ADVERTISEMENT

QB John Bledsoe

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
Bledsoe wasn't at practice yesterday and it appears from an IG post by Drew Bledsoe that he underwent a surgical procedure. Could be out for the season. Theo Lawson posted this on Twitter a short time ago:

Well that probably will end up taking Bledsoe out of any contention for, as next years starter, which is now probably down to Cooper, Gunnar Cruz.

Well that probably will end up taking Bledsoe out of any contention for, as next years starter, which is now probably down to Cooper, Gunnar Cruz.

It sounds like you are writing him and I don't see why. Spring ball is far enough away for a full recovery with whatever is going with his leg, especially with our strength coaches, and its not like either Cooper or Cruz is going to be getting a lot of playing time with the three seniors ahead of them. He will lose practice time this year but he still knows the system so I dont see him at a huge disadvantage going into spring ball next year.

It sounds like you are writing him and I don't see why. Spring ball is far enough away for a full recovery with whatever is going with his leg, especially with our strength coaches, and its not like either Cooper or Cruz is going to be getting a lot of playing time with the three seniors ahead of them. He will lose practice time this year but he still knows the system so I dont see him at a huge disadvantage going into spring ball next year.

He is at a huge disadvantage. If you're not practicing, you're not getting better. End of story. Knowing the offense and taking physical reps in it are not the same. His progress on the field, at best, is at a stand still. The other kids aren't going to get worse.

Missing an entire season is a huge setback. One that some kids are just not able to overcome and get back into the race. Nothing stops. Everything and everyone keeps moving.

Honestly, I don't think very many people think that Bledsoe has a realistic chance of winning the starting role whether he had gotten injured or not. From a raw talent perspective, the other guys are better as far as we've heard.

Reactions: mikalalas
He gave up a scholarship at Northern Arizona to give WSU and the Pac-12 a try. Ironically, Neville got the scholarship and Bledsoe had to walk on even though Bledsoe was the first team 5A all state in Oregon, which doesn't mean he had better tools or potential than Neville. I would imagine John has always been a huge Cougar fan, given his bloodlines. He may be content to stick it out in Pullman even if he gets little to no game action. I tend to think he could be a backup and if injuries play a role at QB, he might get a chance to play. Good kid, I hope for the best for him.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: mikalalas
He gave up a scholarship at Northern Arizona to give WSU and the Pac-12 a try. Ironically, Neville got the scholarship and Bledsoe had to walk on even though Bledsoe was the first team 5A all state in Oregon, which doesn't mean he had better tools or potential than Neville. I would imagine John has always been a huge Cougar fan, given his bloodlines. He may be content to stick it out in Pullman even if he gets little to no game action. I tend to think he could be a backup and if injuries play a role at QB, he might get a chance to play. Good kid, I hope for the best for him.

Glad Cougar

His numbers in the spring game were very good, although I believe he faced mostly second- and third-teamers on defense. Even so, he threw some nice balls - not the bullets pops threw, but who has a howitzer like that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT