ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic timeline on a Pac-12 reboot (2026)

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Feels the way thing are potentially headed, is no time (or energy) for a reboot.

I still think you have a pretty good conference to be had w/ the Pac-12 left overs and the best of the G5 schools

WSU, OSU, Boise, UNLV, Fresno, SDSU all are a strong west coast brands.

SMU, Memphis, Tulane, Liberty, Rice, S. Florida could be your east coast teams.

If we try and cobble something together now, it's blowing up the MWC, bringing over 8 schools, which from a media value perspective, don't get me too excited.

Feels the way thing are potentially headed, is no time (or energy) for a reboot.

I still think you have a pretty good conference to be had w/ the Pac-12 left overs and the best of the G5 schools

If we try and cobble something together now, it's blowing up the MWC, bringing over 8 schools, which from a media value perspective, don't get me too excited.
Why reboot? The final four will either join one or more other conferences. No reason to bring others in.

UNLV IS NOT A BRAND. Nobody cares about UNLV Football except for a few hundred students. In addition, they have always been irrelevant. The locals in Vegas don't care. Seriously.

Why reboot? The final four will either join one or more other conferences. No reason to bring others in.

Assumption is the west, midwest, best teams in G5 plus Cal, Stanford, WSU and OSU would create a new P5 conference, brining added media money and exposure. Stanford may be out, but Cal needs the money.

UNLV IS NOT A BRAND. Nobody cares about UNLV Football except for a few hundred students. In addition, they have always been irrelevant. The locals in Vegas don't care. Seriously.
They are a media market, Vegas, that has viewership. That's all that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT