ADVERTISEMENT

WSU has a massive decision to make with Kyle Smith

Why spend money on large boxes and luxury suites. Who in Pullman is gong to buy those? Just leave things alone and put the money toward Coaching and NIL. Debt to build stuff that isn't needed is just a waste.

With the end of the Pac12 comes an end of TV so some fans will make the drive and some students will opt to go to the games. Front loading of good teams for the next 2 years will make fans have more interest in early season games as they have a chance to be a good game instead of dogtrot paid U

Right now isn't the time to put in luxury boxes....but trust me....they will pay for themselves as long as we don't overdo it. I bought tickets in the club seats at the football stadium for the Stanford game and it was great. More people value that than you think.

Reactions: Coug90
I was speaking with one of our bigger donors at a football tail gait last season in the Beasley lot, and he was under the impression that renovating Beasely is going to be a massive undertaking. Like a lot of you, I figured that remodeling the aesthetics would suffice, but he said the age of the structure will trigger additional requirements if we embark on a "facelift."

I have no idea who he was exactly or how informed he is on the subject, but he's a big fish for sure. Beasley is 50 years old now, so it wouldn't surprise me if there are code issues that would need to be addressed. Elson Floyd started talking about WSU needing a "long term solution" for the arena years ago, so there's definitely more to this story than a simple fresh coat of paint and some new fabric on the seats.

I can't link the article I pulled this from, but it's from 2022 and it brings up some good points. Obviously, if the cost of a new facility is only 5-10% more than a remodel, WSU would likely move in that direction. Doing so would allow WSU to continue using Beasley while the new facility is being constructed. That's a huge benefit.

So, would it be a renovated Beasley or a brand-new building? Tough to say at this point (and why the school put out the RFQ!). I would suspect that if the costs are roughly the same with a completely new building costing somewhere around 5-10% more, the school may just go for that so as to not interrupt the use of Beasley for the 18-24 months it would take to complete the building. If the school does go that route, I’d expect them to build the new facility in either of the parking lots adjacent to Beasley currently.
A remodel could very well be the way to go but would also mean both basketball teams are playing games in Bohler Gym for at least a season. Graduations would also need to occur outdoors, a less than ideal situation but doable for a few semesters if need be.

I can't link the article I pulled this from, but it's from 2022 and it brings up some good points. Obviously, if the cost of a new facility is only 5-10% more than a remodel, WSU would likely move in that direction. Doing so would allow WSU to continue using Beasley while the new facility is being constructed. That's a huge benefit.

So, would it be a renovated Beasley or a brand-new building? Tough to say at this point (and why the school put out the RFQ!). I would suspect that if the costs are roughly the same with a completely new building costing somewhere around 5-10% more, the school may just go for that so as to not interrupt the use of Beasley for the 18-24 months it would take to complete the building. If the school does go that route, I’d expect them to build the new facility in either of the parking lots adjacent to Beasley currently.
A remodel could very well be the way to go but would also mean both basketball teams are playing games in Bohler Gym for at least a season. Graduations would also need to occur outdoors, a less than ideal situation but doable for a few semesters if need be.
I would like to see Beasley's capacity reduced to say 7-8 k. Also, if I could pull and I dream of Jeannie amd cross my arms and make a wish, they would find a way to partner with a a hotel chain and build a hotel with rooms that can view the court.

But whatever they would do they have to make it more intimate

I would like to see Beasley's capacity reduced to say 7-8 k. Also, if I could pull and I dream of Jeannie amd cross my arms and make a wish, they would find a way to partner with a a hotel chain and build a hotel with rooms that can view the court.

If the foundation is up to code and can handle a renovation, I would agree. The upper bowl could be scrapped in favor of luxury suites, and what I'd love to see, an expansive beer garden viewing area.

If the foundation is up to code and can handle a renovation, I would agree. The upper bowl could be scrapped in favor of luxury suites, and what I'd love to see, an expansive beer garden viewing area.
That’s the one thing we’re doing right w Beasley is selling beer

In today’s environment a new arena or massive remodel would pay less dividends than just a few years ago and the benefits would be several years away. Trying to keep coach Smith is important but imo a new arena and other program related spending are low level concerns. Everybody has to be prepared to build a whole new team every year and that makes imo NIL money the most important factor after salary.
Ultimately Smith will have to do what he feels is best for him and his family and career is only part of the decision.

I agree and when for the next 2 years you are playing in the WCC, Beasley would be as it is the best facility hands down in the conference. With the upcoming change I would expect packed houses for several of the conference teams and a much better pre-season selection of games.

Gee scroll up to Page 1 and read the article I have linked in 2 threads now. The one with the picture of Beasley's scoreboard

No and no.

That’s the one thing we’re doing right w Beasley is selling beer
But they need to figure out how to get rid of the lines. How about bringing “Bill the Beer man” back to sell beer in the stands. I’d gladly pay a premium for that.

Biggs says they should build an arena that holds 18k.

Reactions: Coug90
I was speaking with one of our bigger donors at a football tail gait last season in the Beasley lot, and he was under the impression that renovating Beasely is going to be a massive undertaking. Like a lot of you, I figured that remodeling the aesthetics would suffice, but he said the age of the structure will trigger additional requirements if we embark on a "facelift."

I have no idea who he was exactly or how informed he is on the subject, but he's a big fish for sure. Beasley is 50 years old now, so it wouldn't surprise me if there are code issues that would need to be addressed. Elson Floyd started talking about WSU needing a "long term solution" for the arena years ago, so there's definitely more to this story than a simple fresh coat of paint and some new fabric on the seats.
Typically if you start doing a remodel on a structure the appropriate municipality will require that the entire structure be brought up to current codes.

Couple things I noticed from attending the mutt game last week-there definitely needs to be more signage (Restrooms, concessions, will call, maps, etc) both inside and outside, and there needs to be handrails in the upper level stairs. Something like was done in Martin Stadium several/many years ago.

Typically if you start doing a remodel on a structure the appropriate municipality will require that the entire structure be brought up to current codes.
Yes. That's what I (and the donor I had the conversation with) was referring to.

After reading a article by Seattle times, and by Cougcenter, I've a gut feeling Smith is about 59% to 69% to stay at WSU.

Here is my case.

1. Washington, Ohio St, West Virginia, DePaul are the only jobs that have a HC opening so far.

And none of them are semi blue blood to blue blood bball programs like Duke's, North Carolina, Kentucky's, etc.

And it's probably less likely this season, that a opening that Smith would be interested in would open up.

And Smith is probably not interested in West Virginia, Ohio State, DePaul.

And Washington is not much of a better bball program then WSU, and UW is going to have a HARD time in Big 10 in bball. And LOTS of sources are saying it's Dan Sprinkles job, if he wants it, and that he might probably want it, since his father played at UW.

2. In the Seattle times article, altho contract negotiations has been tabled until after the season, etc, Smith, and others have said that WSU, Schultz, Chun, fans, etc, WANT HIM SMITH HERE AT WSU, and Smith said THAT'S AWESOME(Because he has said how much he loves WSU, Pullman(Which has been confirmed by the rest of his family, and by his friends, and by Chaz the radio announcer, and by his players, etc)

3. He believes in God, is a church going person, etc, so he is probably being honest about what he has said, and is probably not lying, and might probably not leave(For now, at least this season, as long as his pay is not cut down 10% from 1.5 million.

4. According to the Seattle times, WSU has access to $250 million PAC money, from which to give Smith a raise.

5. Smith seems like he is like Randy Bennet, Mark Few that turn down more money to build something special.

6. The Seattle Times said that Smith's Salary + incentives + bonus's of 1.5 million + those things, is right up there with Mark Few(1.7 million and that there is about only about 10 to 13 or so programs that pay about 3,4,5 million, and almost all of them won't have HC vacancies(Only ones would be UW(about 3.3 mil), Ohio St), meaning that as long as WSU, Chun doesn't cut his pay, and gives him a raise to about 1.83 mil to about 2 mil to about 2.25 + incentives, bonuses(That Smith will probably hit), then there probably won't be anyone that offers enough, substantially, a lot more, combined with fit, program situation, etc, that wpuld, could get Smith, etc, considering all the points above, at least this season, coaching carousel cycle.

7. Smith's family loving it in Pullman

8. Smiths home, family, etc, in Pullman.

9. Smith's disabled son.

10. Smith's Wife being from Chelan Area.

11. The combined amalgamation of all the above things combined together, combined with how as long as Schultz, Chun, doesnt FCK everything up by cutting Smith's pay by 10%, then Smith is probably staying.

I'm getting a gut feeling he Smith is staying, at least for another season

There is a chance that Smith might leave, that I could be wrong, and if so, wouldn't shock, surprise me if that happened.

But I think Smith probably will stay for at least 1 more season.

And I don't think we have to be worried that Smith will leave this season, as I don't think he will leave this season, and don't think we need to worry that the sky is supposedly falling, because Smith supposedly, theoretically, technically could leave.

WSU has a semi good, ok chance that either Smith probably stays for now, or gets replaced by either Jim Shaw or hopefully another good coach.

We should enjoy the season, and not be worried about Smith leaving, etc.

Smith is at least semi probably staying for at least another season.

After reading a article by Seattle times, and by Cougcenter, I've a gut feeling Smith is about 59% to 69% to stay at WSU.

Here is my case.

1. Washington, Ohio St, West Virginia, DePaul are the only jobs that have a HC opening so far.

And none of them are semi blue blood to blue blood bball programs like Duke's, North Carolina, Kentucky's, etc.

And it's probably less likely this season, that a opening that Smith would be interested in would open up.

And Smith is probably not interested in West Virginia, Ohio State, DePaul.

And Washington is not much of a better bball program then WSU, and UW is going to have a HARD time in Big 10 in bball. And LOTS of sources are saying it's Dan Sprinkles job, if he wants it, and that he might probably want it, since his father played at UW.

2. In the Seattle times article, altho contract negotiations has been tabled until after the season, etc, Smith, and others have said that WSU, Schultz, Chun, fans, etc, WANT HIM SMITH HERE AT WSU, and Smith said THAT'S AWESOME(Because he has said how much he loves WSU, Pullman(Which has been confirmed by the rest of his family, and by his friends, and by Chaz the radio announcer, and by his players, etc)

3. He believes in God, is a church going person, etc, so he is probably being honest about what he has said, and is probably not lying, and might probably not leave(For now, at least this season, as long as his pay is not cut down 10% from 1.5 million.

4. According to the Seattle times, WSU has access to $250 million PAC money, from which to give Smith a raise.

5. Smith seems like he is like Randy Bennet, Mark Few that turn down more money to build something special.

6. The Seattle Times said that Smith's Salary + incentives + bonus's of 1.5 million + those things, is right up there with Mark Few(1.7 million and that there is about only about 10 to 13 or so programs that pay about 3,4,5 million, and almost all of them won't have HC vacancies(Only ones would be UW(about 3.3 mil), Ohio St), meaning that as long as WSU, Chun doesn't cut his pay, and gives him a raise to about 1.83 mil to about 2 mil to about 2.25 + incentives, bonuses(That Smith will probably hit), then there probably won't be anyone that offers enough, substantially, a lot more, combined with fit, program situation, etc, that wpuld, could get Smith, etc, considering all the points above, at least this season, coaching carousel cycle.

7. Smith's family loving it in Pullman

8. Smiths home, family, etc, in Pullman.

9. Smith's disabled son.

10. Smith's Wife being from Chelan Area.

11. The combined amalgamation of all the above things combined together, combined with how as long as Schultz, Chun, doesnt FCK everything up by cutting Smith's pay by 10%, then Smith is probably staying.

I'm getting a gut feeling he Smith is staying, at least for another season

There is a chance that Smith might leave, that I could be wrong, and if so, wouldn't shock, surprise me if that happened.

But I think Smith probably will stay for at least 1 more season.

And I don't think we have to be worried that Smith will leave this season, as I don't think he will leave this season, and don't think we need to worry that the sky is supposedly falling, because Smith supposedly, theoretically, technically could leave.

WSU has a semi good, ok chance that either Smith probably stays for now, or gets replaced by either Jim Shaw or hopefully another good coach.

We should enjoy the season, and not be worried about Smith leaving, etc.

Smith is at least semi probably staying for at least another season.
"3. He believes in God, is a church going person, etc, so he is probably being honest about what he has said, and is probably not lying,"
Tony Bennett and I got a chuckle out of #3.

Basketball coaches salary list below. Apparently as of yesterday. Few shows up at 2.7 million. Must have gotten a raise after St. Mary's beat him.

42 coaches at $3 million or above, not 10-13.

I'm still amazed that after 5 years Smith and his family live in Pullman. Earthshattering (#8)

Please find and link the Seattle Times article that says the Pac-2 has $250 million? I hope so, but can't find that.

Basketball coaches salary list below. Apparently as of yesterday. Few shows up at 2.7 million. Must have gotten a raise after St. Mary's beat him.

I'm still amazed that after 5 years Smith and his family live in Pullman. Earthshattering (#8)

Please find and link the Seattle Times article that says the Pac-2 has $250 million? I hope so, but can't find that.

I was optimistic about pac2 $ until the news that coaches were taking a 10% pay cut. That doesn’t bode well for the athletic budget. I believe smith likes WSU and would like to stay but he’s outperformed his contract and it doesn’t look like we’ve got the money to give him the raise he’s earned. If he stays god bless him, but that’s a tough ask.

Reactions: kougkurt

The 1.7 million salary of Mark Few is what the Seattle Times article said that I read.

The 2.7 mil is probably the base 1.7 mil + Bonuses, incentives that probably adds up to 2.7 mil.

The 250 million, I thought was in the story, could have come from several of the story comments, but the 1.7 mil number of Mark Few's salary is directly in the news story article by the Seattle Times, and didn't come from the story comments.

Unlike you or others, when I read some articles, etc, I don't go think, say "I better copy, bookmark this article, just in case I want to post it, and about it in Wazzu Watch and other places, and just because the TROLL(S) Loyal, and others like him want to be NIT PICKERS on everything, and miss the OVERALL point that was making, and in case they want a link, etc."

No, instead like most people normally do, I read something, article, etc, don't bookmark it, and then later on think "I think what I read seems to help make a point I would like to make on(Insert place, etc(Wazzu Watch, etc), and since I can't seem to find that article again, then I'm not going to search forever for it, and will just tell what I read, and make a, my point"

I was optimistic about pac2 $ until the news that coaches were taking a 10% pay cut. That doesn’t bode well for the athletic budget. I believe smith likes WSU and would like to stay but he’s outperformed his contract and it doesn’t look like we’ve got the money to give him the raise he’s earned. If he stays god bless him, but that’s a tough ask.

Part of the point to WSU getting lawyered up and going to court was to get the MILLIONS in PAC money(about 100+ mil to 250 mil).

How can WSU get control of that kind of money, and not be able to get at least a little tiny bit of that or at least enough of that to get the athletic budget in the black, give Smith a raise, and give some to the 10, and still have more then enough left over to rebuild PAC?

Schultz, Chun saying there is not enough money, and that Smith's Salary has to supposedly, theoretically, technically be cut by 10% from 1.5 mil doesn't pass the SMELL test, and SMELLS of BS.

I might have misunderstood the article when it comes to the 10 to 13 coaches thing. Maybe the article talked about how the top 10 to 13 coaches or top 10 to 13% of coaches make 3,4,5,6 mil per year, and maybe I misremembered that into thinking the article said that there was only about 10 to 13 that get 3,4,5,6 mil per year.

Or the Seattle times article might have actually put 10 to 13 and might have been in error.

Again the OVERALL point is, was that there is not a lot of coaches making 3,4,5,6 million, and not a lot of programs that would pay out 3.5 mil, 4,5,6 mil, that would hire Smith away from WSU.

42 coaches, altho may seem a semi lot, is not a lot compared to the number of Power Conference, Mid Major conference programs that on same level or better then WSU's program historically, etc.

Again you nitpick like a TROLL.

Last edited:
Bottom line is that Smith will require a healthy raise.

About 1.83 Mil to about 2 mil to about 2.33 mil salary probably gets Smith to stay at least for next season.

Even a raise to 1.63 mil might be enough for Smith to stay for next season as I don't think Smith is interested in UW, and UW is interested in Dan Sprinkle, and Dan Sprinkle's father was at the UW Huskies, and since UW is not much better then WSU bball wise, and have a HARD TIME in Big 10, and since Ohio State, West Virginia, Louisville are are probably not jobs that Smith interested in, and probably would not pay Smith enough to hire Smith away, because of all the factors I named like how much he likes WSU, etc.

Now after next season, there could be a LOT more HIGH paying HIGH profile, etc, programs that would be interesting enough to Smith, to hire Smith away from WSU.

So I think Smith semi probably stays at WSU for at least next coming season, as long as WSU, Schultz, Chun doesn't FCK everything up by cutting Smith's pay 10% to not giving Smith a raise to at least 1.63 million + bonuses, incentives.

Bottom line is that Smith will require a healthy raise.
I wonder if NIL might have a bigger impact than a raise. Find $1M+ in NIL so he has a chance to keep players they identified and developed like Rice and Wells or replace them in the portal. Charters wouldn't hurt as well.

Last edited:
Vanderbilt is expected to make a run at Kyle Smith. They boast a strong basketball tradition, SEC membership, a desirable city with a good cost of living, and double the pay.

Reactions: Observer11
Kyle Smith would leave for Louisville, Ohio State and West Virginia in a heartbeat

Vandy would be enticing based on desirability of location

Kyle Smith would leave for Louisville, Ohio State and West Virginia in a heartbeat

I think it's going to take about at least about a minimum of 3.85 mil per year for the right program to hire Smith away.

Ohio St, West Virginia, while good, great Football programs, they are not that much better of a bball program then WSU is, and they are in a STACKED, LOADED bball conference with Purdue types, which is not a good recipe for Kyle Smith's continued success.

Your right that Vandy has a GREAT LOCATION. Doubt that Vandy can afford a minimum of about a 3.85 mil per year.

Vandy has had in the ANCIENT PAST a strong tradition of bball in the SEC. But again, recently, and now, they Vandy are not that much better, if at all better then WSU, and has to compete against Kentucky, etc, and probably even with Kyle Smith, probably would finish at bottom of the SEC, most of the time, as Vandy is pretty much USUALLY the JOKE of the SEC, in at least semi recent times(AKA the past ABOUT 10 to 15 to 20 years)

Programs that Smith would probably goto:

Gonzaga
St Mary's
Oregon
Arizona
UCLA
USC
Utah
Colorado
Wichita St
Creighton
Xavier
Seton Hall
Providence
Georgetown
Syracuse
Butler
Villanova
UConn
Memphis
Louisville
BYU
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
Texas
Texas A&M
Oklahoma St
North Carolina
Duke
Wake Forest
Marquette
Virginia
Kansas
Kentucky
Houston
Purdue
Indiana

Might have missed a few, and might be wrong about a few of the above, but OVERALL those are probably the colleges that are good enough, have enough bball tradition, would pay enough, that might semi probably be interesting to Smith, etc.

Last edited:

I kind of see WVU in terms of Smith's approach. I could see him turning them into a pain in the ass in the Big 12. I'm jealous of their rabid fanbase. The other 3 would offer a lot of cash and resources, but are places you go to get fired.

I think it's going to take about at least about a minimum of 3.85 mil per year for the right program to hire Smith away.

Ohio St, West Virginia, while good, great Football programs, they are not that much better of a bball program then WSU is, and they are in a STACKED, LOADED bball conference with Purdue types, which is not a good recipe for Kyle Smith's continued success.

Your right that Vandy has a GREAT LOCATION. Doubt that Vandy can afford a minimum of about a 3.85 mil per year.

Vandy has had in the ANCIENT PAST a strong tradition of bball in the SEC. But again, recently, and now, they Vandy are not that much better, if at all better then WSU, and has to compete against Kentucky, etc, and probably even with Kyle Smith, probably would finish at bottom of the SEC, most of the time, as Vandy is pretty much USUALLY the JOKE of the SEC, in at least semi recent times(AKA the past ABOUT 10 to 15 to 20 years)

Gonzaga
St Mary's
Oregon
Arizona
UCLA
USC
Utah
Colorado
Wichita St
Creighton
Xavier
Seton Hall
Providence
Georgetown
Syracuse
Butler
Villanova
UConn
Memphis
Louisville
BYU
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
Texas
Texas A&M
Oklahoma St
North Carolina
Duke
Wake Forest
Marquette
Virginia
Kansas
Kentucky

Might have missed a few, and might be wrong about a few of the above, but OVERALL those are probably the colleges that are good enough, have enough bball tradition, would pay enough, that might semi probably be interesting to Smith, etc.

And of these only Louisville has a open HC position that Seattle Times article mentioned unless some colleges on that list have newly fired their HC, looking for a new HC.

It's possible that Louisville might try to hire Smith. It's possible that Smith might be interested in Louisville, but it's also possible that Louisville is more interested in another candidate over Smith, and it's possible that Smith wouldn't be interested in Louisville

I just don't think Smith leaves and think he probably stays for at least next season, if WSU, Schultz, Chun give Smith a raise to 1.83 million + bonus incentives, and as long as don't cut Smith's pay by 10%.

I kind of see WVU in terms of Smith's approach. I could see him turning them into a pain in the ass in the Big 12. I'm jealous of their rabid fanbase. The other 3 would offer a lot of cash and resources, but are places you go to get fired.

The BIG 12 is probably the STRONGEST bball conference in country. If Smith goes to West Virginia, he will be in the bottom half of the big 12 standings most years, almost all years.

The BIG 12 is probably the STRONGEST bball conference in country. If Smith goes to West Virginia, he will be in the bottom half of the big 12 standings most years, almost all years.

Louisville is the biggest threat, but they might hire someone else, and Smith might or might not be interested in them.

I wonder if NIL might have a bigger impact than a raise. Find $1M+ in NIL so he has a chance to keep players they identified and developed like Rice and Wells or replace them in the portal. Charters wouldn't hurt as well.

He's going to have to get paid or he's going to leave. It wouldn't be surprising if he wants his assistants paid more. All BS aside, we have to find him the money he wants as long as its not unreasonably high.

I'm not sure UW, Ohio St, offer Smith the about 4 million per year it would take to hire Smith away from WSU.

And UW sources, and lots of other sources are saying that the UW job belongs to Dan Sprinkler's if he wants it, and that he will want it because Dan Sprinkler's father was at UW Huskies.

Last edited:
After 5 years at $3.5 million plus, firing isn’t such a bad ending.

Or you go to the Final Four.

It’s some pretty awesome game theory for a stats guy like Smith. Zero risk.

Mick Cronin is on the short list at Louisville

Which then dominoes open UCLA

Shortlist means that there are other candidates on that Shortlist, that Louisville might hire that not Cronin, Smith.

Look there is a chance that the coaching carousel, musical chairs might hire away Smith from WSU.

But there is probably a higher chance of that not happening, and of Smith staying at WSU for at least 1 more year, this coming next season, as long as WSU, Schultz, Chun, don't FCK everything up by cutting Smith's pay by about 10% and not raising Smith's pay to About 1.83 mil to about 2 mil to about 2.33 mil per year.

But yes IF Louisville hires Cronin, then UCLA might hire Smith instead of 3 to 5 to 7 other candidates.

About 1.83 Mil to about 2 mil to about 2.33 mil salary probably gets Smith to stay at least for next season.

Even a raise to 1.63 mil might be enough for Smith to stay for next season as I don't think Smith is interested in UW, and UW is interested in Dan Sprinkle, and Dan Sprinkle's father was at the UW Huskies, and since UW is not much better then WSU bball wise, and have a HARD TIME in Big 10, and since Ohio State, West Virginia, Louisville are are probably not jobs that Smith interested in, and probably would not pay Smith enough to hire Smith away, because of all the factors I named like how much he likes WSU, etc.

Now after next season, there could be a LOT more HIGH paying HIGH profile, etc, programs that would be interesting enough to Smith, to hire Smith away from WSU.

So I think Smith semi probably stays at WSU for at least next coming season, as long as WSU, Schultz, Chun doesn't FCK everything up by cutting Smith's pay 10% to not giving Smith a raise to at least 1.63 million + bonuses, incentives.
If Smith doubles his salary I am guessing 41% to 42% to 45% we keep him. Stop with wife is from Chelan, likes Pullman. The only coach I know who didn't like Pullman was Tony and his wife. George has great memories of Pullman... he left.

Walden loved Pullman, he left. Dennis was from the state of Washington, he left.

Our VB coach just left. Leach loved Pullman. He left. And that is when we belonged to a conference.

If Smith doubles his salary I am guessing 41% to 42% to 45% we keep him. Stop with wife is from Chelan, likes Pullman. The only coach I know who didn't like Pullman was Tony and his wife. George has great memories of Pullman... he left.

Walden loved Pullman, he left. Dennis was from the state of Washington, he left.

Our VB coach just left. Leach loved Pullman. He left. And that is when we belonged to a conference.

The irony is that WSU arguably has more opportunity to be successful in basketball now that we aren't part of the Pac-12. Gonzaga pulls in $21 million per year in basketball due to their extended success in a sh!tty conference. Wichita State paid Gregg Marshall $3.6 million per year when they were in the Missouri Valley Conference and they didn't even have football to help pay the bills.

Vandy is pretty much USUALLY the JOKE of the SEC, in at least semi recent times(AKA the past ABOUT 10 to 15 to 20 years)

Gonzaga
St Mary's
St Mary's longtime coach makes $1,083,00/year.

West Virginia is in the Big-12 not the B1G with Purdue.

Vandy's coach makes $3.2 million/year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT