ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Franks

CougDave

Head Coach
Jan 7, 2003
Franks wasn't drafted but I expect he will get a free agent chance. This site picks him as the second best undrafted player. Interesting commentary on Ernie Kent's defensive coaching skills (or rather lack of).

https://fansided.com/2019/06/21/nba-draft-2019-best-undrafted-players/amp/5/

Edit - Franks has signed a two way contract with Charlotte. Two way contracts I believe are for a pro rated salary depending on whether he is in the NBA or the G League. He will make more money than the typical G League player, evidently around $100k per year.

Last edited:
This may be why Flynn decided to leave WSU in search of better coaching at SDSU. Kent's stubborn refusal to coach defense deprives talented players of valuable skill development. Franks should send Ernie a bill for lost potential earnings. Kent can afford to pay it thanks to Moos.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: TTyacke1
Franks wasn't drafted but I expect he will get a free agent chance. This site picks him as the second best undrafted player. Interesting commentary on Ernie Kent's defensive coaching skills (or rather lack of).

https://fansided.com/2019/06/21/nba-draft-2019-best-undrafted-players/amp/5/

Edit - Franks has signed a two way contract with Charlotte. Two way contracts I believe are for a pro rated salary depending on whether he is in the NBA or the G League. He will make more money than the typical G League player, evidently around $100k per year.
Same kind of deal Perkins signed with Lakers.

Quite a commentary on Kent.

Nice find and nice article - very complimentary of Franks. And yeah - telling it like it is on Kent.

My feeling is Franks will end up overseas but this seems like a great option to take his proverbial shot at the NBA. The more players WSU has in the league the better it is for the program. We have some players doing very well financially and basketball wise around the world but they get lost in the shuffle.

Good luck to Robert Franks a great Cougar!

Flynn was reportedly unhappy with player development under Kent, so yes I do think it had an impact.

Franks can learn to play defense at the next level. Surprised no one took him in the second round. He still has a lot of upside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT