ADVERTISEMENT

reviews

longtimecoug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
critical calls reviewed went our way for once. I have to think that the scrutiny over the last few weeks regarding the review process played a role

I guarantee that UCLA fans are the ones complaining today. I don't think any of the reviews were egregiously off, but we got some close calls our way.

With P12 officiating there will always be a bunch of bizarre (and wrong) calls.

But as we've been saying on here the past few weeks, I think another couple years of winning is going to do some great things for how we net out on officiating. Zebras don't think twice about screwing you over on what to them is a 50/50 call. They do think twice about screwing over a Stanford or an Oregon.

If we keep winning and start to build that reputation, we will FAR more often be on the right side of 50/50 calls, and just generally get the benefit of the doubt on calls/no-calls. Whatever you think about the McCaffrey/McLennan fumble, Stanford is on the winning side of that 50/50 bang-bang call because they worked their way to the top and gained the benefit of the doubt, which is so important because the call on the field stands in those many situations where the replay is not conclusive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT