ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits, Hts, Wts

COUGinNCW

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2010
With the pandemic there are a lot of offers going out to kids who the coaches have never seen or met in person. How many HS programs exaggerate Ht and Wt? Watching the film of Brock Dieu made me question his Ht when it looked liked the guy he was up against must have been 6’9” if he’s 6’2”.

There might be some surprises when these kids end up on campus.

With the pandemic there are a lot of offers going out to kids who the coaches have never seen or met in person. How many HS programs exaggerate Ht and Wt? Watching the film of Brock Dieu made me question his Ht when it looked liked the guy he was up against must have been 6’9” if he’s 6’2”.

Could be. Although I don't see kids saying they're 6'2" when they're really 6'3". So probably ok there. That kid does everything you want a kid to do that could be undersized. If he shows up on the shorter and lighter side, play him at center. He will be a nightmare for linebackers. He will not just get in their way, he will knock them down. All the WSU back will have to do is get past the LOS and he is in the secondary.

Perhaps as the military does--a report from a physician. At least when I went in, I had to have a physical before I got my plane ticket to leave for basic. I don't know how recruiting goes, but do student athletes have to have a physical? That information would be in the report ....

Especially since we seem to be whiffing on in-state recruits (which I was led to believe would be a priority with the new staff)

Perhaps as the military does--a report from a physician. At least when I went in, I had to have a physical before I got my plane ticket to leave for basic. I don't know how recruiting goes, but do student athletes have to have a physical? That information would be in the report ....

Usually coaches eyeball them in the spring and again during the official visit. You can exaggerate your height by an inch or so any maybe by 5-10 lbs but you can tell who is fibbing pretty quick when you see them in person. I wonder if a bunch of kids lose offers this fall when it becomes obvious they were lying about their measurements.

Usually coaches eyeball them in the spring and again during the official visit. You can exaggerate your height by an inch or so any maybe by 5-10 lbs but you can tell who is fibbing pretty quick when you see them in person. I wonder if a bunch of kids lose offers this fall when it becomes obvious they were lying about their measurements.

On this point, I remember Kevin Griffin saying he was 6'1" and something like 185 in his recruiting profile, on Hudl, etc., and then he showed up and was 5'10" and might have weighed 165.

Especially since we seem to be whiffing on in-state recruits (which I was led to believe would be a priority with the new staff)

Don't blame the staff for not being able to turn around 100 years of west siders their noses at WSU.

Don't blame the staff for not being able to turn around 100 years of west siders their noses at WSU.

Turns out branding the school as scrappy, lovable losers doesn't work in the current environment. Rolo's putting in the work in state but, honestly, I don't see it paying off in a meaningful way. We can beat out programs like Arizona and Oregon St for the locals, but we'll lose to most other P5 programs.

Reactions: Harvey Road
Turns out branding the school as scrappy, lovable losers doesn't work in the current environment. Rolo's putting in the work in state but, honestly, I don't see it paying off in a meaningful way. We can beat out programs like Arizona and Oregon St for the locals, but we'll lose to most other P5 programs.

He’s Right, You Know

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT