ADVERTISEMENT

Quarters

Cal blew an 18-point second half lead. The win could give Stanford some momentum but playing an overtime game in which the 5 starters played most of the minutes could also give the Trees some tired legs. We'll see. Either way, if the Cougars play well, they'll win. If they don't, it could be an early exit.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: kougkurt and Coug90
Cal blew an 18-point second half lead. The win could give Stanford some momentum but playing an overtime game in which the 5 starters played most of the minutes could also give the Trees some tired legs. We'll see. Either way, if the Cougars play well, they'll win. If they don't, it could be an early exit.

Glad Cougar
Yup overtime with no time to rest is fantastic. If we shoot 15% from 3 and 47% from the stripe again, doesn’t matter how tired the team is we are playing we are gonna lose.

Reactions: 79COUG
I didn't watch the game, but I am looking at the boxscore. What stands out to me is the difference in free throws: Stanford's 36 to Cal's 9. Cal had two starters foul out to a Stanford bench player fouling out. With the free throw differential being so much, there was no way Cal was going to win. Since I didn't see the game, not sure if the fouls were legitimate, or if Cal got fck'd.

I didn't watch the game, but I am looking at the boxscore. What stands out to me is the difference in free throws: Stanford's 36 to Cal's 9. Cal had two starters foul out to a Stanford bench player fouling out. With the free throw differential being so much, there was no way Cal was going to win. Since I didn't see the game, not sure if the fouls were legitimate, or if Cal got fck'd.
I didn't see the game either but also noticed the foul differential. But Cal shot 35 three-pointers in the game which suggests they didn't take the ball to the hoop very often. You never know with Pac-12 officiating.

Glad Cougar

I didn't see the game either but also noticed the foul differential. But Cal shot 35 three-pointers in the game which suggests they didn't take the ball to the hoop very often. You never know with Pac-12 officiating.

Glad Cougar
I tuned in late in the 4th quarter and watched through OT. Reffing seemed fine both ways to me. As said, Cal went ice cold and Stanford got hot on the 3-balls. They will be tired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT