ADVERTISEMENT

River?

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Surprised his name hasn't been mentioned. Great hands wr. Hope he gets a shot. I'm shocked he's not on a team yet.

if he proves himself in Canada,he may yet make it to the NFL. . One did not really appreciate him until he was injured. His loss was big one for the cougs at the time.

if he proves himself in Canada,he may yet make it to the NFL. . One did not really appreciate him until he was injured. His loss was big one for the cougs at the time.

I don't think he has the frame for the NFL. I could be wrong - there are smaller guys who can take the hits, but they are really good at deflecting and minimizing the impacts - River seems to get leveled every time.

I think he has an NFL shot. Steve Largent is a name that comes to mind. River took hits because he flat out went up for balls no matter what the consequence was.

Reactions: SDCoug
I thought that he benefited from all the defensive concentration on Marks. When he was lost for the season ,he was really missed.

We've had some very good receivers at WSU over the years, and none of them have gone on to star in the NFL. It has to be one of the toughest positions in all of professional sports to make a living at. Their stats jump out because of how often we throw the ball, but I don't see Marks or Cracraft as professional receivers. Marks has a shot, but Cracraft, great as he is, doesn't have the quickness off the line to challenge guys like Edelman, Beasley, Baldwin, and other possession receivers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT