ADVERTISEMENT

Rolovich article on ESPN

Flatlandcoug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 14, 2007
Wichita, Kansas

Rolovich is saying that everything is all right in Cougar land and that the administration has agreed that he doesn't need to be vaccinated as long as he follows protocols. For me, the biggest issue is the fact that he failed to have these talks with Chun and Schulz before the news came out and they ended up being in a reactionary mode. Winning cures all ills but I see him being on a very short leash with his decision to skip the vaccination. Ready to move on to discussing football. Hope it works out where we laugh at all this down the road.

Rolovich is saying that everything is all right in Cougar land and that the administration has agreed that he doesn't need to be vaccinated as long as he follows protocols. For me, the biggest issue is the fact that he failed to have these talks with Chun and Schulz before the news came out and they ended up being in a reactionary mode. Winning cures all ills but I see him being on a very short leash with his decision to skip the vaccination. Ready to move on to discussing football. Hope it works out where we laugh at all this down the road.
Except he did have those conversations. So your biggest issue was always non-existent.

"I have elected not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine for reasons which will remain private. While I have made my own decision, I respect that every individual -- including our coaches, staff and student-athletes -- can make his or her own decision regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. I will not comment further on my decision."

Washington State athletic director Pat Chun said in a statement that he and Rolovich "have had multiple conversations regarding his decision not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine."

You know this how?

THIS CANNOT BE TRUE! I MUST HAVE OUTRAGE! GIVE ME MY RIGHTEOUS OUTRAGE! OUTRAGEOUS!

You know, I wish that Rolo (and everyone) would get vaccinated. With that said, his decision not to provides an excellent teaching opportunity for parents and his players.

What's missing in all of this Vax / Anti Vax sentiment is a firm response (yea right) from Democrats on the matter.

"If you choose not to get vaccinated, your risk of infection, hospitalization, and death due to COVID goes up exponentially. We are not going to close down the Nation as a result of your decision. You've been warned."

Reactions: SDCoug
You know, I wish that Rolo (and everyone) would get vaccinated. With that said, his decision not to provides an excellent teaching opportunity for parents and his players.

What's missing in all of this Vax / Anti Vax sentiment is a firm response (yea right) from Democrats on the matter.

"If you choose not to get vaccinated, your risk of infection, hospitalization, and death due to COVID goes up exponentially. We are not going to close down the Nation as a result of your decision. You've been warned."

If thats the Democrats response, and they really mean it, and really mean to go by it, and not lockdown over vaccines, then I actually approve of this statement by the Democrats.

Its just too bad the Democrats didnt come to this sooner, and had refused to lockdown sooner, and had not locked things down earlier like they did.

But if they really mean this, then at least they are coming to their senses, and at least they the Democrats are changing to this right position of not locking things down, if they are serious, mean this.

Except he did have those conversations. So your biggest issue was always non-existent.

"I have elected not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine for reasons which will remain private. While I have made my own decision, I respect that every individual -- including our coaches, staff and student-athletes -- can make his or her own decision regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. I will not comment further on my decision."

Washington State athletic director Pat Chun said in a statement that he and Rolovich "have had multiple conversations regarding his decision not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine."
11...is there any reason that will make you scratch your head? For example, Bill Gates and microchips?

Mike Leach is/was eccentric too, and when you win like he did, and does, like a metronome, it plays well with the fan base. If Rolo does the same, no fan will give a rat's arse, but if he continues to struggle, he has put himself on a short leash at all levels. Schultz is a professor of chemical engineering. It is fair to assume Rolo's antics aren't playing well with him, privately. For an institution of higher learning, its highest paid and most visible employee is clearly sending the wrong message and is an embarrassment. Ultimately, there is no reason, based in hard science, to not get at least one form of the jab, and chemical engineering is rock hard science.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4

In reading the responses by Chun and Schulz, there is no way that they knew that he was planning to dump a tweet in the fashion that he did. Their responses made it clear that Rolovich had gone "rogue" and was doing his own messaging without their input. Again, if they were on board with his decision, their initial responses would have included, "And we respect his decision". Contrary to what you believe, there was a failure to communicate.

As I said to start with here, winning cures all ills so if our team performs well this year, all of this is moot. I guarantee that Rolovich is on the shortest of leashes and he will not get a year four the way that Leach did if we aren't winning football games. He burned all of his political good will with the decision. Just hope he's got the coaching ability to rebuild it.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
Get back to me when there's normal and customary FDA approval and clinical trial data including full disclosure of potential side effects.

I get what you are saying but the issue that I have is the political nature of the discussion. I don't know (or care about) your political leaning, but last September and October, Trump and his supporters were bemoaning the fact that the FDA was slow walking the vaccine to hurt his campaign, when in fact, they were requiring enough trials to determine the efficacy of the drugs and looking for common, major side effects. Now that Trump has lost and the vaccine has been approved for emergency use (which would have still happened if Trump had won), the same people bitching about how slow the vaccine development process was are now saying that we shouldn't expect people to take it because it doesn't have full FDA approval.

It starts feeling like it's got nothing to do with the vaccine and everything to do with folks having an agenda. To be fair, some of the people that I know are afraid of needles and have said all along that they wouldn't take the vaccine, but then there are areas of the country where it's obviously a "f the libtards" thing rather than anything else and that gets a little frustrating. And of course, the other truth is that fewer than half of Americans get the flu shot every year because it doesn't matter if it's FDA approved, Americans love to proclaim their personal sovereignty all the time.

Get back to me when there's normal and customary FDA approval and clinical trial data including full disclosure of potential side effects.
What's the number you want? What I mean by that is what is the number of people you need to see in the trial to let you know it is safe?

If Rolo continues unvaxxed when the season starts then: If Cougs are responsible for and monetarily penalized for a cancellation of a game due to COVID and Rolo tests positive,,,,,then Rolo’s salary should be first and primary source of payment. His choice > he pays.

You point to the only argument out there to "delay" getting a jab. And if we were dealing with yet another boner pill, you would have a point. But we are dealing with medical emergency, a virus that put 3 million Americans in the hospital, and killed more than 1 in 5 of them.

343 million doses given in the USA alone. More than a billion worldwide. All data points to the fact that these vaccines are both as safe and effective as every other vaccine on the market now or in the past. As for side effects, the only guy who has ever published a study claiming to have found a vaccine "side effect" (autism/MMR), Andrew Wakefield, was a complete quack, his medical license was revoked, and his study was found to be a complete fraud, and there is zero evidence to the contrary. Vaccine fear is baseless. Rolo is being completely irrational. That is it in nutshell.

I get what you are saying but the issue that I have is the political nature of the discussion. I don't know (or care about) your political leaning, but last September and October, Trump and his supporters were bemoaning the fact that the FDA was slow walking the vaccine to hurt his campaign, when in fact, they were requiring enough trials to determine the efficacy of the drugs and looking for common, major side effects. Now that Trump has lost and the vaccine has been approved for emergency use (which would have still happened if Trump had won), the same people bitching about how slow the vaccine development process was are now saying that we shouldn't expect people to take it because it doesn't have full FDA approval.

It starts feeling like it's got nothing to do with the vaccine and everything to do with folks having an agenda. To be fair, some of the people that I know are afraid of needles and have said all along that they wouldn't take the vaccine, but then there are areas of the country where it's obviously a "f the libtards" thing rather than anything else and that gets a little frustrating. And of course, the other truth is that fewer than half of Americans get the flu shot every year because it doesn't matter if it's FDA approved, Americans love to proclaim their personal sovereignty all the time.
at what point do we let it sort itself out? nearly all the newest cases are the unvaxxed, and they have made their decision and from who I've spoken to, they are proud and fine with it and the consequences.

Regarding your affirmation of a mandate, I find fascism to be deplorable as do (supposedly) the left, but apparently only when it's someone ELSES fascism.

The same rules apply: if you're vaxxed and vulnerable/afraid, mask up. If your vaxxed and not vulnerable, do what you want. And if you're unvaxxed, you reap what you sow, and I say that knowing most of my immediate family isn't vaxxed. Of course I would be incredibly upset and distraught should they get sick and die, but I respect their decision.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
You point to the only argument out there to "delay" getting a jab. And if we were dealing with yet another boner pill, you would have a point. But we are dealing with medical emergency, a virus that put 3 million Americans in the hospital, and killed more than 1 in 5 of them.

343 million doses given in the USA alone. More than a billion worldwide. All data points to the fact that these vaccines are both as safe and effective as every other vaccine on the market now or in the past. As for side effects, the only guy who has ever published a study claiming to have found a vaccine "side effect" (autism/MMR), Andrew Wakefield, was a complete quack, his medical license was revoked, and his study was found to be a complete fraud, and there is zero evidence to the contrary. Vaccine fear is baseless. Rolo is being completely irrational. That is it in nutshell.

Hey brainiac... what's the 1/5/10 year outlook for the brand new,, never used before mRNA vaccines? What's that? You don't know because you don't have a freaking time machine?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

People have a right and are justified to have concerns - medicine isn't and hasn't always been 100% spot on. We're still unnecessarily circumcising boys in the US ffs, and it was sold to mothers that their precious boys winkie would shrivel up and fall off unless they got this new procedure ($$$$$). BUT TRUST THE SCIENCE, AT ALL COSTS!!

at what point do we let it sort itself out? nearly all the newest cases are the unvaxxed, and they have made their decision and from who I've spoken to, they are proud and fine with it and the consequences.

Regarding your affirmation of a mandate, I find fascism to be deplorable as do (supposedly) the left, but apparently only when it's someone ELSES fascism.

The same rules apply: if you're vaxxed and vulnerable/afraid, mask up. If your vaxxed and not vulnerable, do what you want. And if you're unvaxxed, you reap what you sow, and I say that knowing most of my immediate family isn't vaxxed. Of course I would be incredibly upset and distraught should they get sick and die, but I respect their decision.
You were allowed in school and play sports because of fascism . My kids had no choice to get vaccinated. It has been going on for a long time .

I think it is fascist that I have to show my ID to get on a plane .

What needs to happen is insurance companies treat people who are not vaccinated like smokers . That would be a start .

Hey brainiac... what's the 1/5/10 year outlook for the brand new,, never used before mRNA vaccines? What's that? You don't know because you don't have a freaking time machine?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

People have a right and are justified to have concerns - medicine isn't and hasn't always been 100% spot on. We're still unnecessarily circumcising boys in the US ffs, and it was sold to mothers that their precious boys winkie would shrivel up and fall off unless they got this new procedure ($$$$$). BUT TRUST THE SCIENCE, AT ALL COSTS!!
Ok get the JJ vaccine. And when Merck’s comes out fourth quarter of this year use theirs.

These are the first vaccines ever to receive emergency use authorization. Ever, as in the first time in the history of history.

What exactly is irrational about declining to be a beta tester?

Reactions: justinbgocougs
These are the first vaccines ever to receive emergency use authorization. Ever, as in the first time in the history of history.

Just out of curiousity......if you don't mind me asking.....do you get the flu shot every year?

Cause they aren’t. Historically vaccine side affects show with first six weeks of the shot. That is what a typical time period they look at to see the side effects . This trial extended two weeks beyond .

plus there are over 100 million who have received the vaccine, so the next 100 million have already seen the results.

Why should anyone get vaccinated . Economics . So small businesses, restaurants, schools etc don’t suffer the impact.

And just as inportant kids can go to school, participate in their extra curricular activities .

And the reason they have emergency authorization is they did all the trials and have the data, and they needed it to stem the tide of the virus so hospitals don’t get overwhelmed . And so to kee it from perfecting itself so younger people will be compromised as well . The variants are the worry ….

Ready to move on to discussing football. Hope it works out where we laugh at all this down the road.
Remember that message board ruckus in the summer of 2018 that took place after Leach tweeted out a video of Pres. Obama that had been doctored?

Even some of the highly respected posters on this site disliked the fallout so much they were ambivalent if Leach stayed or left at that point.

A few months later and the Cougs had rocketed to 14th in the rankings after whipping Oregon in one of the most electrifying wins in school history and the CML controversy was the furthest thing from people's minds.

"Just win baby"

Cause they aren’t. Historically vaccine side affects show with first six weeks of the shot. That is what a typical time period they look at to see the side effects . This trial extended two weeks beyond .

plus there are over 100 million who have received the vaccine, so the next 100 million have already seen the results.

Why should anyone get vaccinated . Economics . So small businesses, restaurants, schools etc don’t suffer the impact.

And just as inportant kids can go to school, participate in their extra curricular activities .

And the reason they have emergency authorization is they did all the trials and have the data, and they needed it to stem the tide of the virus so hospitals don’t get overwhelmed . And so to kee it from perfecting itself so younger people will be compromised as well . The variants are the worry ….

So, what exactly is irrational about not being a beta tester?

Just out of curiousity......if you don't mind me asking.....do you get the flu shot every year?
You mean the licensed flu vaccines evaluated and determined to be safe and effective by the FDA? Probably three out of every five years.

You mean the licensed flu vaccines evaluated and determined to be safe and effective by the FDA? Probably three out of every five years.
You understand why they are five year studies , correct?

Fair enough. I was just trying to gauge the room. Just out of curiosity, are you planning to get the vaccine once the FDA approves them in early 2022?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT