactions: 425cougfan
well, we're back to Jekyl and Hyde WSU football, so I have no idea who is going to prevail. If we are really missing WR1-3, I don't have much confidence that the Cougs can win.

In the famous words of Dick Kim:

No WRs
No running game
No blocking
Cougs lose

Pretty sure the clock DOES stop when a play results in a first down. However, the clock used to remain stopped until the ball was snapped again, whereas now the clock starts rolling again as soon as the ball is properly marked as ready for play. Slight difference, but it does allow a team running a fast paced offense to conserve time and get more plays in.
Naw I don't think it stopped until the next snap - but it was stopped for a lot longer than now. Now it's like a couple of seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT