ADVERTISEMENT

Riley back to Oregon State is a complete head scratcher

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Just read they are paying him 50k, but I have no idea why you'd want him on the staff.

Even if it's just sweeping floors.

He has history. He left. Got fired.

Let Smith coach and create his own mark.

Just read they are paying him 50k, but I have no idea why you'd want him on the staff.

Smith is a lazy alum hire (ala Wulff) but at least is trying to get a staff w/ some experience.

If he agreed to a $50,000 salary....it would be to benefit the salary pool as a whole.

Pretty sweet deal for OSU. Riley's check goes from $170,000 down to a paltry 166,000 a month. Maybe he's the quality control guy and gets to problem solve wherever he wants to..

I agree, since he’s maybe the most successful in school history. But maybe since Riley coached Smith they can make it work.

If he agreed to a $50,000 salary....it would be to benefit the salary pool as a whole.

Pretty sweet deal for OSU. Riley's check goes from $170,000 down to a paltry 166,000 a month. Maybe he's the quality control guy and gets to problem solve wherever he wants to..

I couldn't live on a measly $177,000 per month.

Sounds like a good move by OSU and a pay it forward gesture from Riley to Smith and Oregon State.

Why would Smith not benefit from Riley’s presence on the staff?

Sounds like a good move by OSU and a pay it forward gesture from Riley to Smith and Oregon State.

Why would Smith not benefit from Riley’s presence on the staff?
I don't know. We could create some conspiracy theories. Riley wants Smith to secretly fail as HC of OSU. He may be the hardest working assistant under Smith for the next couple of years. Recruiting and problem solving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT